Traveling from Athens (port of Rafina) to Mykonos by ferry
There are 2 ferry crossings daily from Rafina to Mykonos all year round with sailing durations starting from 2,5 hours. Find all information regarding ticket prices and departure times. Compare ferry companies and book your ferry tickets.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Rafina) to Mykonos*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Rafina) to Mykonos?
Usually, there are at least 2 daily ferry crossings by 2 ferry companies throughout the whole year. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Fast Ferries, Golden Star Ferries, Seajets, and Blue Star Ferries. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Rafina) to Mykonos?
The ferry crossing lasts around 2,5 hours with a high-speed ferry and around 4 -4,5 hours with a conventional vessel.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Rafina) to Mykonos?
The cost of a ferry ticket from Rafina to Mykonos varies between 29€ and 100€. The average price for a foot passenger is 30€ for conventional ferries and 50€ for high-speed ones, while prices can alter according to reductions, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Rafina) to Mykonos?
During the summer months, there can be up to 4 or 5 daily ferries serving this route, while in the winter there are at least 2 sailings per day. The earliest departure is usually around 07.00 while the latest can be from 17.00 in the afternoon to 21.30 in the evening depending on the season.
What's the distance between Athens (Rafina) and Mykonos?
The distance between the port of Rafina in Athens and the port of Mykonos is 71 nautical miles (around 130 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Rafina) to Mykonos?
Yes, travel across Greek destinations is currently allowed. For information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Rafina) to Mykonos?
On Ferryhopper you can find real-time ferry information for the crossing Rafina - Mykonos and book ferry tickets online with no hidden costs.
The traditional windmills in the town of Mykonos - an iconic photo location.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Rafina) to Mykonos
- If you are traveling with your vehicle from Rafina to Mykonos make sure to be at the port at least 1 hour prior to your departure time.
- The port of Rafina is located around 30 km northeast of the center of Athens (45 minutes drive).
- Tickets to Mykonos can sell out fast during high-season so we recommend booking ferry tickets in advance.
- Mykonos has 2 ports, however, the majority of the ferries from Athens travel to the New Port of Mykonos. Read more about Mykonos' port on our relevant blog post.
- For useful information and tips on what to do in Mykonos check our dedicated destination page.
- Mykonos is a popular holiday destination so we recommend booking your accommodation on the island at least 3-4 months in advance.
- Check our Ferry map to discover island-hopping options to nearby islands such as Tinos, Milos, Ikaria, or Santorini.