Traveling from Santorini to Ios by ferry
The ferry route Santorini-Ios normally lasts from 35 minutes to 2 hours and the cost starts from 6€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Santorini to Ios*
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Ios?
There are usually 2 or 3 ferry crossings per day by 5 ferry companies on the Santorini to Ios route during the summer season. There are both conventional and high-speed ferries on this connection, operated mainly by the ferry companies Seajets, Zante Ferries, Small Cyclades Lines, Blue Star Ferries, and Golden Star Ferries. Schedules can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Ios?
The ferry ride can be from 35 minutes to 2 hours depending on the type of vessel and its scheduled itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Ios?
The cost of a one-way ferry ticket starts from 6€ and can be up to 60€. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle selection, or the ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Santorini to Ios?
During the summer season, there are 2 or 3 daily ferries from Santorini to Ios every day, while in the winter months there are at least 6 weekly sailings. The earliest ferry departure from Santorini is usually around 07.00. The latest ferry usually departs from Santorini around 19.00.
What's the distance between Santorini and Ios?
The distance between Athinios port in Santorini and the port of Ios is 21 nautical miles (i.e. 38 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Santorini to Ios?
Yes, travel across Greece is currently allowed. For updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Santorini to Ios?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all ferry schedules for the crossing Santorini-Ios and book ferry tickets online, at the best prices.
The 'Chora' of Ios island with its typical Cycladic architecture.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Ios
- The port of Athinios in Santorini can get extra busy in high season. Check our survival guide for Athinios Port to be prepared for your trip.
- Sometimes weather conditions can affect the duration of this ferry ride. If you get seasick, make sure to carry with you anti-nausea pills or ask the ferry crew for an aspirin.
- We recommend booking your return to Santorini in advance as tickets sell out fast especially in high season.
- If you are going on a day trip to Ios, we suggest that you rent a vehicle and wander around the island.
- For useful information about holidays in Ios, please visit our relevant destination page.
- Ios is a popular holiday destination so we suggest that you book your accommodation in advance, at least 3 months before your trip.
- Ios is also great for island-hopping! Discover nearby islands on our Ferry Map and all ferry connections in the Aegean sea.