Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Mykonos by ferry
There are at least 2 daily ferry crossings from Piraeus to Mykonos during the whole year, with a ferry trip duration starting from 2,5 hours. Read our ferry guide with the latest information on this route.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Mykonos*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Mykonos?
Usually, there are at least 2 direct ferry crossings per day from 2 ferry companies from the port of Piraeus to Mykonos. The route is served throughout the whole year by both conventional and high-speed ferries. The ferry companies that usually operate on this route are Blue Star Ferries, Golden Star Ferries, and Seajets.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Mykonos?
The ferry ride lasts approximately 2,5 hours with a high-speed ferry and usually about 4-5 hours with a conventional ferry. The duration of the ferry trip to Mykonos depends on the type of ferry that you travel with as well as on the intermediate stops of each itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Athens to Mykonos?
The cost of a one-way ferry ticket ranges from 20€ to 32€ for a conventional ferry, while for high-speed ferries the prices start from around 60€. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, or the ferry company.
What is the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Mykonos?
During high season there are at least 3-4 ferries per day from Piraeus to Mykonos and 1 or 2 ferries per day during the winter months. The earliest ferry in this route usually departs at 07.00 - 07.30, and the latest ferry is usually in the afternoon, however, in the summer, there might be evening ferries departing from Athens to Mykonos around 21.00.
What is the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Mykonos?
The distance between the port of Piraeus and the port of Mykonos is 86 nautical miles (approximately 160 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Mykonos?
Yes, ferry travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information and updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Mykonos?
On the Ferryhopper, you can compare all available ferry schedules from Athens to Mykonos, vessels, ferry companies, and ticket prices and book online your ferry tickets to the cosmopolitan Mykonos.
The crystal clear waters of the beach Platis Gialos on the south coast of Mykonos.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens to Mykonos
- If you are traveling with your vehicle from Athens to Mykonos make sure to be at the port at least 1 hour in advance of your departure.
- If you travel to the port of Piraeus by public transport we would recommend that you calculate some extra time to reach your ferry departure gate. If you have any questions you can always ask the Port Authority personnel.
- Mykonos has 2 ports, however, the majority of the ferries from Athens travel to the New Port of Mykonos. Find out more about Mykonos' ports on our relevant FAQ.
- Mykonos is a popular destination for holidays all year long so we recommend booking both ferry tickets and accommodation well in advance.
- If you are looking for more information about holidays in Mykonos, its beaches, nightlife or sightseeing, you can check our destination page.
- Mykonos is also ideal for island-hopping as it has frequent ferry connections to nearby islands. Find all the available ferry connections in the Cyclades at our Ferry map.