Ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Heraklion to Mykonos?
There are usually up to 5 daily ferry crossings from Heraklion to Mykonos during the high season.
Am I allowed to travel to Mykonos from Heraklion?
Yes, you can travel to Mykonos from Heraklion by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Heraklion to Mykonos
The Heraklion to Mykonos ferry crossing operates mainly in the summer season. There are usually up to 5 daily ferries to Mykonos from Heraklion (Crete).
The earliest ferry departs from Heraklion around 08:00 and reaches the port of Mykonos around 12:15. The latest departure from Heraklion to Mykonos is usually at 09:00, with the ferry arriving at 14:10.
There is also an indirect ferry route departing from Heraklion to Santorini and then from Santorini to Mykonos.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Heraklion to Mykonos?
The Heraklion to Mykonos ferry price ranges from €60 to €100. The final ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on the season, discounts, seat type or vehicle selection
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Mykonos from Heraklion (Crete). Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Heraklion to Mykonos by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion to Mykonos?
The ferry ride from Heraklion to Mykonos takes between 4 hr and 8 hr, depending on the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Heraklion to Mykonos?
Yes, you can travel with a high-speed ferry from Heraklion to Mykonos. The fastest ferry to Mykonos takes about 4 hr 15 min.
What's the distance between Heraklion and Mykonos?
The distance between the port of Heraklion and the port of Mykonos is approximately 127 nautical miles (235km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion to Mykonos
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Heraklion to Mykonos:
- The port of Heraklion can get crowded during the high season so we recommend arriving at the port at least 90 min in advance of your departure to avoid queuing.
- It is possible that weather conditions affect the duration of your ferry trip from Crete to Mykonos, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- Summer ferry rides can be a bit bumpy. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- We recommend booking your return to Heraklion in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- If you visit Mykonos only for a day or two, be sure to enjoy at least one night out. Mykonos is renowned for its nightlife.
- For extra tips on what to do in Mykonos, please visit our relevant destination page.
- Mykonos is a popular destination for holidays all year long. We recommend booking ferry tickets and accommodation well in advance.
Where to take the ferry from Heraklion to Mykonos?
The Crete - Mykonos ferry departs from the port of Heraklion. It's located about 2km from the center of the city, close to many shops, restaurants and city landmarks.
To get to the port and catch the ferry from Crete to Mykonos, you can take a public bus, taxi or walk. The regional bus station of Heraklion is located 700 meters (10 minutes walk) from the port.
Each company operating the Heraklion to Mykonos ferry route has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50kg.
- Minoan Lines allows each passenger to carry up to 2 pieces of luggage and 1 hand luggage.
- On Golden Star Ferries, there is no weight limit for luggage but it needs to be placed in the specified luggage trunks.
The ferry route from Heraklion to Mykonos is operated by both high-speed ferries and conventional ferries. Conventional ferries operating from Heraklion to Mykonos offer cabins.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Heraklion to Mykonos, depending on the company and type of vessel. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Heraklion to Mykonos online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Mykonos with just a few clicks.