Traveling from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos by ferry
There are from 2 to 5 daily ferry crossings from Heraklion to Mykonos in high-season with tickets cost starting from 60€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos*
Is there a ferry from Heraklion to Mykonos?
During high season there are at least 2 direct ferries every day by 3 ferry operators. The Heraklion to Mykonos ferry connection is seasonal and served both by high-speed and conventional ferries. Schedules can change regarding the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that usually operate on this route are Seajets, Minoan Lines, and Golden Star Ferries. There is also the option to travel indirectly from Heraklion to Mykonos via Santorini.
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion to Mykonos?
The ferry ride can be from 4 hours to 8 hours depending on the type of vessel and the itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Heraklion to Mykonos?
The price of a single ferry ticket ranges from 60€ to 100€. The cost depends on discounts, offers, seat type, or ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Heraklion to Mykonos?
There are usually from 2 to 5 ferry crossings per day operating on the Heraklion-Mykonos route in the summer months. The majority of the sailings are in the morning around 08.00 to 10.00. There is also the indirect option if you want to explore the most famous Greek islands: to take a ferry from Heraklion to Santorini and then from Santorini to Mykonos.
What's the distance between Heraklion and Mykonos?
The distance between the port of Heraklion and the port of Mykonos is approximately 127 nautical miles (or 235 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Heraklion to Mykonos?
Yes, travel within Greek destinations is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please check our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Heraklion to Mykonos?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all available ferry schedules in the Heraklion - Mykonos route and book your ferry tickets online, easy and fast.
Traditional red boat in the old port of Mykonos.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion to Mykonos
- The port of Heraklion can get crowded during high-season so we recommend arriving at the port at least 1 hour in advance of your departure to avoid queuing.
- It is possible that weather conditions affect the duration of your ferry trip from Crete to Mykonos, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- Summer ferry rides can be a bit bumpy. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- We recommend booking your return to Heraklion in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- If you visit Mykonos only for a day or two, be sure to enjoy at least one night out. Mykonos is renowned for its nightlife.
- For extra tips on what to do in Mykonos, please visit our relevant destination page.
- Mykonos is a popular destination for holidays all year long. We recommend booking ferry tickets and accommodation well in advance.
- Check our Ferry map to discover available island-hopping options from the port of Mykonos.