Ferry from Thessaloniki to Mykonos
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Thessaloniki to Mykonos?
For now, you can find 1 weekly ferry route that connects Thessaloniki to Mykonos in the Cyclades. The ferry company that currently operates this crossing is Blue Star Ferries.
Please note that the ferry connection between Thessaloniki and Mykonos is served seasonally and schedules may be changed or canceled. For this reason, always check our fare search engine to find up to date data for ferries and itineraries.
How long is the ferry ride from Thessaloniki to Mykonos?
The duration of the ferry journey from the city of Thessaloniki to the main port of Mykonos in Tourlos is more than 1 day, approximately 27 hours.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Thessaloniki to Mykonos?
No, unfortunately, the crossing Thessaloniki - Mykonos is not served by fast ferries.
How much is the ferry from Thessaloniki to Mykonos?
The ferry ticket for the route Thessaloniki to Mykonos costs €64 per single passenger for a standard deck or lounge seat. The ticket price can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, cabin selection and vehicle transportation.
What's the ferry schedule from Thessaloniki to Mykonos?
In 2021, for the periods from March 1st to June 6th and from September 6th to December 31st, you can find 1 weekly ferry itinerary from Thessaloniki to Mykonos, every Saturday. The ferry departs at 21:00 and reaches the new port of Mykonos in Tourlos the next day, at almost 01:00 after midnight.
What's the distance between Thessaloniki and Mykonos?
The distance between the port of Thessaloniki and Mykonos in an almost straight line is around 228 nautical miles (423km).
Am I allowed to travel from Thessaloniki to Mykonos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Thessaloniki to Mykonos?
Ferryhopper connects North Greece with the popular islands of the Cyclades. On our pages, you will find updated information on schedules and prices, in order to book online ferry tickets to Mykonos with no hidden fees!
The impressive traditional windmills of Mykonos
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Thessaloniki to Mykonos
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Thessaloniki at least 1.5 hours before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a car to Mykonos.
- The port of Thessaloniki is located near the city center and reaching it in peak hours can take some time. If you go by car, you are advised to take into account the traffic jam that you may face.
- The route Thessaloniki - Mykonos is a perfect way to transport your vehicle from Northern Greece to the Cyclades and explore every corner of them. Indicatively, vehicle tickets can be around €24 for a motorbike and around €120 for a car.
- You can find more information and details regarding holidays in Mykonos on our relevant page.
- Mykonos, apart from being a magnificent stand-alone destination, is also an ideal starting point for island hopping around the Cyclades. Find on our Map of Ferries all ferry connections between Mykonos and Syros, Tinos, Paros or even Santorini!
Where to take the ferry from Thessaloniki to Mykonos?
You can take the ferry to Mykonos from the port of Thessaloniki near the city center. The port is located approximately 16km from Thessaloniki International Airport “Makedonia” and 1km from the railway station. Getting to the port of Thessaloniki is very easy as there are frequent bus services and taxis. For those who want to reach the port by car, there is the port parking space 500m from the port gate.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Mykonos.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The vessel Blue Star Chios has cabins with beds that provide a comfortable journey. Due to the overnight trip and the long ferry ride, we suggest that you book a cabin to have more privacy and sleep well.