Ferry from Naxos to Santorini
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naxos to Santorini?
You can normally catch a ferry from Naxos to Santorini throughout the year. Usually, there are up to 7 daily ferry crossings to Santorini in the summer.
The Naxos - Santorini connection is operated by 3 ferry companies: Seajets, Minoan Lines and Blue Star Ferries. Blue Star Ferries operates on the route all year round, while Seajets serves Naxos - Santorini crossings from March to October and Minoan Lines ferries are active from June to September.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naxos to Santorini?
There is usually 1 daily ferry crossing from Naxos to Santorini during winter. From April to October, there are 3-7 daily crossings to Santorini.
The first ferry normally departs from Naxos at 10:30 and arrives in Santorini at 11:45, while the last ferry to Santorini from Naxos usually leaves at 23:10 arriving around 01:45, or at 00:15 reaching the island around 02:45.
Good to know: ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the season. You can always check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the Naxos - Santorini route on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naxos to Santorini?
Naxos - Santorini ticket prices start at around €31 for conventional ferries and at about €60 for high-speed vessels. The ticket cost also depends on discounts, offers, seat type, as well as vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Santorini from Naxos. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices, and book your ferry tickets easily and quickly.
Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Traveling from Naxos to Santorini by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to certain passenger categories, such as:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Students (Greek university of ISIC card holders)
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and toddlers up to 4 years normally travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary from one ferry company to another.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Naxos to Santorini?
The Naxos - Santorini ferry duration ranges from approximately 1 hr 15 min to over 2 hr 30 min. Travel time depends on the type of vessel (high-speed or standard), the ferry itinerary and weather conditions.
Tip: worried that weather conditions might affect your time of departure? You can see any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naxos to Santorini?
Yes, you can travel with a high-speed ferry from Naxos to Santorini from March to October. The fastest ferry reaches Santorini in about 1 hr 15 min.
What’s the distance between Naxos and Santorini?
The distance between Naxos and Santorini is 43 nautical miles (approximately 79 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naxos to Santorini
Here are some tips that you can use for your ferry trip to Santorini:
- The port of Naxos is quite busy during the summer months, as it serves ferry routes to Athens, as well as many in the Aegean Sea. Make sure you get to the port at least 1 hr before departure.
- Your port of arrival in Santorini is Athinios. The port is small and might get quite crowded in high season. You can find a helpful guide on our blog about the port of Athinios in Santorini.
- Discover the best travel tips for the island of Santorini and prepare for an unforgettable vacation!
- On Ferryhopper, you can discover all island-hopping options from Santorini. Find out how you can get to more Greek islands, such as Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes, and Paros, on our Map of ferries.
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Greece, you can check our relevant post. Note that, for the time being, all restrictions have been lifted.
Where to take the ferry from Naxos to Santorini
You can catch the ferry to Santorini from the port of Naxos on the west coast of the island. Naxos Port is located in the capital of the island, close to all visitor amenities and traveler services. You can easily walk to the port from the center of Chora, as well as catch an intercity bus or taxi from popular locations around the island.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naxos to Santorini with a car?
Yes, you can bring your car to Santorini, depending on the type of vessel you’ve chosen. Normally, only conventional ferries and some Seajets catamarans have car decks for vehicle trasport.
However, if you’re traveling without a vehicle, you can find various rental services in Santorini to easily get around the island.
Each company operating the ferry route from Naxos to Santorini has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50kg.
- Minoan Lines allows each passenger to carry up to 2 pieces of luggage and 1 hand luggage.
- On Blue Star Ferries, passengers are entitled to carry free of charge luggage up to 50 kg.
High-speed ferries to Santorini normally don't have cabins, but they have numbered airplane-type seats. There are cabins available on standard vessels of Blue Star Ferries, as well as numbered seats.
On Naxos - Santorini ferries, you can travel with your pet free of charge. Bear in mind that each ferry company has its own pet policy.
Make sure to carry along all necessary pet health certificates, tickets and any supplies you may need for your trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naxos to Santorini
On Ferryhopper you can book ferry tickets from Naxos to Santorini at the same prices as ferry companies. Check all the available ferry connections, compare companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Santorini in just a few clicks.