Ferry from Santorini to Amorgos
Tickets, Prices, Times & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Amorgos?
Tip: you can also travel indirectly from Santorini to Amorgos via Naxos or Paros year-round.
Am I allowed to travel to Amorgos from Santorini?
Yes, traveling to Amorgos from Santorini by ferry is possible. Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Greece and get ready for your trip!
What’s the ferry schedule from Santorini to Amorgos?
During high season, there are 1-2 daily ferry crossings from Santorini to Amorgos. The earliest ferry departure is usually at 11:30. The latest ferry departs at 15:00 and arrives in Amorgos at 16:20.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the Santorini - Amorgos crossing on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Amorgos?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts at €11.20 and can go up to approximately €75. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers, seat type or the ferry company.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Amorgos from Santorini. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Santorini to Amorgos by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 4 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Amorgos?
The Santorini to Amorgos ferry duration ranges from 1.5 hr to 5 hr depending on weather conditions and the type of vessel that you choose.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Amorgos?
Yes, you can travel with a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Amorgos. The fastest ferry to Amorgos makes the trip in approximately 1 hr 20 min.
What's the distance between Santorini and Amorgos?
The distance between Santorini and Amorgos is 43 nautical miles (approximately 80km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Amorgos
- The port of Santorini, Athinios, can get quite busy during the summer months so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes prior to departure.
- For more useful info about Athinios port in Santorini visit our relevant blog post.
- There are 2 ports in Amorgos: Katapola and Aegiali. Katapola is on the southern part of the island, while Aegiali is on the northern part. Although ferries from Santorini usually travel to Katapola, make sure you check the arrival port when booking your tickets.
- Summer ferry rides can be bumpy. There is nothing to worry about, but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- Island-hopping around Amorgos is a great idea! Check our Map of ferries to discover ferry connections from Amorgos to nearby islands such as Paros, Naxos, Koufonisia, Mykonos, and Ios.
Where to take the ferry from Santorini to Amorgos
You can catch the ferry to Amorgos from the port of Athinios in Santorini. Athinios Port is located on the western coast of Santorini, 8km from Fira and 20km from the village of Oia. You can get to the port of Athinios by bus, taxi or car.
Can I travel on the Santorini - Amorgos ferry with a car?
In the majority of the ferries from Santorini to Amorgos, there isn’t an option to travel with a vehicle.
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible regarding luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Amorgos.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend luggage up to 50kg to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
High-speed ferries do not have cabins, but they have numbered seats for a more comfortable trip.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Amorgos from Santorini, depending on the company and type of vessel you’ve chosen. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Santorini to Amorgos
You can easily book Amorgos ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find all available ferry crossings, compare companies, itineraries and prices, and book your ferry to Amorgos from Santorini with just a few clicks.