Traveling from Santorini to Amorgos by ferry
There is at least 1 direct ferry crossing per day from Santorini to Amorgos with ticket cost starting from 12€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Santorini to Amorgos*
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Amorgos?
Usually, there is at least 1 ferry crossing per day by 2 ferry companies between Santorini and Amorgos. This is normally a seasonal route but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that usually operate on the Santorini-Amorgos line are Seajets and Small Cyclades Lines. There is also the option to travel indirectly from Santorini to Amorgos via Naxos or Paros.
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Amorgos?
The ferry trip can be from 1,5 hours to 4 hours depending on the type of vessel, its scheduled itinerary, and weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Amorgos?
The cost of a one-way ticket can be around 12€ with a conventional ferry and around 50€ with a high-speed ferry. The price is subject to change according to reductions, offers, or seat type.
What's the ferry schedule from Santorini to Amorgos?
During the summer, there is usually 1 direct ferry crossing every day. The earliest ferry usually departs at around 11.00 and the latest around 14.00. In the winter months, there is the indirect option to travel by ferry from Santorini to Naxos and then from Naxos to Amorgos as both routes have regular connections all-year-round.
What's the distance between Santorini and Amorgos?
The distance between the port of Athinios in Santorini and Amorgos is approximately 48 nautical miles (i.e. 90 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Santorini to Amorgos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For all updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please check our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Santorini to Amorgos?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all available ferry schedules, ticket prices, and ferry companies in the Santorini - Amorgos route and book cheap ferry tickets online.
The impressive Monastery of Hozoviotissa in Amorgos, built on a cliff 300m above the sea.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Amorgos
- The port of Santorini, Athinios can get extra busy in high season. Check our survival guide for Athinios Port to be prepared for your trip.
- Sometimes weather conditions can affect the duration of this ferry ride. If you get seasick, make sure to carry with you anti-nausea pills or ask the ferry crew for an aspirin.
- Ferries from Santorini usually arrive at the port of Katapola in Amorgos. If you are unsure of your ferry itinerary ask the port authorities at the port of Santorini for further assistance.
- The port of Katapola in Amorgos is located 6 km (12 minutes drive) from Chora and 25 km (40 minutes drive) from the port of Aegiali.
- We recommend renting a car in Amorgos in order to explore the island as much as possible.
- For extra tips about holidays in Amorgos, visit our relevant destination pages.
- The Santorini-Amorgos route is a popular one and ticket availability can be limited in high season. So make sure you book in advance your ferry tickets.
- Amorgos is also a great gateway to the Small Cyclades. Find all ferry connections from Amorgos on our Ferry map.