Traveling from Santorini to Amorgos by ferry
The ferry route from Santorini to Amorgos is normally seasonal and it’s in operation from May to October. Ferry tickets for the Santorini - Amorgos trip start at €11.2. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Santorini to Amorgos*
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Amorgos?
You can catch a ferry from Santorini to Amorgos during peak season. Usually, there are 1-2 daily ferry crossings to Amorgos in the summer months. The route is normally serviced by 2 ferry companies: Seajets and Small Cyclades Lines.
Tip: You can also travel indirectly from Santorini to Amorgos via Naxos or Paros year-round.
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Amorgos?
The Santorini to Amorgos ferry duration ranges from 1 hr 15 min to 5 hr. The travel time varies, depending on weather conditions and the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Amorgos?
Yes, you can travel with a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Amorgos. The fastest ferry to Amorgos makes the trip in approximately 1 hr 15 min.
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Amorgos?
The Santorini - Amorgos ferry price ranges from approximately €11 to €60. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat and vessel type, as well as vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Santorini to Amorgos?
There are 1-2 daily ferry crossings from Santorini to Amorgos between May and October. The earliest ferry departs from Santorini at 11:30 and arrives in Amorgos at 16:25, while the latest scheduled trip to Amorgos from Santorini is usually at 12:15, arriving at 13:30.
Good to know: ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the season. Find the latest information and check real-time data for ferries from Santorini to Amorgos on our fare search engine.
What’s the distance between Santorini and Amorgos?
The distance between Santorini and Amorgos is 43 nautical miles (approximately 80km).
Am I allowed to travel from Santorini to Amorgos?
For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry travel in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Santorini to Amorgos?
You can easily book cheap Santorini - Amorgos ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no extra fees. Find information about available routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries and book ferry tickets from Santorini to Amorgos in just 4 clicks!
Beautiful white buildings at the village of Chora in Amorgos
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Amorgos
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Amorgos:
- The port of Santorini, Athinios, can get extra busy during the summer. Check our guide for Athinios Port to get ready for your trip.
- The Santorini - Amorgos route is one of the most popular and ticket availability can be limited in peak season. Make sure you book your ferry tickets well in advance.
- There are 2 ports in Amorgos: Katapola and Aegiali. Katapola is on the southern part of the island, while Aegiali is on the northern part. Although ferries from Santorini usually travel to Katapola, make sure you check the arrival port when booking your tickets.
- On Ferryhopper, you can discover island-hopping options from Amorgos to more Greek islands, such as Paros, Naxos, Koufonisia, Mykonos and Ios.
- Find more information about Covid-19 ferry safety measures and learn how to stay safe during your trip to Amorgos.
- Sometimes, weather conditions can make the trip a bit bumpy. If you tend to get seasick, make sure you carry anti-nausea pills or ask the ferry crew for an aspirin.
- For more information about the trip to Amorgos, departure times and arrival ports, do not hesitate to contact the Ferryhopper Customer Support Team!
Where to take the ferry from Santorini to Amorgos
You can catch the ferry to Amorgos from the port of Athinios in Santorini. Athinios Port is located on the western coast of Santorini, 8km from Fira and 20km from the village of Oia. You can get to the port of Athinios by bus, taxi or car.
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Santorini to Amorgos.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
High-speed ferries do not have cabins, but they have numbered seats. There are cabins and numbered seats on standard ferries for a more relaxed trip.