Ferry from Mykonos to Naxos
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Mykonos to Naxos?
There are usually up to 6 daily ferry crossings from Mykonos to Naxos during the high season. The Mykonos - Naxos connection is operated by 5 ferry companies: Seajets, Minoan Lines, Fast Ferries, Golden Star Ferries, and Blue Star Ferries.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season.
Am I allowed to travel to Naxos from Mykonos?
Yes, you can travel to Naxos from Mykonos by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Mykonos to Naxos
The Mykonos to Naxos ferry crossing operates mainly in the summer season. There are usually up to 6 daily ferries from Mykonos to Naxos.
The earliest ferry usually departs from Mykonos at 09:50 and reaches the port of Naxos around 10:25. The latest departure from Mykonos typically reaches the port of Mykonos around 19:00, with the ferry arriving at 19:40.
Tip: in the winter, there is an indirect ferry route from Mykonos to Naxos, having a stop on the island of Syros.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Mykonos to Naxos?
The Mykonos to Naxos ferry time is approximately 40 min with a high-speed vessel and around 1 hr with a conventional ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Mykonos to Naxos?
Yes, you can travel with a high-speed ferry from Mykonos to Naxos. The fastest ferry to Naxos from Mykonos takes about 40 min.
What's the distance between Mykonos and Naxos?
The distance between Mykonos and the port of Naxos is 21 nautical miles (around 39km).
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Mykonos to Naxos?
The Mykonos to Naxos ferry price ranges from €20 to €60. The final ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on the season, discounts, seat type or vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Naxos from Mykonos. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Mykonos to Naxos by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mykonos to Naxos
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Mykonos to Naxos:
- Mykonos port can get quite busy during the summer months, so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes before departure.
- Please keep in mind that the weather conditions might affect the duration of your ferry trip from Mykonos to Naxos, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- Summer ferry rides can be a bit bumpy. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick, you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- We recommend booking your return to Mykonos in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- Check out our dedicated destination page for tips about holidays in Naxos.
- Island hopping around Naxos is the best! Check our Map of Ferries to discover all its ferry connections with Paros, Amorgos or Santorini.
- For extra tips on this route, check our blog, A Ferry(tale) to Naxos, with insights on ferries.
Where to take the ferry from Mykonos to Naxos?
Mykonos has 2 ports: the new one in Tourlos and the old one. The new port is the one that serves the ferry connection between Mykonos and other Greek destinations.
The port of Tourlos is located only 2.5km from Chora, 4km from Mykonos airport and is easily accessible by local buses or taxis. You can find more information on the ports of Mykonos in our relevant blog post.
Each company operating the Mykonos to Naxos ferry route has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50kg.
- Minoan Lines allows each passenger to carry up to 2 pieces of luggage and 1 hand luggage.
- On Golden Star Ferries, there is no weight limit for luggage but it needs to be placed in the specified luggage trunks.
- On Blue Star Ferries and Fast Ferries, passengers are entitled to carry free of charge luggage up to 50kg.
The trip to Naxos from Mykonos isn’t very long, and many high-speed ferries don’t have cabins. For extra comfort during the journey, you can book a seat.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Mykonos to Naxos, depending on the company and type of vessel. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Mykonos to Naxos
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Mykonos to Naxos online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Naxos with just a few clicks.