Traveling from Crete (Heraklion) to Naxos by ferry
The Crete (Heraklion) to Naxos direct ferry route is only served during the summer months and usually by the ferry company, SEAJETS. The ferry ticket price for this trip is around 80 euros while the ferry journey lasts about 4 hours. The ferry CHAMPION JET 2 operates this route daily, departing from the port of Heraklion and reaching the port of Naxos. On this Ferryhopper page you will find more information about the Crete - Naxos ferry itinerary to plan your ideal trip!
Ferry schedules from Crete (Heraklion) to Naxos*
How frequent is the ferry connection between Crete and Naxos?
Ferries operating on this crossing belong to a rather popular ferry route, which also includes Mykonos, Ios, and Santorini. You can find a ferry to take you from Heraklion to Naxos at any time, as schedules are performed on a daily basis. In high-season, there are at least 2 ferries per day departing in the morning and afternoon. During winter months where traffic on Mykonos island is substantially lower, only one or two ferries operate on a daily basis on this crossing.
How long is the ferry ride from Crete to Naxos?
The high-speed catamarans operating on this crossing can cover the long distance between Crete and Naxos in just 4 hrs.
What is the distance between Crete and Naxos?
The distance between Naxos and Heraklion (Crete) is almost 140 nautical miles (225 km).
Ferry tickets from Crete to Naxos: Cost
As it was mentioned, the ferry connection of Heraklion and Naxos is very popular during the summer months as it passes through the main ports of the Cyclades like Mykonos, Ios and Santorini and therefore ferry tickets can be relatively pricey. Specifically, the price for simple economy tickets is 80 euros, while business class seats close to 100 euros. Ferry ticket prices may change every season so it is best to book your Ferryhopper search engine for all the information you need before booking your tickets!
How can I book my ferry tickets from Crete to Naxos
Check the Ferryhopper search engine and find all the information about the ferry routes and schedules from the ports of Crete to the island of Naxos. Compare easily ferry ticket prices and book your vacation in 4 clicks!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Crete to Naxos
- When traveling from Crete to Naxos, you will have the chance to enjoy the amazing view of Caldera of Santorini. You surely don't want to miss that! Champion Jet 2 has an open deck that is accessible if the weather condition is good.
- The port of Heraklion can become very crowded during August, and multiple ferries can arrive/depart at the same time. Make sure to be there at least 90 min before boarding.
- The ferry route Crete - Naxos is quite popular. If you are planning to take a ferry from Heraklion to Naxos in late July or August, make sure to book your ferry tickets in advance.
- If you are visiting Naxos for more days, we advise you to book your accommodation as early as possible; at least 4-5 months in advance.
- Apart from the routes Santorini - Naxos and Mykonos - Naxos, if you prefer to visit an island of Cyclades, closer to Naxos you can travel to Paros, Amorgos, Koufonisia, Tinos...and you can always check our map of ferries to plan an amazing island hopping around the Cyclades!
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer services!