Traveling from Heraklion (Crete) to Naxos by ferry
There are 1-2 daily ferry crossings from Heraklion (Crete) to Naxos in the summer months, with tickets cost starting from 70€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Heraklion (Crete) to Naxos*
Is there a ferry from Heraklion to Naxos?
There is at least 1 ferry crossing per day by 2 ferry companies during the summer months. This seasonal route is served primarily by high-speed vessels. The ferry companies that usually travel between Heraklion and Naxos are Seajets and Golden Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion to Naxos?
The ferry ride is approximately 4 hours with a high-speed ferry.
How much is the ferry from Heraklion to Naxos?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts from 70€ and can get up to 100€, depending on seat type, discounts, or ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Heraklion to Naxos?
This is a seasonal ferry route, operating mostly in the summer months with 1 or 2 direct ferries every day. The ferry from Heraklion usually departs in the morning, from 08.00 to 09.30, and gets to Naxos after midday. There is also an indirect option: to take a ferry from Heraklion to Santorini and then from Santorini to Naxos.
What's the distance between Heraklion and Naxos?
The distance between the port of Heraklion and the port of Naxos is 106 nautical miles (around 197 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Heraklion to Naxos?
Yes, traveling across Greek destinations is currently allowed. To find out more about COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece check our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Heraklion to Naxos?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all available ferry schedules and ticket prices from Crete to Naxos and book your ferry tickets online.
Cloudy day at the picturesque port of Naxos.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion to Naxos
- The port of Heraklion can get crowded during high-season so we recommend arriving at the port at least 1 hour in advance of your departure to avoid queuing.
- It is possible that weather conditions affect the duration of your ferry trip from Crete to Naxos, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- Summer ferry rides can be a bit bumpy. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- We recommend booking your return to Heraklion in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- For extra tips about holidays in Naxos, please visit our dedicated destination page.
- Naxos is a great option for island-hopping in the Cyclades. Check our Ferry map for all available ferry connections to nearby islands such as Koufonisia, Amorgos, Paros, or Mykonos.
- For more tips on ferries to/from Naxos have a look at our short guide on Naxos ferries in our blog.