Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Naxos by ferry
There are daily ferry crossings from Athens to Naxos all year long and the journey lasts 3-6.5 hr. Prices for Athens - Naxos ferry tickets start at about €30. Find the latest information about this route in our ferry guide.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Naxos*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
The ferry route Athens - Naxos is served at least 2 times per day throughout the year by both standard and high-speed ferries. The companies that usually operate on the ferry route from Piraeus to Naxos are Blue Star Ferries and Seajets.
Please note that ferry schedules are subject to change. Find the latest information and check real-time data for ferries from Piraeus to Naxos on Ferryhopper.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
The Piraeus to Naxos ferry duration ranges from approximately 3 hr to 6.5 hr depending on whether you are traveling with a high-speed or a standard ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Athens to Naxos. The fastest ferry to Naxos takes about 3 hr to reach the island.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
The Athens to Naxos ferry prices start at around €27 for standard ferries and at approximately €55 for fast ferries. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type and ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
Piraeus to Naxos ferries depart at least 3 times per day in the summer, while during the off-season, there are usually 2 daily ferry crossings.
The earliest ferry from Athens to Naxos usually departs at around 07.00 and arrives at about 13:00. The latest ferry departure is normally at 17.30, with the ferry arriving at about 23:30.
Bear in mind that the Piraeus - Naxos ferry timetable is subject to change.
What's the distance between Athens and Naxos?
The distance between the port of Piraeus in Athens and Naxos is approximately 98 nautical miles (about 181km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry travel in Greece, please visit our FAQ page.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets to Naxos from Athens (Piraeus)?
You can easily book cheap ferry tickets from Athens to Naxos on Ferryhopper with just 4 clicks. See all available ferry routes on our Map of ferries, compare ferry schedules, companies and prices, and book Athens to Naxos ferry tickets online at no extra cost.
The sun is setting over Portara, the most famous monument in Naxos
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Piraeus to Naxos:
- If you are traveling from Piraeus to Naxos with your vehicle, we recommend arriving at the port at least 1.5 hr before departure.
- If you are not sure which is your departure gate or if you have any questions about the Athens to Naxos ferry, you can ask the port authority staff for information.
- Piraeus is a big port with several departure gates. In order to help make your trip to Naxos easier, we have prepared a guide with useful information about Piraeus as well as a map of the port.
- Most ferries serving the Piraeus - Naxos route have a car deck. Ferry tickets range from about €55 to €85 for a car and from approximately €20 to €25 for a motorbike.
- Τickets for the ferry Athens to Naxos can sell out quickly during high-season, so we recommend booking well in advance.
- Check out our Naxos travel guide for tips and useful information about your vacation on the island.
- If you want to go island hopping in the Cyclades, then Naxos is a great starting point. From Naxos, you can easily travel by ferry to Paros, Mykonos, Santorini, Ios and other stunning islands in the Aegean Sea.
Where to take the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos
You can take the ferry to Naxos from the port of Piraeus in Athens. The port of Piraeus is located approximately 15km south of the city center of Athens and 45km from Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos. You can get to Piraeus by car, taxi as well as public transport (bus, metro, suburban railway).
Ferries from Piraeus to Naxos normally depart from port gates E7 and E9. Departure gates may change, so we recommend checking your ticket and the electronic display boards located at the port for more information.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to baggage size and weight. While on board the ferry to Naxos, you can keep your bags and suitcases next to you or store them in the designated luggage area. Bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
There are no cabins on the high-speed ferries serving the route from Piraeus to Naxos, but there are numbered seats. If you're traveling with a standard ferry, you can either book a cabin or a numbered seat for a more comfortable trip to Naxos.