Traveling from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete) by ferry
There are up to 5 ferry crossings daily from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete) with sailing duration starting at 3.5h. Find all information regarding ticket prices and departure times. Compare ferry companies and book your ferry tickets.
Ferry schedules from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete)*
Is there a ferry from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete)?
In the summer, you can find 1-2 daily ferry departures from Naxos to Heraklion. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that usually serve this connection are Seajets and occasionally Minoan Lines.
How long is the ferry ride from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete)?
The journey from Naxos to Heraklion lasts around 3.5 hours, depending on the ferry itinerary and the ferry company you choose.
How much is the ferry from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete)?
The ferries operating on this connection belong to a very popular route that includes Mykonos, Ios and Santorini, and consequently, the price of ferry tickets is high. Specifically, usually, the minimum price for an adult is 78€ for a conventional seat, while the professional class seats cost close to 100€. However, the total price can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or vehicle type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete)?
There are around 6 weekly ferry crossings from Naxos to Heraklion. The earliest ferry usually departs at 14:50 and arrives in Heraklions around 18:30. The last scheduled trip is at 16:00, reaching the port of Heraklion at 19:40.
What’s the distance between Naxos and Heraklion (Crete)?
The distance between Naxos and the port of Heraklion in Crete is almost 140 nautical miles or 225 km.
Am I allowed to travel from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete)?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
The port of Heraklion in Crete.
How can I book ferry tickets from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete)?
Check the Ferryhopper search engine and find all the information about the available ferries from Naxos to the ports of Crete, compare ferry ticket prices and book your vacation in 4 clicks!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naxos to Heraklion (Crete)
- The port of Naxos may be full of travelers during the summer and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. For this reason, we recommend that you arrive at the port at least 45 minutes early to find your ferry.
- Most vessels that run the Naxos - Heraklion crossings have garages with space to transport your vehicle, in order to explore more places on the island.
- Accommodation options in Heraklion can run out quickly during the summer. For this reason, we suggest you book your trip and stay, well in advance.
- Heraklion is perhaps the most famous port of Crete, which is connected to other Cycladic islands such as Santorini and Mykonos, but also to Dodecanese destinations such as Rhodes and Karpathos. You can check the Ferryhopper interactive map for more ideas and suggestions and book ferry tickets from Heraklion for island-hopping in the Aegean islands.
- Any information you need about your itineraries and travel times can be addressed to the Ferryhopper customer service team.