Ferry from Naxos to Crete (Heraklion)
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naxos to Heraklion?
There is at least 1 ferry crossing per day by 2 ferry companies during the summer months. This seasonal route is mostly served by high-speed ferries. The ferry companies that usually run this connection are Seajets and Golden Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Naxos to Heraklion?
The ferry trip duration from Naxos to Heraklion is approximately 4 hours with a high-speed vessel.
How much is the ferry from Naxos to Heraklion?
The cost of a one-way ticket ranges from 70€ to 100€, depending on seat type, discounts, or ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Naxos to Heraklion?
There are 1 or 2 direct ferry crossings per day on this seasonal ferry route. The ferries from Naxos usually depart early afternoon around 14.00-15.00. You can also travel indirectly from Naxos to Santorini and then from Santorini to Heraklion.
What's the distance between Naxos and Heraklion?
The distance between the port of Naxos and the port of Heraklion is approximately 106 nautical miles (i.e 197 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Naxos to Heraklion?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Naxos to Heraklion?
Compare real-time ferry information for the route Naxos-Heraklion on Ferryhopper and book ferry tickets online at the best prices.
The gorge and beach of Agiofarago, 80 km south of the port of Heraklion.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naxos to Heraklion
- The port of Naxos can be crowded during August, and multiple ferries can arrive/depart at the same time. Make sure to be at least 45 min in advance of departure time.
- Tickets to Heraklion can sell out fast during high-season so make sure to book your tickets in advance.
- It is possible that weather conditions affect the duration of your ferry trip from Naxos to Crete, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- We recommend booking your return to Naxos in advance especially in high season.
- Crete is a beautiful holiday destination. If you want tips on what to do in Heraklion, please visit our destination page.
- Check our Map of ferries for ferry connections from Heraklion to the Cyclades and the Dodecanese.