Ferry from Lipari to Vulcano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Lipari to Vulcano?
Yes, you can travel by ferry from Lipari to Vulcano all year round.
There are usually 10 to 18 daily crossings from Lipari to Vulcano, depending on the season. The Lipari - Vulcano connection is operated by Liberty Lines hydrofoils and by Siremar ferries.
Bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Am I allowed to travel to Vulcano from Lipari?
Yes, you can travel from Lipari to Vulcano by ferry at the moment. Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Lipari to Vulcano?
The earliest ferry departs from Lipari at 06:30 and arrives at the port of Vulcano just before 07:00. The latest departure from the Lipari port to Vulcano is usually at 20:05, with the ferry arriving around 20:15.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Lipari to Vulcano?
The Lipari to Vulcano ferry prices range from €5 to €6. The ticket cost depends on the company and the season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Vulcano from Lipari. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the same price with ferry companies.
Toddlers up to 3 years old travel from Lipari to Vulcano for free. There are also discount tickets for children up to 14 years old and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Lipari to Vulcano?
The Lipari to Vulcano ferry time is between 10 min and 25 min. The trip duration depends on the vessel (ferry or hydrofoil).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Lipari to Vulcano?
The connection from Lipari to Vulcano is also operated by fast hydrofoils that take around 10 min to reach the Vulcano port.
What's the distance between Lipari and Vulcano?
The distance between Lipari and Vulcano is 3.38 nautical miles (around 6 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Lipari to Vulcano
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Lipari to Vulcano:
- If you decide to stay in Lipari for a few days, you can also visit all the other Aeolian Islands by ferry, apart from Vulcano. Find out which islands to visit on our travel guide to the Aeolian Islands.
- The port of Lipari is also connected by ferry to some towns of Sicily and to the port of Naples. Find out about the Palermo - Lipari, Milazzo - Lipari, Messina - Lipari, Naples - Lipari ferry routes, and plan your adventure in the Aeolian archipelago!
- The Aeolian Islands are usually a bit more pricey in high season. To save money, we suggest that you book your tickets and find accommodation in Vulcano well in advance.
- We recommend booking your return to Lipari in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- From Vulcano, you can continue your journey to the Aeolian Islands and reach the island of Alicudi by ferry.
- In a few cases, schedules of ferries that depart from the port of Lipari may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper app!
Where to take the ferry from Lipari to Vulcano
Ferries and hydrofoils to Vulcano depart from the Sottomonastero ferry terminal in the port of Lipari. You can find several shops, bars, restaurants, and rental services near the port.
The port area is within walking distance from the historic center and some popular attractions, such as the beautiful castle of Lipari.
Can I travel on the ferry from Lipari to Vulcano with a car?
Yes, you can board your vehicle on ferries that operate the Lipari - Vulcano connection, but not on hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that, from June to September, motor vehicles of non-residents are not allowed to circulate in Vulcano.
On Siremar ferries, passengers can carry 1 piece of luggage up to 20 kg.
On Liberty Lines, passengers can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x20 cm. Young travelers who are entitled to discount tickets can carry up to 5 kg of luggage.
On the Lipari - Vulcano ferries and hydrofoils, there are no cabins available. Instead, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on Lipari - Vulcano ferries and hydrofoils, as long as you fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets.
A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while medium- and large-sized pets must wear a muzzle and a leash.
On Siremar ferries there are also special areas on board reserved for passengers with dogs or other pets.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Lipari to Vulcano?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Lipari to Vulcano online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Vulcano easily and quickly!