Ferry from Lipari to Vulcano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Lipari to Vulcano?
Yes, you can travel by ferry from Lipari to Vulcano all year round.
There are usually up to 18 daily crossings from Lipari to Vulcano, depending on the season. The Lipari - Vulcano connection is operated by Liberty Lines hydrofoils and by Siremar ferries.
Bear in mind that ferry timetables are subject to change. Therefore, make sure to check for updated schedules on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Lipari to Vulcano?
The first ferry departs from Lipari at 06:20 and arrives at the port of Vulcano at 06:30. The last departure from the Lipari port to Vulcano is usually scheduled at 20:05, with the ferry arriving around 20:15.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Lipari to Vulcano?
Lipari - Vulcano ferry prices range from around €5 to €7. The ticket cost depends on the company and the season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all current offers for the ferry trip to Vulcano from Lipari. Find real-time information about ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best prices.
Current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Infants and toddlers up to 3 years old travel from Lipari to Vulcano for free. There are also discount tickets for children up to 11 years old and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Lipari to Vulcano?
The Lipari - Vulcano ferry trip takes from 10 min to 25 min, depending on the operator and the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Lipari to Vulcano?
The connection from Lipari to Vulcano is also operated by fast hydrofoils that reach the Vulcano port in 10 min.
What's the distance between Lipari and Vulcano?
The distance between Lipari and Vulcano is 3.38 nautical miles (around 6 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Lipari to Vulcano
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Lipari to Vulcano:
- Starting from Lipari, you can also visit more of the Aeolian Islands by ferry. Find out which islands to visit on our travel guide to the Aeolian Islands.
- The port of Lipari is also connected by ferry to some towns in Sicily and to the port of Naples. Check the Palermo - Lipari ferry trip, the ferry crossing from Milazzo to Lipari as well as the Messina - Lipari, and Naples - Lipari ferry routes, and plan your adventure in the Aeolian archipelago!
- The Aeolian Islands are usually a bit more pricey in high season. To save on your vacation budget, we suggest that you book your tickets and accommodation in Vulcano well in advance.
- We recommend booking your return to Lipari in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- From Vulcano, you can continue your journey to the Aeolian Islands and reach the island of Alicudi by ferry. Find out more about the Vulcano - Alicudi ferry route.
Where to take the ferry from Lipari to Vulcano?
Ferries and hydrofoils to Vulcano depart from the Sottomonastero ferry terminal in the port of Lipari. You can find several shops, bars, restaurants, and rental services near the port.
The port area is within walking distance from the historic center and some popular attractions, such as the beautiful castle of Lipari.
Can I travel on the ferry from Lipari to Vulcano with a car?
Yes, you can board your vehicle on ferries that operate on the Lipari - Vulcano connection, but not on hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that, from June to September, the circulation of motor vehicles of non-residents is not allowed in Vulcano.
Each ferry company traveling from Lipari to Vulcano has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, passengers can carry 1 piece of luggage up to 20 kg.
- On Liberty Lines, passengers can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with a maximum size of 60x40x20 cm. Young travelerswho travel with discount tickets can carry up to 5 kg of luggage.
On Lipari - Vulcano ferries and hydrofoils, there are no cabins available. However, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on Lipari - Vulcano ferries and hydrofoils by including it in the booking and paying an additional fee.
A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while medium- and large-sized pets must wear a muzzle and a leash.
On Siremar ferries, there are also special areas on board reserved for passengers with dogs or other pets.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Lipari to Vulcano
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Vulcano from Lipari easily and quickly. Find all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and fares, and plan your adventure in the Aeolian Islands at the same prices as ferry companies!