Ferry from Milazzo to Vulcano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Milazzo to Vulcano?
Yes, there are up to 10 daily crossings serving the Milazzo - Vulcano ferry route all year round. The connections are operated by 2 ferry companies: Siremar and Liberty Lines.
During summer, there are up to 20 daily crossings from Milazzo to Vulcano. Therefore, you can choose the most convenient travel time and ferry company for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Milazzo to Vulcano
The Milazzo - Vulcano route serves up to 10 daily crossings all year round.
The earliest ferry to Vulcano leaves from the port of Milazzo around 07:00, arriving on the island around 07:50. The latest ferry departs at 19:15, arriving in Vulcano at about 20:05.
Please, keep in mind that ferry schedules may change during the summer months. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Milazzo to Vulcano?
The Milazzo - Vulcano ferry price ranges from €15 to €23. The ticket cost varies depending on the port of arrival, type of vessel and season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best available offers for the ferry trip to Vulcano from Milazzo. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices for this route and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel from Milazzo to Vulcano for free but are not entitled to onboard seating. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Milazzo to Vulcano?
The Milazzo - Vulcano ferry time takes between 50 min and 1 hr 30 min, depending mainly on the operator you've chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Milazzo to Vulcano?
The connection from the port of Milazzo to the island of Vulcano is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry from Milazzo to Vulcano takes about 50 min.
What’s the distance between Milazzo and Vulcano?
The distance between the port of Milazzo and the Aeolian island of Vulcano is 17 nautical miles (about 30 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Vulcano from Milazzo
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Milazzo to Vulcano:
- The Aeolian Islands can be more expensive than usual during the high season. Therefore, we advise you to book the ferry and your accommodation in Vulcano well in advance.
- In the high season, we recommend arriving early at the port of Milazzo to avoid delays and overcrowding. The same applies to trips on weekends.
- You can travel between both ports of Vulcano island in just 10 min by ferry.
- Go island hopping from the port of Milazzo to the Aeolian Islands. For the best tips, check out our article on island hopping in the Aeolian Islands.
- You can also catch the ferry from Palermo to Vulcano by hydrofoil, thanks to the seasonal connections.
- Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy before your Vulcano - Milazzo ferry trip.
Where to take the ferry from Milazzo to Vulcano
Ferries and hydrofoils to Vulcano depart from the port of Milazzo. It is located very close to the city center and just a 6-minute ride from the famous Castle of Milazzo and the Antiquarium museum.
You can reach the port of Milazzo from the airport of Catania. There is a shuttle service from the airport to Milazzo, taking about 2 hr.
Can I travel on the ferry from Milazzo to Vulcano with a car?
Yes, you can embark your vehicle on the conventional ferries serving the Milazzo - Vulcano route.
However, keep in mind that the circulation of motor vehicles is prohibited to non-permanent residents in Vulcano from June to September.
Each ferry company has its own luggage policy. Specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger can have 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20 kg.
- On the hydrofoils of Liberty Lines, each passenger can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x20 cm. Young travelers entitled to discount tickets can carry up to 5 kg of luggage.
Hydrofoils and ferries operating from Milazzo to Vulcano do not have cabins. However, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
On Milazzo - Vulcano ferries, you can bring your pet on board. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets. As for larger pets, they must have a muzzle and be on a leash.
On the Siremar ferries, there are also specially reserved areas for passengers with pets and kennels on board.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Milazzo to Vulcano
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Milazzo to Vulcano online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Vulcano easily and quickly!