Ferry from Naples to Lipari
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naples to Lipari?
The Naples - Lipari ferry route is active all year round with up to 2 weekly connections during the winter months. Also, there are about 20 weekly ferry crossings from Naples to Lipari from June to September.
The Naples - Lipari ferry route is usually operated by 3 ferry companies: Siremar, Alilauro and SNAV. You can check real-time data for ferries from Naples to Lipari on our fare search engine and book ferry tickets online.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Lipari
From June to October, there are around 3 daily crossings departing from the port of Naples around 14:30 and reaching the island of Lipari at 21:00. Occasionally, there is also an evening ferry departing from the port of Naples at 20:00 and arriving in Lipari at 09:40 or 11:35 the following morning.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Lipari?
Starting prices for the Naples - Lipari ferry route range from €70 to €91. However, the ticket cost varies depending on the period, discounts, offers, seat or cabin type and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Lipari from Naples. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the offer that suits you best and plan your Naples - Lipari ferry trip at the lowest prices!
Infants and toddlers from 2-3 years old travel from Naples to Lipari for free. The companies also offer discount tickets for:
- Children up to 12 years old
- Residents of the Aeolian Islands
Tip: ferry companies might also offer additional discounts, depending on the season and type of vessel.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Lipari?
The Naples - Lipari ferry time ranges from 6 hr 30 min to 14 hr 30 min. The duration of the trip to Lipari depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Lipari?
Yes, there are high-speed vessels serving this route. The fastest ferry from Naples to Lipari takes about 6 hr 30 min.
What’s the distance between Naples and Lipari?
The distance between the port of Naples and the Aeolian island of Lipari is 146 nautical miles (about 270 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Lipari from Naples
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Lipari:
- In the months of July and August and on weekends, it is advisable to arrive at the port of Naples 1 hr in advance to avoid overcrowding and potential delays.
- The Aeolian Islands are usually a bit more expensive in the high season. To save money, we suggest that you book your tickets and find accommodation in Lipari well in advance.
- Naples and Lipari are connected by ferry to the other Aeolian Islands. You can catch a ferry from Naples to Stromboli, Vulcano, or Panarea. Go island hopping and plan your trip online on Ferryhopper.
- Make sure to check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy before your trip.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Lipari
The port of Naples is located near the city center (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport. It is about 15 km from Capodichino airport and only 10 min from the Naples central railway station.
High-speed boats (hydrofoils) to Lipari leave from the Mergellina pier. Conventional ferries (allowing the transfer of vehicles) depart from the Calata Porta di Massa pier. You can easily reach it by taking a bus from Naples Centrale station.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Lipari with a car?
Motor vehicles can only be embarked on Siremar ferries that operate the route from Naples to Lipari.
In the event that you decide to take the Naples - Lipari hydrofoil, you may need to leave your car in the paid parking lots located near the port.
Important: keep in mind that the circulation of motor vehicles is usually prohibited for non-residents of Lipari from June to September.
Each ferry company has its own luggage policy. Specifically:
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm and weighing less than 9 kg.
- With SNAV, you can take 1 piece of hand luggage with you weighing up to 9 kg and with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm for free.
- As for Siremar ferries, each passenger can bring 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 20 kg.
Reminder: for additional luggage and luggage that exceeds the proposed dimensions/weight, companies usually apply an extra fee.
Siremar ferries operating the Naples - Lipari ferry route have various types of cabins to choose from. Alternatively, there are numbered seats on standard ferries that are included in the ticket price.
Depending on the company and type of vessel, you can travel with your pet on the ferry to Lipari from Naples. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for a smooth ferry trip with your pet.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Lipari
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Lipari online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Lipari easily and quickly.