Ferry Milazzo - Lipari
Tickets, Ferry Prices & Timetables
Is there a ferry from Milazzo to Lipari?
Yes, the Milazzo - Lipari ferry route is operated by Siremar and Liberty Lines with up to 15 daily crossings.
During summer, there are up to 20 daily crossings. Therefore, you can choose the most convenient travel time and ferry company for the Milazzo to Lipari ferry trip.
Tip: please note that the Milazzo to Lipari ferry timetable is subject to change. On Ferryhopper, you can find real-time schedules and book ferry tickets online to Lipari at no extra cost.
Am I allowed to travel from Milazzo to Lipari?
Yes, you can travel from Milazzo to Lipari by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. Therefore, check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Milazzo to Lipari
The Milazzo - Lipari route is in operation with up to 15 daily crossings year-round.
The earliest ferry to Lipari leaves from the port of Milazzo around 06:30, arriving on the island at 07:30. The latest ferry departs at 19:30, arriving in Lipari at 20:30.
Please, keep in mind that ferry schedules may change during the summer months. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Milazzo to Lipari?
The Milazzo - Lipari ferry price ranges from €14 to €21. The ticket cost varies depending on the port of arrival, type of vessel, and season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best available offers for the ferry trip to Lipari from Milazzo. Find the lowest ferry prices for this route and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Toddlers can travel from Milazzo to Lipari for free but are not entitled to onboard seating. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Milazzo to Lipari?
The Milazzo - Lipari ferry time ranges between 55 min and 1 hr 15 min, depending mainly on the port of arrival.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Milazzo to Lipari?
The connection from the port of Milazzo to the island of Lipari is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry from Milazzo to Lipari takes about 55 min.
What’s the distance between Milazzo and Lipari?
The distance between the port of Milazzo and the Aeolian island of Lipari is 20 nautical miles (about 37km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Milazzo - Lipari: useful tips for your trip
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Milazzo to Lipari:
- The Aeolian Islands can be more expensive than usual during the high season. Therefore, we advise you to book the ferry and your accommodation in Lipari well in advance.
- In the high season, we recommend you to arrive early at the port of Milazzo to avoid delays and overcrowding. The same applies to trips on weekends.
- You can travel between both ports of Lipari island in just 10 min by ferry. Also, you can have a day trip to Lipari and return late in the afternoon. The latest Lipari to Milazzo ferry is at 19:50.
- Go island hopping from Milazzo to the Aeolian Islands. From the port of Lipari, there are also many daily connections to Salina, Vulcano, and Stromboli.
- Are you wondering if there is a ferry from Palermo to Lipari? Thanks to the seasonal connection, you can catch a hydrofoil to Lipari from Palermo.
- If you worry about how to get from Sicily to Lipari, you should know that there are several crossings from Milazzo that connect Sicily to the Aeolian Islands. You can also catch a ferry from Messina to Lipari.
Where to take the ferry from Milazzo to Lipari
Ferries and hydrofoils to Lipari depart from the port of Milazzo. It is located very close to the city center and just a 6-minute ride from the famous Castle of Milazzo and the Antiquarium museum.
Also, you can reach the port of Milazzo from the airport of Catania. There is a shuttle service from the airport to Milazzo, taking about 2 hr.
Can I travel on the ferry from Milazzo to Lipari with a car?
Yes, you can embark your vehicle on a Milazzo - Lipari ferry. However, keep in mind that in Lipari, from June to September, the circulation of motor vehicles is prohibited to non-permanent residents. Therefore, you cannot embark your vehicle on the ferry to Lipari during the summer months.
Each ferry company has its own luggage policy. Specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger can have 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20kg.
- On the hydrofoils of Liberty Lines, each passenger can carry up to 10kg of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x20cm. Young travelers who are entitled to discount tickets can carry up to 5kg of luggage.
The hydrofoils and ferries that operate the route from Milazzo to Lipari do not have cabins but onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
On Milazzo - Lipari ferries, you can bring your pet on board. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while large-sized pets must wear a muzzle and a leash.
On the Siremar ferries, there are also areas specially reserved for passengers with pets and kennels on board.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Milazzo to Lipari
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Milazzo to Lipari online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares and book your ferry trip to Lipari with just a few clicks.