Ferry from Vulcano to Alicudi
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Vulcano to Alicudi?
Yes, you can travel by ferry from Vulcano to Alicudi all year round. There are usually 3 daily crossings to Alicudi, operated by Liberty Lines and Siremar ferries.
Keep in mind that the number of daily crossings from Vulcano to Alicudi increases during the high season. Therefore, make sure to check the ferry schedules and your travel time before your trip.
Am I allowed to travel to Alicudi from Vulcano?
Yes, you can travel from Vulcano to Alicudi by ferry at the moment. Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Vulcano to Alicudi?
The earliest ferry departs from the port of Vulcano at 08:00 and arrives in Alicudi at 09:50. The latest departure from Vulcano is usually at 16:00, arriving at Alicudi at 18:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Vulcano to Alicudi?
The Vulcano to Alicudi ferry price ranges between €13 and €18. The ticket cost depends on the company and the season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Alicudi from Vulcano. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the same price with ferry companies.
Toddlers up to 3 years old travel from Vulcano to Alicudi for free. There are also discount tickets for children up to 14 years old and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Vulcano to Alicudi?
The ferry time from Vulcano to Alicudi is between 2 hr and 4 hr 15 min. The trip duration depends on the boat type (ferry or hydrofoil).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Vulcano to Alicudi?
The connection from Vulcano to Alicudi is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry takes around 2 hr to reach the port of Alicudi.
What's the distance between Vulcano and Alicudi?
The distance between Vulcano and Alicudi is 30 nautical miles (around 57km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Alicudi from Vulcano
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Vulcano to Alicudi:
- Alicudi is a popular destination. Therefore, we suggest you book the ferry and accommodation a long time in advance.
- There are many direct ferry crossings to Alicudi. You can catch a ferry from Milazzo to Alicudi or travel from Palermo to Alicudi by hydrofoil in less than 2 hr, thanks to the seasonal ferry connections.
- Go island hopping from the port of Alicudi as you can reach the beautiful Panarea and Filicudi by ferry in a short time! Find out which Aeolian island is the best for your holidays, thanks to our travel guide.
- In a few cases, the schedules of ferries that depart from the port of Vulcano may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real-time on the Ferryhopper app!
Where to take the ferry from Vulcano to Alicudi?
Ferries and hydrofoils to Alicudi from Vulcano depart from Porto di Levante, located in the island’s northern part.
In the port area, there are several shops, bars, restaurants and taxi services. Also, just a 5-minute walk from the port, there is the beach of Acque Calde.
Can I travel on the ferry from Vulcano to Alicudi with a car?
Yes, it is possible to embark motor vehicles on the conventional ferries that operate the Vulcano - Alicudi connection, but not on the hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that, from July to September, motor vehicles of non-residents are not allowed to circulate in Alicudi.
Each company operating the ferry route from Vulcano to Alicudi has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger is entitled to have 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20kg.
- On Liberty Lines hydrofoils, you can carry up to 10kg of hand luggage with dimensions of 60x40x20cm.
Given the short duration of the trip, there are no cabins on the hydrofoils and ferries from Vulcano to Alicudi. Instead, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on Vulcano - Alicudi ferries and hydrofoils, as long as you fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets.
A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while large-sized pets must wear a muzzle and a leash. On Siremar ferries, there are also special areas on board reserved for passengers with dogs or other pets.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Vulcano to Alicudi?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Vulcano to Alicudi online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Alicudi in just a few clicks!