Ferry from Naples to Sorrento
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
How to get from Naples to Sorrento by ferry?
Yes, you can travel from Naples to Sorrento thanks to the daily departures of the ferry companies Alilauro and NLG. The connection runs year-round, but NLG operates only during a certain period.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the Naples - Sorrento crossing on Ferryhopper.
Naples to Sorrento ferry timetable
As of now, the earliest Naples ferry to Sorrento departs at 09:00 and arrives in Sorrento at 09:45, while the latest scheduled trip to Sorrento from Naples is at 19:30, arriving at 20:15 in Sorrento.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Sorrento?
The tickets for the ferry from Naples to Sorrento cost about €14-€15. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers and seat type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the Naples to Sorrento ferry. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees.
Traveling by boat from Naples to Sorrento is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. Ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
Note: infants up to 2 years travel for free.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Sorrento?
The Naples - Sorrento ferry crossing can take between 35 to 45 min, depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Sorrento?
The Naples - Sorrento ferry connection is operated only by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry to Sorrento makes the trip in about 30 min.
How far is Sorrento from Naples?
The distance between Naples and Sorrento is approximately 14 nautical miles (about 25 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Naples to Sorrento: useful tips for your trip
Before you board the ferry from Naples to Sorrento, have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Naples at least 1 hr before your ferry trip, especially on weekends to avoid the crowds.
- In case of bad weather conditions, hydrofoil services are usually suspended. We suggest you consult the ferry company you are traveling with.
- From the port of Sorrento, you can continue your journey to the Gulf of Naples! Take a look at the Sorrento - Ischia and Sorrento - Capri ferry routes on Ferryhopper and explore nearby destinations.
- From the port of Sorrento you can also take the ferry to the Amalfi Coast. Take a look at the Sorrento - Positano ferry route to find out more.
Where do you get the ferry to Sorrento from Naples
Ferries from Naples to Sorrento depart from Molo Beverello, located at the port of Naples. It is close to the city center of Naples (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport.
Tip: close to the port, you can find bars, restrooms and parking lots.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Sorrento with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the hydrofoils to Sorrento. If you’re traveling to Sorrento by car, you can make use of the paid parking lots close to the port of Naples.
The companies Alilauro and NLG operating on the Naples - Sorrento ferry route have similar policies for luggage:
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9 kg.
- NLG allows passengers to carry a single piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
Reminder: for additional luggage and luggage that exceeds the proposed dimensions/weight, companies usually apply an extra boarding fee.
Given the short duration of the Naples - Sorrento ferry trip, there are no cabins available on the hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Sorrento from Naples. In order to be allowed on board, all pets should hold a ticket. Smaller animals must be kept in special carriers, while large-sized animals must be equipped with a muzzle and a leash.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Sorrento
You can easily book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find more information about the Naples - Sorrento ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!