How to get from Capri to Naples by ferry
Traveling to Naples from the island of Capri by ferry is easy and convenient, as there are several daily crossings. Find ferries, compare prices and timetables, and book your ferry tickets from Capri to Naples on Ferryhopper easily!
Is there a ferry from Capri to Naples?
The Capri - Naples ferry route is available with about 14 daily crossings all year round, served by 3 companies: SNAV, NLG and Caremar. You can travel either by ferry or hydrofoil.
How long is the ferry ride from Capri to Naples?
The duration of the Capri - Naples ferry route ranges from 45 min to 1 hr 20 min, depending on the type of vessel you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Capri to Naples?
Yes, the route from Capri to Naples is also operated by fast ferries that reach the port of Naples in 45 min.
How much is the ferry from Capri to Naples?
The price of the ferry tickets to Naples from Capri is about €20. The final cost depends on seasonality, available discounts and if you choose to bring along your vehicle.
What’s the ferry schedule from Capri to Naples?
The first ferry from Capri to Naples usually leaves at 06:40 in the morning and arrives at around 08:00. The last ferry is scheduled for 20:15 and arrives at Naples at 21:15.
What’s the distance between Capri and Naples?
The distance between Capri and Naples is approximately 15 nautical miles (about 28km).
Am I allowed to travel from Capri to Naples?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Capri to Naples. Before planning your trip, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Capri to Naples?
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Capri to Naples with just a few clicks. Find more information about ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and explore nearby destinations!
A colorful cityscape of Naples
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Capri to Naples
Have a look at some important tips for your ferry trip to Naples:
- Ferry times tend to change often. Make sure to check them again a few days before your departure.
- In the busy months of July and August, we suggest you arrive at the port of Capri early to avoid delays. The same applies to ferry trips on weekends.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry and hydrofoil services are usually suspended. We suggest you always consult with the company you are traveling with.
Where to take the ferry from Capri to Naples
Ferries and hydrofoils to Naples depart from the port of Marina Grande. You can easily reach the port by taking the funicular from Piazzetta, the famous square of Capri. Alternatively, you can get there on foot or by taking one of the local buses.
The companies that operate on the Capri - Naples ferry route have different policies for luggage:
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15cm and a maximum weight of 5kg.
- SNAV allows you to carry a single piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20cm and a maximum weight of 9kg.
- On the ferries of Caremar, it is possible to carry 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x40x20cm for free. If you’re traveling by ferry, pieces of luggage should not weigh more than 20kg. As for hydrofoils, the proposed maximum weight is 10kg.
Given the short duration of the Capri - Naples trip, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Capri to Naples with a car?
Cars are allowed on certain ferries from Capri to Naples, depending on the company and type of vessel you’re traveling with.