Ferry from Capri to Naples
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Capri to Naples?
Yes, you can easily reach Naples from Capri in Italy, thanks to the year-round connections operated by SNAV, Navigazione Libera del Golfo (NLG) and Caremar.
There are usually up to 20 connections per day and the ferry route is served by conventional ferries and hydrofoils.
What’s the ferry schedule from Capri to Naples?
Usually, the earliest ferry to Naples departs from Capri at 08:05 in the morning and arrives in Naples at 08:45. The last departure is at 20:15, with the ferry arriving in Naples at 20:55.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Capri to Naples?
The price of a single Capri - Naples ferry ticket varies between €21 and €23. Depending on the company and crossing you’ve chosen, the final ticket price may vary.
Discover the best available offers for your trip to Naples on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes in Italy, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Children up to 2 years old travel for free, while there are year-round discounts for those up to the age of 12. Some companies also provide reduced fares for large groups and residents.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Capri to Naples?
The Capri - Naples ferry route lasts 45 min to 1 hr 20 min, depending on the company and itinerary you’ve chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Capri to Naples?
The route from Capri to Naples is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest crossing to Naples lasts approximately 45 min.
What’s the distance between Capri and Naples?
The distance between Capri and Naples is around 15 nautical miles (approximately 28 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Naples from Capri
Here are some travel tips for your trip to Naples:
- During the summer and on weekends, we recommend arriving at the port of Capri well in advance to avoid delays and overcrowding.
- Ferry and hydrofoil services can be suspended, depending on the weather conditions. In such cases, we recommend that you consult the company that you’re traveling with.
- Add our Naples travel guide to your reading list and make the most of your trip!
- Ferries from Capri to Naples dock at Molo Beverello (near Piazza Municipio), Calata Porta di Massa and Molo Mergellina (only in summer).
- Check also more info about the return Naples - Capri ferry route.
- How about some exciting coast hopping by ferry in Naples and Amalfi? Read our guide and discover our recommended coast-hopping itineraries!
Where to take the ferry from Capri to Naples
Ferries to Naples depart from the port of Marina Grande in the north of Capri. There is a funicular that can transfer you from the famous Piazzetta square in the town of Capri to the port in just a few minutes.
Can I travel on the ferry from Capri to Naples with a car?
Motor vehicles are only allowed on the ferries traveling from Capri to Naples, but not on the hydrofoils.
Each company operating on this route has different baggage allowance policies:
- SNAV allows you to carry a single piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm and a maximum weight of 9 kg.
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
- On the ferries of Caremar, it is possible to carry 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x40x20 cm for free. If you’re traveling by ferry, pieces of luggage should not weigh more than 20kg. As for hydrofoils, the proposed maximum weight is 10kg.
As the duration of the Capri - Naples route is rather short, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel safely with your pet, as long as it’s included in your booking.
As pet policies and amenities may vary, make sure to contact the company you’re traveling with for additional information.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Capri to Naples
On Ferryhopper, you can book your ferry tickets to Naples from Capri hassle-free! Find real-time information about ferries to Naples and plan your trip without hidden fees!