Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Tinos by ferry
There is at least 1 daily ferry crossing from Athens (Piraeus) to Tinos all year round with an average ticket cost of 25.5€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Tinos*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Tinos?
Usually, there are at least 6 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Tinos. This can change regarding the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates on this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Tinos?
The journey from Piraeus to Tinos lasts approximately 4.5 hours with the conventional ferry.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Tinos?
The cost of the standard ferry ticket for the route Piraeus - Tinos starts from about 25.5€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Tinos?
There are daily ferry connections from Piraeus to Tinos all year round, and especially in the summer. Usually, the ferries depart to Tinos at around 07:30 and arrive at almost 12:00.
What's the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Tinos?
The distance between the port of Piraeus and the island of Tinos is about 77 nautical miles (145 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Tinos?
Yes, traveling across Greek destinations is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please check our relevant FAQ section.
Traditional dovecote in Tinos.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Tinos?
On the pages of Ferryhopper, you will find all ferry routes from Piraeus to Tinos. Compare ferry prices and schedules to book cheap ferry tickets online.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Tinos
- The port of Piraeus is the most popular in Greece and serves all of Attica. Many itineraries depart from Piraeus daily. For this reason, we recommend that you be there at least 1 hour before departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- If you are unsure of your departure gate or you have any questions about your ferry you can ask the port authority staff for information on the spot.
- The route Piraeus - Tinos is one of the most popular and options for ferry travel and accommodation run out quickly, especially during the summer months. We recommend that you plan and book your trip 3 to 4 months in advance, to avoid last-minute unavailability.
- Tinos is an ideal starting point for island-hopping in other famous and beautiful islands of the Cyclades such as Andros, Syros and Mykonos. On our map of ferries, you will find all available ferry connections between Tinos and other Greek islands.
- For more information on the trip or to confirm the departure time of the ferry, do not hesitate to contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!