Traveling from Santorini to Tinos by ferry
There are 2 weekly ferry crossings from Santorini to Tinos in high-season with ticket cost starting from 50€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Santorini to Tinos*
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Tinos?
Usually, there are 2 weekly ferry crossings by 2 ferry companies from Santorini to Tinos. This is a seasonal ferry connection and schedules are subject to change depending on the demand or the weather but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that usually operate on this route are Minoan Lines and Golden Star Ferries. There is also the option to travel indirectly from Santorini to Tinos via Mykonos or Syros.
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Tinos?
The ferry ride can last from 3 hours to 5 hours depending on the type of vessel and its scheduled itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Tinos?
The cost of a one-way ferry ticket starts at around 50€. The final price depends on reductions, offers, or seat type.
What's the ferry schedule from Santorini to Tinos?
During the summer, there are usually 2 direct ferry crossings per week in the Santorini - Tinos route. The ferries usually depart in the morning around 11.00. In the winter months, there is the indirect option to travel by ferry from Santorini to Mykonos or Syros and from there to Tinos, as both routes have regular connections all-year-round.
What's the distance between Santorini and Tinos?
The distance between the port of Athinios in Santorini and the port of Tinos is 69 nautical miles (around 128 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Santorini to Tinos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For all updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please check our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Santorini to Tinos?
Compare all available ferry schedules. prices and ferry companies in the Santorini -Tinos route on Ferryhopper and book ferry tickets online at the best prices.
Detail from a traditional dovecot, typical in the Tinian landscape.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Tinos
- The port of Santorini, Athinios can get extra busy in high season. Check our survival guide for Athinios Port to be prepared for your trip.
- Sometimes weather conditions can affect the duration of this ferry ride. If you get seasick, make sure to carry with you anti-nausea pills or ask the ferry crew for an aspirin.
- This is a popular ferry route during high season so we recommend booking your ferry tickets in advance (at least 3 months).
- Check our dedicated destination page and find out tips and info about holidays in Tinos.
- We recommend that you rent a car or moto in Tinos in order to explore the island's beautiful villages and remote beaches.
- From Tinos, you can get cheap ferry tickets to the neighboring islands of the Cyclades. Check our Map of ferries for all ferry connections.