Traveling from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos by ferry
There are almost 4 daily ferry crossings from Heraklion to Mykonos and tickets cost from 70€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos*
Is there a ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos?
The ferry routes that connect Heraklion of Crete with Mykonos are seasonal, but very popular during the summer months and run almost every day. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. Usually, this ferry crossing is operated by the companies Seajets, Golden Star Ferries and Minoan Lines.
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos?
The trip from Heraklion to Mykonos lasts between 4,5 and 5 hours, as the journey is operated by speedboats. Also, the duration of the trip varies depending on the ferry company.
How much is the ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos?
The average price for a standard ferry ticket for this crossing is around 70€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos?
As mentioned, there are almost everyday ferry crossings from Heraklion to Mykonos. The ferry usually departs at 08:00 - 09:00 in the morning and arrives at Mykonos by noon.
What’s the distance between Heraklion (Crete) and Mykonos?
The port of Heraklion is around 127 nautical miles from Milos, or else 235 km.
Am I allowed to travel from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Afternoon in beautiful Mykonos.
How can I book ferry tickets from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos?
Book ferry tickets from Heraklion to Mykonos with Ferryhopper, in just 4 clicks! On our pages, you will find all the available itineraries from Crete to Mykonos and Cyclades, to compare schedules, prices, travel time and ferry companies and to choose the trip you want in the easiest way.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Mykonos
- The port of Heraklion is easily accessible from the city center and is just a 15-minute walk from the KTEL station. We suggest you get to the port at least 45 minutes before departure. If you are traveling with your vehicle, it is a good idea to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure.
- Mykonos, the island of winds and celebrities, is a famous holiday destination for travelers from all over the world. If you intend to spend a few days in Mykonos, we suggest you book your stay on the island well in advance. Although there are several accommodation options in a wide range of prices, the demand is great and the availability is easily depleted. Especially if you are thinking of traveling between July and mid-August, it would be recommended to book your stay at least 4 months in advance.
- In the same spirit, the route that connects Heraklion of Crete with Mykonos is one of the most popular every summer. So we suggest you book your ferry tickets as early as possible because availability runs out quickly. Especially if you plan to book a ticket for your vehicle, it would be good to book 3-4 months before the travel date.
- Apart from being a destination for cosmopolitan holidays, Mykonos due to its location is also ideal for island-hopping in the Cyclades and the eastern Aegean. For example, from Mykonos, you can easily travel by ferry to Tinos, Syros, Naxos, Andros, Paros and of course Santorini! See all available routes from Mykonos on the updated Ferryhopper map.
- During the summer months, the routes Crete - Cyclades are one of the most popular for Greek and foreign travelers! Apart from Mykonos, the port of Heraklion is also connected to the ports of Santorini and Milos. See more information on the pages Heraklion - Santorini and Heraklion - Milos.
- Whatever you need regarding the itineraries from/to Mykonos or your planned trip, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team.