Traveling from Mykonos to Heraklion (Crete) by ferry
The ferry route Mykonos-Heraklion normally lasts from 4 hours to 8 hours and the cost starts from 60€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Mykonos to Heraklion (Crete)*
Is there a ferry from Mykonos to Heraklion?
There are at least 2 direct ferries per day, by 3 ferry operators, traveling from Mykonos to Heraklion in the summer months. The seasonal ferry connection is served both by high-speed and conventional ferries and the companies that operate on the route are usually Seajets, Minoan Lines, Golden Star Ferries. There is also an indirect option to travel from Mykonos to Heraklion via Santorini. Schedules are subject to change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Mykonos to Heraklion?
The duration of the ferry ride ranges from 4 hours to 8 hours depending on the vessel and itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Mykonos to Heraklion?
The cost of a one-way ticket can be from 60€ to 100€. The price depends on discounts, offers, seat type, or ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Mykonos to Heraklion?
On this seasonal route, there are usually from 2 to 5 sailings per day traveling from Mykonos to Heraklion. The majority of the ferry departures are in the early afternoon, around 13.00 to 15.00. There is also the option to travel indirectly via the port of Santorini.
What's the distance between Mykonos and Heraklion?
The distance between the port of Mykonos and the port of Heraklion in Crete is 127 nautical miles (around 235 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Mykonos to Heraklion?
Yes, you are, since ferry traveling within Greece is allowed. For information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Mykonos to Heraklion?
Find real-time information for the Mykonos - Heraklion route on Ferryhopper and book your ferry tickets at the best prices.
The cathedral of Saint Titos in the center of Heraklion's city.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mykonos to Heraklion
- Mykonos has 2 ports, however, the majority of the ferries depart from New Port of Mykonos. Find out more about Mykonos' port on our relevant blog post.
- Mykonos port can get quite busy during the summer months so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes in advance of departure.
- Please keep in mind that the weather conditions might affect the duration of your ferry trip from Mykonos to Crete, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- Summer ferry rides can be a bit bumpy. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- We recommend booking your return to Mykonos in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- For extra tips on what to do in Heraklion, please visit our relevant destination page.
- Check our Ferry Map for all available ferry connections from the port of Heraklion including Athens, Santorini, or Rhodes.