Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Naxos by ferry
The ferry route Athens-Naxos normally lasts from 4 hours to 5 hours and the cost starts from 30€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Naxos*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
There are at least 2 direct ferries per day by 2 ferry companies from Athens to Naxos all year long. The ferry route from Piraeus to Naxos is served by both conventional and high-speed ferries. The ferry companies that usually operate on this ferry route are Blue Star Ferries and Seajets.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
The duration of the ferry trip from Piraeus to Naxos can be around 3,5 hours with a high-speed ferry and approximately 5 hours with a conventional one.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
The ferry ticket for an economy seat starts from around 30€ for the conventional ferries and from around 55€ for a high-speed one. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, or the ferry company.
What is the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
During high season there are at least 3 daily ferries, while in the winter there are 1 or 2 ferries per day serving the route. The earliest ferry usually departs from Athens to Naxos at 07.00 while the latest ferry departure is around 17.00.
What is the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Naxos?
The distance between the port of Piraeus in Athens and the island of Naxos is approximately 98 nautical miles (which is about 181 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
Yes, you are allowed to travel by ferry to Greek destinations. To find out the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, please visit our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos?
Compare all ferry schedules from Athens to Naxos on Ferryhopper, choose the itinerary that suits your plans, and book your ferry tickets online in just 4 clicks!
The iconic monument of Portara overlooking the port and city of Naxos.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Naxos
- The port of Piraeus is the busiest in Greece so we recommend arriving at the port at least 90 min before your departure, particularly if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- If you are unsure of your departure gate or you have any questions about your ferry you can ask the port authority staff for information.
- The majority of the ferries on this route offer the option to transfer a vehicle. The vehicle ferry tickets range from 55€ to 85€ for a car and approximately 20€-25€ for a motorbike.
- For more information about the island of Naxos, the beaches, villages, and traditions, make sure you visit our dedicated destination page!
- Naxos is ideal for island-hopping in the Cyclades. Check the Ferryhopper Map of ferries and plan your journey in the easiest way.