Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Naxos by ferry
Naxos is the biggest island of the Cyclades located right in the center of the complex. Due to its beauty and its key location, Naxos is an ideal destination to enjoy your Greek vacation and plan an island hopping to other beautiful islands. Naxos is well connected with mainland Greece through the ports of Piraeus and Rafina with regular crossings all year long. You can find all the information about the ferry routes from Athens to Naxos on Ferryhopper! Check all the available ferry itineraries and book your ferry tickets at the best prices!
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Naxos*
How frequent is the ferry connection between Athens and Naxos?
During high season, there are almost 35 weekly crossings from the port of Piraeus to Naxos and at least 30 from Rafina. The ferry companies that usually provide these ferry routes are Blue Star Ferries, SeaJets and Golden Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Naxos?
The duration of the ferry trip from Piraeus to Naxos can be around 3 hr 30 min with high speed ferries and almost 5 hrs with conventional ones. The Rafina - Naxos ferry route runs for about the same time.
What is the distance between Athens and Naxos?
The distance between the Greek city and Naxos is approximately 90 nautical miles (170 km).
Ferry tickets from Athens to Naxos: Cost
The ferry ticket for single footing passenger costs around 20 euros from Piraeus and 30 euros from Rafina. Both alternatives offer the option of vehicle transportation in the ferries’ garage.
How can I book my ferry tickets from Athens to Naxos
Traveling by ferry to the charming island of Naxos is very easy with Ferryhopper. You can consult our updated search engine and find all the information about ferry schedules and ferry ticket prices, in order to choose the most suitable option for you!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens to Naxos
- The port of Piraeus is the largest in Greece and can be quite busy during the summer months. We highly recommend to get to the port at least 90 min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- In order to find the respective terminal gate you can ask the port authority staff for information.
- Naxos is an ideal starting point of an unforgettable island hopping around Cyclades. Check the Ferryhopper map of ferries and plan your trip to like Paros, Santorini, Amorgos and the small Cyclades.
- Be sure to regularly check the Ferryhopper pages for special discounts of the ferry companies.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer services!