Ferry from Ischia to Procida
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ischia to Procida?
There are usually around 15 daily ferry crossings from Ischia to Procida. This service is offered by 3 companies: Caremar, SNAV and Medmar.
Please bear in mind that ferry timetables may change from season to season. You can find available ferry routes, compare prices and book your tickets from Ischia to Procida online with no extra fee on Ferryhopper.
How long is the ferry ride from Ischia to Procida?
The duration of the ferry from the port of Ischia to Procida takes from 15 to 25 min depending on the type of boat (conventional ferry or hydrofoil).
Please, keep in mind that travel time depends on weather conditions and the type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ischia to Procida?
Yes, the fastest ferry to Procida from Ischia takes about 15 min by high-speed boats (hydrofoils).
How much is the ferry from Ischia to Procida?
The price of a ferry ticket from Ischia to Procida is around €15. The ticket cost varies depending on vehicle and seat selection, as well as available discounts. If you take a return ticket, you will be eligible for a discount.
Tip: you can also travel with your pet by ferry for an additional cost of around €5.
What’s the ferry schedule from Ischia to Procida?
There are normally 15 daily ferry crossings from Ischia to Procida. The earliest ferry from Ischia to Procida departs at around 06:20 and arrives in Procida around 06:40. The latest departure is usually at 19:40 for an arrival a little before 20:10.
What’s the distance between Ischia and Procida?
The distance between Ischia and Procida is 4 nautical miles (about 7km).
Am I allowed to travel from Ischia to Procida?
Yes, you can currently travel by ferry from Ischia to Procida. However, when planning your holidays, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Ischia to Procida?
Colorful houses decorating a stone-paved road of Procida in Italy
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Ischia to Procida
Here are some important travel tips for your trip from Ischia to Procida:
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- Ferry times can change depending on the ferry company. It is advisable to take a look at the ferry timetable from Ischia to Procida again a few days before your departure.
- During the summer months, it is preferable to arrive at the port of Ischia at least an hour before boarding to avoid delays.
- You can also take a ferry from Ischia to Naples, from Ischia to Sorrento and from Ischia to Capri.
Where to take the ferry from Ischia to Procida
Ferries and hydrofoils to Procida depart only from Ischia port and Casamicciola. Both ports are located in the northern part of Ischia.
The Ischia port is the main port and the busiest corner of the island with prestigious restaurants and trendy clubs. It is accessible by car, taxi or bus. It’s just a 3-minute ride by car from Ischia's town center and is easily accessible by public transport.
The port of Casamicciola is the second largest port on the island. It is about 13 min from the town of Ischia. There you can find a few bars, restaurants and vehicle rental services.
Each ferry company from Ischia to Procida has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Medmar allows 1 piece of luggage of 20kg maximum per person free of charge.
- SNAV allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage weighing up to 9kg and with a maximum size of 50x35x20cm with no extra fee.
- On Caremar ferries, it is possible to carry 1 piece of hand luggage weighing up to 20kg on a conventional ferry and up to 10kg on a hydrofoil with a maximum size of 50x40x20cm at no extra cost.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry companies charge fees for additional baggage and baggage exceeding the size and/or weight policy.
Ferries from Ischia to Procida do not have cabins, as the journey is very short. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Ischia to Procida with a car?
Some of the ferries serving crossings from Ischia to Procida allow the transfer of vehicles on the island of Procida.
Useful info: from April to the end of October, traffic on the island is prohibited for vehicles (cars, motorcycles, etc.) except for permanent residents of the island.