Ferry from Valencia to Formentera
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Valencia to Formentera?
There are no direct connections from Valencia to Formentera, but you can travel by ferry to Ibiza and continue your journey to Formentera from there. There are normally at least 10 weekly crossings from Valencia to the port of Ibiza, operated by Baleària and Trasmed.
The ferry route from Ibiza to Formentera is available with frequent daily departures throughout the year. The Ibiza - Formentera route is normally operated by 4 ferry companies: Baleària, Formentera Lines, Aquabus and Trasmapi.
Please note that ferry schedules may change from season to season. You can find real-time information about your trip for the Valencia - Formentera route and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Valencia to Formentera
There are no direct ferry connections from Valencia to Formentera, but you can catch a ferry to Ibiza and get to Formentera from there. Normally, there are up to 25 weekly ferry crossings from Valencia to the island of Ibiza.
The earliest ferry usually leaves the port of Valencia at 07:00 and arrives in Ibiza at around 12:00. The latest ferry usually departs from Valencia at 22:45 and arrives in Ibiza at 05:30 in the morning. Then, you can catch a ferry from Ibiza to Formentera, as there are multiple ferry crossings throughout the day.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Valencia to Formentera?
Most Valencia - Ibiza tickets cost around €40-60, while prices for the Ibiza - Formentera route usually start at €18-25. As such, the minimum total cost of the ferry trip from Valencia to Formentera ranges between €60 and €85. Prices may vary depending on discounts, seat or cabin type, vehicle selection, and the operator you’ve chosen.
Discover the best available offers for the route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry connections, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best price.
Toddlers can travel from Valencia to Formentera by ferry for free. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Balearic Islands all year round.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Valencia to Formentera?
The duration of the ferry trip from Valencia to Ibiza is 5-7.5 hr. The trip from Ibiza to Formentera takes approximately 30 min to 1 hr. This means that you spend at least 5.5 hr on the ferry when traveling from Valencia to Formentera.
Keep in mind that the total travel time depends on the waiting time between the crossings, which may vary depending on the ferry schedules.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Valencia to Formentera?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Valencia to Formentera. The fastest ferry serving the Valencia - Ibiza route takes 5 hr to get to the island, while the fastest ferry from Ibiza reaches Formentera in 25 min.
What’s the distance between Valencia and Formentera?
The distance between Valencia and Formentera is approximately 92 nautical miles (171 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Formentera from Valencia
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Valencia to Formentera:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Valencia at least 1.5 hr before your departure, as it can get busy, especially in the summer.
- There is no option to fly directly to Formentera, since the island does not have an airport. Traveling by ferry to Formentera, on the other hand, is smooth sailing!
- To visit the island like a pro, make sure to read our guide on how to get to Formentera!
- One of the best ways to travel around Formentera is by bicycle. The island supports eco-friendly practices and is a great destination for sustainable holidays.
- Check out our Formentera travel guide for more holiday tips and useful information about the island.
Where to take the ferry from Valencia to Formentera
The port of Valencia is located close to the city center (25 min by car). You can easily get there by public transport, taxi or your vehicle. There is also a shuttle bus that takes passengers to the port terminals.
You can then take a ferry to the port of La Savina in Formentera from the main port of Ibiza Town.
Can I travel on the ferry from Valencia to Formentera with a car?
You can travel with a vehicle on the majority of the ferries from Valencia to Ibiza and on some ferries to Formentera.
Keep in mind that there is limited availability regarding vehicle tickets, as transferring vehicles from Ibiza and mainland Spain to Formentera is limited to help protect the island’s environment.
Each ferry operator serving this route has different luggage policies:
- Trasmed allows each passenger to carry up to 30 kg per luggage item.
- On the ferries of Baleària, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage per passenger, as long as you can handle it on your own. There are also open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
- With GNV, each passenger is allowed to carry up to 2 pieces of personal luggage.
- Trasmapi allows passengers to carry up to 20 kg of luggage.
- With Formentera Lines, each passenger can carry a maximum of 20 kg of luggage and a small piece of hand luggage. A charge may be applied to passengers carrying an excessive number of luggage.
- Aquabus allows 1 piece of luggage per passenger.
Most of the ferries that travel from Valencia to Ibiza have cabins as well as numbered seats for a more comfortable trip. Ferries traveling from Ibiza to Formentera normally don’t offer cabins, since the ferry trip is too short to book one.
When it comes to getting to Formentera by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Make sure to provide any relevant information as you book your tickets. For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you consult the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Valencia to Formentera
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Valencia to Formentera on Ferryhopper without hidden fees. Find all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and prices, and book ferry tickets to Formentera online with ease.