Traveling from Valencia to Formentera by ferry
The best way to reach Formentera from Valencia is through Ibiza. There are 1-2 daily ferry crossings from Valencia to Ibiza and daily crossings for the Ibiza - Formentera route. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Is there a ferry from Valencia to Formentera?
There is an indirect ferry route from Valencia to Formentera through Ibiza. The Valencia - Ibiza route is available 7-14 times per week. The itinerary is serviced by Baleària and Trasmediterránea and it is in operation year-long. From Ibiza you can catch the ferry to Formentera daily with more than 40 crossings. You can compare data and check real-time info on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Valencia to Formentera?
The total ferry crossing from Valencia to Formentera lasts 6h 30min on average. The Ibiza - Formentera crossing is only 25 minutes. The duration of the route varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and frequency of trips on the day of traveling.
How much is the ferry from Valencia to Formentera?
The total cost for the ferry route from Valencia to Formentera is around €90 with the conventional ferry. The price gets higher or lower according to vessel type, discounts, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Valencia to Formentera?
Normally, there are around 10 weekly ferry routes from Valencia to the island of Ibiza. The earliest crossing usually takes place at 17:00 and the latest scheduled trip is at 23:59. You can, then, catch a ferry from Ibiza to Formentera daily from 06:50 to 01:40 past midnight.
Find out more information about the Ibiza - Formentera route.
What’s the distance between Valencia and Formentera?
The distance between Valencia and Formentera is approximately 92 nautical miles (171 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Valencia to Formentera?
At the moment, it is only possible to travel from Valencia to Formentera and the Balearic Islands for non-holiday reasons. The autonomous community of Valencia is under perimetral confinement. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Valencia to Formentera?
On Ferryhopper you can easily book ferry tickets for the indirect route from Valencia to Formentera. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and fares, and plan your trip.
Bicycles parked at Platja d'Illetes beach in Formentera.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Valencia to Formentera
- Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port of Valencia at least 1h 30min before your scheduled trip. The port gets quite busy in the summer, as it’s popular with visitors.
- From Formentera, you can easily travel to Ibiza for a day trip and enjoy island hopping to the rest of the Balearic Islands. Have a look at the latest 2021 ferry schedules and plan your trip!
- As Formentera is a small island, many locals and visitors choose to explore the beaches and sights by bicycle. It is a great eco-friendly way to discover the island’s hidden spots.
- There is no option to fly directly to Formentera as the island does not have an airport. The closest airport is in Ibiza, which frequently connects by ferry to Formentera.
- If you want to bring a vehicle on board, it is best to book your tickets as early as possible, since garage space is limited.