Traveling from Barcelona to Formentera by ferry
There are approximately 5 weekly ferry crossings from Barcelona to Formentera, normally serviced by Baleària. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Barcelona to Formentera*
Is there a ferry from Barcelona to Formentera?
The Barcelona to Formentera ferry route is available 5 days per week. The route is operated by Baleària and it is available year-long. You can compare data and check real-time info on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Barcelona to Formentera?
The crossing from Barcelona to the port of Formentera lasts 12 hours on average. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the weather.
How much is the ferry from Barcelona to Formentera?
The price for a ferry ticket from Barcelona to Formentera starts at €64. The price gets higher or lower according to reductions, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Barcelona to Formentera?
In the summer, there are more than 5 weekly ferry routes from Barcelona to the island of Formentera. The earliest crossing usually takes place at 22:01 and the latest scheduled trip is at 23:58. Off-season, the itinerary frequency can be lower.
What’s the distance between Barcelona and Formentera?
The distance between Barcelona and Formentera is approximately 164 nautical miles (303 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Barcelona to Formentera?
At the moment, it is only possible to travel to Formentera from the port of Barcelona for non-holiday reasons. The autonomous community of Catalonia is under perimetral confinement. For up-to-date information on COVID-19 ferry travel, visit our FaQ page.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Barcelona to Formentera?
On Ferryhopper you can easily book ferry tickets to Formentera and the Balearic Islands. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and fares, and plan your trip.
The exotic white-sand beach Platja d'Illetes in Formentera.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Barcelona to Formentera
- Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port of Barcelona at least 1h 30min before departure. The port gets quite busy in the summer, as it’s popular with travelers.
- The island of Formentera belongs to the Balearic complex. From Formentera, you can easily travel to Ibiza for a day trip. Have a look at the latest 2021 ferry schedules on our blog and plan your island hopping in Spain.
- You can get around Formentera without a car. The small island has a good transport network and you can choose to explore it by bicycle, scooter, public bus, or taxi.
- Formentera does not have an airport. The closest airport is on the neighboring island of Ibiza, which connects by ferry to Formentera. The Ibiza - Formentera ferry route is 45min on average.
- Barcelona is a cosmopolitan city with many interesting sights. Before you head to Formentera, it is worth exploring the city’s beautiful architecture and the heritage of Antoni Gaudí.