Traveling from Mallorca to Formentera by ferry
There are 1-2 daily ferry crossings from Mallorca to Formentera, serviced by the ferry company Baleària. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Mallorca to Formentera*
Is there a ferry from Mallorca to Formentera?
The route from Mallorca to Formentera is normally available daily throughout the year. The route is operated by the ferry company Baleària. There is an indirect route stopping at Ibiza, as well as a seasonal direct crossing. You can compare data and check real-time info on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Mallorca to Formentera?
The duration of the crossing from Mallorca to Formentera ranges from 3h to 4h 30min. If you choose the direct ferry crossing, the trip is faster.
How much is the ferry from Mallorca to Formentera?
The price for an indirect ferry trip to Formentera is around €50. The ticket price depends on the type and duration of the route. The indirect route is cheaper than the direct Mallorca - Formentera crossing.
What’s the ferry schedule from Mallorca to Formentera?
The Mallorca - Formentera route is available daily with 1-2 crossings. The earliest ferry usually departs at 08:00 and arrives in Formentera around 12:00 and the latest ferry to Formentera leaves at 17:00 and reaches Formentera at 21:00 approximately.
There are 2 routes from the port of La Palma in Mallorca. The direct crossing is available 3 times a week during the summer, while the indirect route, which stops at Ibiza, is in operation with 1 daily crossing all year long.
What’s the distance between Mallorca and Formentera?
The distance between Mallorca and Formentera is around 75 nautical miles (139 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Mallorca to Formentera?
Yes, ferry travel within the Balearic Islands is currently allowed. You can travel by ferry from Mallorca to Formentera. For more information on COVID-19 traveling, visit our FaQ page.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Mallorca to Formentera?
On Ferryhopper you can easily book ferry tickets to Formentera and the Balearics. Find information about indirect and direct itineraries from Mallorca on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and departure times, and plan your trip.
The exotic white-sand beach of Ses Illetes in Formentera.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mallorca to Formentera
- The Balearic Islands are perfect for island hopping! There are frequent ferry crossings from Mallorca and Formentera to other islands, so that you explore the whole complex.
- The island of Formentera is small enough to explore some of the top sights on bicycle or scooter. Many locals and travelers get around in this eco-friendly way!
- Formentera is a safe destination for both relaxing and upbeat holidays. You can find many entertainment options and family-friendly vacation activities.
- There isn’t an airport in Formentera. The closest airports are located in Ibiza and Mallorca. You can continue your trip to Formentera by ferry from the two islands.
- If you want to find out more about the available ferry routes in Spain, have a look at the latest ferry schedules to plan your 2021 trip.