Traveling from Mallorca to Formentera by ferry
Traveling by ferry from Mallorca, the largest island of the Balearic islands to Formentera, the smallest one, is a great option to combine different styles of holidays in one trip! There is a direct ferry from Palma de Mallorca to the port of Formentera a few days per week but you can also choose the indirect option and travel via the port of Ibiza. On Ferryhopper you will find all the available ferry connections in the Balearic islands to plan your ferry trips and your island hopping in the best possible way!
How frequent is the ferry connection from Mallorca to Formentera?
- Take a ferry from Mallorca to the port of Ibiza, which has daily crossings
- Catch a ferry from Ibiza to Formentera, a very frequent ferry crossing of more than 30 daily crossings.
How long is the ferry trip from Mallorca to Formentera?
The duration of the direct ferry trip from Mallorca to Formentera is approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. If you choose the indirect option then the total time of your ferry trip will be around 3 - 3,5 hours. The Mallorca - Ibiza ferry trip can be from 2 to 2,5 hours while the Ibiza-Formentera crossing ranges from 25 to 45 minutes depending on the itinerary. It is often the case that the indirect ferry connection from Mallorca to Formentera via Ibiza is faster and more convenient!
Ferry ticket price Mallorca - Formentera
The total price of the Mallorca - Formentera ferry trip can be around 50 euros. More specifically, the ferry trip from Mallorca to Ibiza starts from 30 euros while the prices for Ibiza - Formentera ferry ride starts from around 20 euros.
The ferry ticket prices are subject to change every year and according to the seasons so please check in advance the Ferryhopper search engine to get all the updated information about your ferry trip.
Distance between Mallorca and Formentera
The total distance between Mallorca and Formentera is 142 km (76,6 nautical miles).
Tips for your ferry trip from Mallorca
- If you travel with a vehicle, it is recommended to be at the port of Mallorca 90 minutes before boarding. For travelers without a vehicle 60min in advance is enough.
- From the port of Palma de Mallorca, you can also get a ferry to its neighboring island of Menorca as well as to the southeast coast of the Spanish peninsula. Specifically, Mallorca connects by ferry to the ports of Barcelona, Valencia, and Denia. On our Map of Ferries, you will find all available ferry connections from the port of Mallorca to easily plan your ferry trip to the Spanish destinations.
- Formentera is a small island where you can travel around easily by car, motto or bike. If you want to transfer your vehicle to Formentera make sure that you book your ferry tickets well in advance as the island has a vehicle limit regulation. You can also rent a bicycle or a small motorbike during your stay in order to explore the beautiful landscape in a sustainable way!
- The most popular time to visit Formentera is from May to October when the weather allows you to travel around the island and enjoy the island’s beaches and nature.
- Formentera has few accommodation options which might get more expensive during high season. We suggest that if you are planning to visit Formentera for more than a day trip, you book your accommodation on the island well in advance. Apart from the accommodation costs, everything else on the island is quite economical so you can count on a relatively low-budget for your trip to Formentera.
- If you choose to travel from Mallorca to Formentera via Ibiza, you can find more information about ferry routes in the Balearic islands on the Ferryhopper pages. Island-hopping in the Balearic has never been easier!