Traveling from Mallorca to Formentera by ferry
The ferry route from Mallorca to Formentera is usually served daily and the duration of the trip is around 3.5 hr. Find the latest information about this crossing in our ferry guide.
Ferry schedules from Mallorca to Formentera*
Is there a ferry from Mallorca to Formentera?
There is usually 1 ferry crossing per day from Mallorca to Formentera, will all itineraries including a short layover in Ibiza. The company that normally operates on this route is Baleària.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time schedules for your trip from Mallorca to Formentera and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper.
How long is the ferry ride from Mallorca to Formentera?
Ferry duration from Mallorca to Formentera is usually about 3.5 hr, including a 1-hour stop in Ibiza.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Mallorca to Formentera?
Yes, the Mallorca - Formentera route is served by high-speed ferries. The fastest ferry to Formentera takes 3.5 hr to reach the island.
How much is the ferry from Mallorca to Formentera?
Ferry prices from Mallorca to Formentera start at around €100. Ticket cost can be lower or higher depending on discounts and vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Mallorca to Formentera?
There is usually 1 daily ferry crossing from Mallorca to Formentera. The ferry normally departs from Palma de Mallorca at around 08:00 and arrives at about 11:30.
What’s the distance between Mallorca and Formentera?
The distance between Mallorca and Formentera is approximately 75 nautical miles (about 139km).
Am I allowed to travel from Mallorca to Formentera?
Restrictions may currently apply to ferry travel from Mallorca to Formentera. Travel guidelines may change, so make sure that you check with the ferry company for the latest information.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Mallorca to Formentera?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Mallorca to Formentera on Ferryhopper at no extra cost. See all the available ferry connections on our Map of ferries and book ferry tickets to Formentera online with just 4 clicks.
The stunning turquoise waters and white sand of Ses Illetes beach in Formentera
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mallorca to Formentera
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Mallorca to Formentera:
- The port of Palma de Mallorca can get quite busy in the summer, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- There is a limit on the number of vehicles that are allowed in Formentera. In order to help protect the local environment, you can explore the island by bike or use public transport.
- Find more useful tips and information about the island in our Formentera travel guide.
- From Formentera, you can easily travel by ferry to Ibiza, as there are several daily departures and the journey takes only 30 min. Find all available ferry crossings on Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping in the Balearics hassle-free.
- If you have any questions about your ferry trip from Mallorca to Formentera, do not hesitate to contact our customer support team.
Where to take the ferry from Mallorca to Formentera
You can travel by ferry to Formentera from the port of Palma de Mallorca, the capital of the island. The city is located in the southwest of Mallorca, about 15km from the airport. It takes about 30 min to get from the center of Palma de Mallorca to the port's ferry terminal by bus. Alternatively, a taxi ride takes approximately 15 min.
Can I travel on the ferry from Mallorca to Formentera with a car?
Yes, ferries traveling from Mallorca to Formentera carry vehicles.
Baleària has no weight limit for luggage as long as you can carry it on board in one go without requiring help. Bear in mind that you do not need to check in your luggage. The ferries also have lockers that are accessible throughout the journey.
You cannot book a cabin on the ferry traveling from Mallorca to Formentera, but you can book a numbered seat.