Traveling from Tangier to Algeciras by ferry
There are 30 daily ferry crossings from Tanger-Med to Algeciras on average. Normally, the itinerary is serviced by FRS, Trasmediterránea, Baleària, Inter Shipping, and Africa Morocco Link. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Tangier to Algeciras*
Is there a ferry from Tangier to Algeciras?
Normally, the route from Tangier to Algeciras is available daily with more than 30 crossings. The route is in operation throughout the year, serviced by 5 ferry companies. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Tangier to Algeciras?
The duration of the Tanger-Med - Algeciras ferry crossing is 1 hour on average. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the trip can last up to 2h 30min.
How much is the ferry from Tangier to Algeciras?
Tickets to Algeciras from the port of Tanger-Med start at €20. The price gets higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, or vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tangier to Algeciras?
During peak season, there are around 210 weekly ferry routes from Tanger-Med to Algeciras. The route is in operation daily throughout the year and it is one of the most popular ferry crossings between Morocco and Spain. The earliest ferry departs at 00:30 and arrives in Algeciras at 01:30. The latest crossing is at 23:00, reaching the Spanish port city around 24:00.
What’s the distance between Tangier and Algeciras?
The distance between Tanger-Med and Algeciras is around 16 nautical miles (30 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Tangier to Algeciras?
At the moment, it is not possible to travel to Algeciras from the port of Tanger-Med. Ferry routes from Morocco to Spain are currently suspended. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Tangier to Algeciras?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to Algeciras. Find information about available itineraries from Tanger-Med on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and fares, and plan your trip.
The city and port of Algeciras.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tangier to Algeciras
- The port of Tanger-Med is located 50km east of the city of Tangier. You can reach the port of Tanger-Med from the city center by car, taxi, train, or bus.
- Algeciras is located close to the British exclave of Gibraltar. You can easily travel to Gibraltar from Algeciras, as it is just a 30-minute drive away.
- Make sure you arrive at the port of Tanger-Med at least 1h 15min before departure. During peak season, the port gets quite busy since it serves ferry routes to Spain, France and Italy.
- In Algeciras you can enjoy a plethora of outdoor activities and visit the Moroccan quarter to experience the interesting mix of cultures.
- Another way to reach the Spanish coast from Tangier is to travel by ferry to the port of Tarifa and Gibraltar. You can find more about the ferry connections Tangier - Tarifa and Tangier - Gibraltar on Ferryhopper!