Ferry from Málaga to Tangier
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Málaga to Tangier?
Normally, the route from Málaga to the port of Tanger-Med in Tangier is available year-long with 1 weekly crossing. The route is operated by Baleària. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Málaga to Tangier?
The ferry crossing duration from Málaga to Tanger-Med is around 6 hours. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel.
How much is the ferry from Málaga to Tangier?
The starting price for a standard ferry ticket from Málaga to Tanger-Med is €35. If you want to book a cabin or travel with a vehicle, the fare will be higher.
What’s the ferry schedule from Málaga to Tangier?
Normally, there is 1 weekly ferry route from Málaga to the port of Tanger-Med. The itinerary frequency and timetable may change depending on the season.
What’s the distance between Málaga and Tangier?
The distance between Málaga and the port of Tanger-Med is approximately 77 nautical miles (142 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Málaga to Tangier?
At the moment, it is not possible to travel from Málaga to Tangier. All ferry routes from Spain to Morocco are currently suspended. For more information on COVID-19 ferry traveling, visit our FaQ page.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Málaga to Tangier?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to the port of Tanger-Med. Find information about available ferry routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
Colorful alley in the medina of Tangier.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Málaga to Tangier
- The port of Tanger-Med is located 45km east of the city of Tangier. You can easily reach the city center by car, taxi, bus or train.
- The port of Málaga can get quite busy during summer months. Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port at least 1h 30min in advance, particularly if you’re traveling with a vehicle.
- For all 2021 ferry crossings from Spain to Morocco and North Africa, have a look at our blog post and start planning your trip!
- From the port of Málaga, you can also take a ferry to other ports in the north of Africa, such as the autonomous Spanish city of Melilla.
- Málaga Port is located right next to the old town of Málaga. Make sure that you take some time to walk around the streets of the old town if you have some time before your ferry trip. A stroll in the coastal park is also a great idea to spend some time before boarding the ferry to Tangier.