Ferries from Italy to Greece 2024
Check all the available Italy - Greece ferries below! ⤵️
Is there a ferry from Italy to Greece? Sure thing! Taking the ferry from Italy to Greece is one of the most popular ways to travel between the two Mediterranean countries.
It is a favorite among passengers traveling from central and northern Europe to Italy by car and then crossing to Greece by ferry. If you’re ready for the ferry trip of a lifetime, you can find the latest updates on the Italy - Greece ferry schedules for 2024 on Ferryhopper!
- Ferry Italy - Greece: prices, offers and discounts
- 2024 Italy - Greece ferry routes
- Italy - Greece ferry travel with caravan, campervan and car
- Italy - Greece ferry trip duration
- Italy - Greece ferry companies
Important note: keep in mind that the Italy - Greece ferry schedules for 2024 will be live on our search engine as soon as the ferry companies release them. In the meantime, check the latest routes available between Italy and Greece, and the ferry operators, and plan your ferry trip with ease!
Sunny day at the port of Bari in Italy
What is the ferry price from Italy to Greece?
The lowest ferry price for crossings from Italy to Greece starts at around €55 for an economy seat. Standard tickets for ferries traveling to Western Greece from Italy normally range from €55 to €126.
The cost of ferry tickets from Italy to Greece varies depending on available discounts and offers. Also, the total price of Italy - Greece ferry tickets differs depending on the ferry operator, route, vehicle transportation, and cabin selection.
Discover all ferries between Italy and Greece below and book the cheapest ferry tickets!
Italy - Greece ferries: offers and discounts
There are various discounts and offers to travel from Italy to Greece by ferry, from early booking discounts to a family discount option.
Take advantage of the seasonal Italy - Greece early-booking discounts that usually run from December until April. A 20-40% discount is normally applied to the overall ticket price. Note that tickets issued with this discount can be neither canceled nor refunded after a specific timeframe.
Check out the latest Ventouris Ferries 35% early-booking offer for Italy - Greece ferries in 2024. Book in advance for tickets at the lowest prices!
Here are other top 2024 Italy - Greece ferry discounts:
- International Student Discount: International Student Card (ISIC) holders are eligible for discount tickets at the same rate as Greek university students (20% discount on economy seats). You can apply the discount from the drop-down menu when booking.
- Return Tickets Discount: when issuing a return ticket, a discount is provided by the ferry operator (usually 20% or 30% on the return ticket). This is automatically applied through Ferryhopper's ferry booking platform.
- Children Discount: children travel either free of charge or with a 50% discount. These discounts are automatically applied during the booking process. Note that this discount can’t be combined with other discounts, such as the Family Discount.
- Family Discount: this discount applies to all operators that serve ferry routes from Italy to Greece, and is automatically applied when 3 or more ferry tickets are issued in the same booking. The discount rate varies depending on the ferry operator.
- Discount for Automobile Clubs (e.g. ADAC): there is usually a 20-25% discount on vehicles of specific automobile or camping clubs and associations. You are eligible for this discount if you are a member of clubs like ADAC, ANWB, TCS, ÖAMTC, etc. Note that the discount applies exclusively to the vehicle fare and it cannot be combined with the Family Discount or other offers. You can still use it in combination with the Early Booking Discount!
Note: the same discounts also apply for ferries to Italy from Greece.
Ferry with car deck at the port of Patras, Greece
Italy - Greece ferry routes in 2024
Ferries from Italy to Greece operate all year round. There are regular crossings from the ports of eastern Italy to the west coast of Greece throughout the year, operated by 4 companies.
Ferries from Italy to Greece depart from Venice, Ancona, Bari, and Brindisi, and travel to the Greek ports of Patras, Igoumenitsa, Corfu, and Kefalonia. From there, you can easily continue your trip to the Greek mainland or catch a ferry to more islands of the Ionian Sea.
Ready to travel from Italy to Greece by ferry? Keep reading to see how to get from Italy to Greece!
Note: keep in mind that ferry routes between Italy and Greece are quite popular and ferry tickets for these routes are usually sold out by spring. We recommend booking your tickets well in advance. Let's go!
Ferries from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
You can get a ferry from Italy to Greece from the city of Ancona. The significant Adriatic Sea port is connected to the port Igoumenitsa, in Western Greece.
In 2024, the companies operating on the Ancona - Igoumenitsa ferry route will be Minoan Lines (in cooperation with Grimaldi Lines) and Anek Superfast. There are usually 1-3 daily crossings to Igoumenitsa. Ferries depart from Ancona early in the afternoon and late in the evening.
The ferry ride from Ancona to Igoumenitsa takes 16-21 hours, covering a distance of 390 nautical miles. As for ticket prices, the cost for a standard economy ticket starts at €91.
Tip: the ferry ride is long, so we suggest booking a bed cabin to travel and sleep safely and comfortably.
Useful info: in the past, there also used to be a ferry connection between Ravenna in Italy and Igoumenitsa. For the time being, you can use the Ancona - Igoumenitsa ferry route as an alternative to Ravenna - Igoumenitsa, as Ancona is the closest port to Ravenna with available routes to Western Greece.
Sunrise over the port of Igoumenitsa, Greece
Ferries from Ancona to Patras
Another way to travel from Italy to Greece by ferry is from Ancona to the port of Patras. Patras is one of the biggest cities in Greece and it’s well-connected with multiple Italian and Greek destinations.
In 2024, the ferry companies that will be serving this connection are Anek Superfast and Hellenic Seaways (from mid-July to mid-September). There are normally up to 2 ferry departures a day, usually in the afternoon.
The ferry trip from Ancona to Patras usually lasts from 21.5 to 25 hours and covers a distance of 491 nautical miles. The price of ferry tickets usually starts at €105 per passenger. Prices vary depending on seat type, discounts and vehicle transportation.
Tip: since the journey is long, we recommend booking a bed cabin.
Good to know: Minoan Lines will not be operating on the Ancona - Patras route in 2024.
Ferries from Venice to Greece
Venice is one of the major Italian ports connecting the northeastern part of Italy with Greece. The port of Venice is connected to both Igoumenitsa and Patras with up to 3 weekly ferry crossings from each port.
In 2024, Anek Superfast will be serving both crossings, while Hellenic Seaways will be offering 1 weekly round trip for the Venice - Patra route, from 18/07 to 10/09. Specifically:
- The ferry crossing from Venice to Igoumenitsa takes approximately 25-26 hours, covering a distance of 500 nautical miles.
- Regarding the ferries from Venice to Patras, the average trip time is 32 hours (including a stop at Igoumenitsa) and the distance is 692 nautical miles.
A standard Italy - Greece ferry ticket (via the port of Venice) starts at around €126-€137. Prices vary depending on available discounts, port of arrival, seat, cabin selection, and vehicle type.
Anek Superfast ferry at the port of Igoumenitsa, Western Greece
Ferries from Bari to Igoumenitsa
Bari (southern Italy) is connected to the port of Igoumenitsa in Greece. In 2024, the route will be served by ferry companies Anek Superfast and Ventouris Ferries. There are around 1-3 daily ferry crossings from Bari to Igoumenitsa. Ferries depart either late in the evening or at midnight.
The distance between the two ports is 240 nautical miles. The duration of the ferry journey ranges from 8.5 to 11.5 hours, depending on the operator. Standard ferry tickets for this crossing cost around €55.
Keep in mind that vessels serving the Bari - Igoumenitsa ferry connection have amenities, such as bed cabins and car decks.
Tip: taking the overnight ferry from Italy to Greece is ideal if you want to arrive early in the morning and make the most of your day!
Ferries from Bari to Patras
Anek Superfast will be operating on the ferry trip Bari - Patras once daily in 2024. The ferry duration is normally 16.5 hours and the distance is 295 nautical miles.
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts at around €73 and all vessels have bed cabins and car decks for vehicle transportation.
Ferry docked at the port of Patras, Greece
Ferries from Brindisi to Greece
The fastest way to travel by ferry from Italy to Greece (mainland) is from the port of Brindisi. Brindisi is the closest Italian port to Greece. The ferry company that will be serving these crossings is Grimaldi Lines.
- There is at least 1 daily ferry route from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa. The ferry journey lasts around 8-8.5 hours. As for ticket prices, the standard economy seat starts at around €60. The distance between the 2 ports is 169 nautical miles.
- Grimaldi Lines also offers ferry crossings from Brindisi to Patras. There are normally 3 weekly crossings between the 2 ports with a duration of 16.5 hours. Tickets start at around €60.
Tip: in fact, traveling to Western Greece from Brindisi is probably the best way to get from Italy to mainland Greece and one of the cheapest ones.
Ferries from Italy to the Greek Islands (Ionian Sea)
Looking for a connection with the closest Greek island from Italy? The Ionian island of Corfu is just 8 hours from the port of Brindisi!
In 2024, you will be able to travel by ferry to the Greek islands of Corfu and Kefalonia from Italy. There are usually 10 direct weekly crossings from Italian ports to Corfu during the summer months (normally from June to September). As for Italy - Kefalonia ferry routes, there are some seasonal routes to the port of Sami in Kefalonia during the peak summer season.
- Ferries from Ancona to Corfu are usually available 4 times a week in the summer months (from mid-June to mid-August) by Minoan Lines and Anek Superfast. The ferry trip duration ranges from 15 to 19.5 hours. Tickets normally start at €91.
- On the Bari - Corfu ferry route, ferry companies Anek Superfast and Ventouris Ferries offer up to 7 crossings a week in the summer. The journey duration is 8-10 hours, depending on the operator. Tickets usually start at €55.
- If you prefer to depart from the port of Brindisi, ferries to Corfu are available 3 times a week by Grimaldi Lines. The duration of the Brindisi - Corfu ferry sailing is just 8 hours. Tickets normally start at €65.
- Thanks to the Anek Superfast crossings, you can also reach Corfu from the port of Venice. There is usually 1 ferry from Venice to Corfu per week (on Sundays), with crossings lasting approximately 25 hours. Tickets normally start at €126.
- On the Bari to Kefalonia ferry route, ferries are available seasonally. The route is usually served only in late July and August (on Mondays) by the company Ventouris Ferries. With an average duration of 18 hours, Bari - Kefalonia ferry tickets cost around €75.
Useful info: the once available Bari - Zante, Brindisi - Zante and Brindisi - Paxi ferry routes are currently inactive. For any 2024 updates on the routes' status, remember to check this post again in the future.
Can I travel by ferry from Italy to Greece with a car or caravan?
Traveling by ferry between Italy and Greece is the perfect way to bring your car on the ferry. All vessels have car decks to transport your car or caravan between Italy and Greece, and explore every hidden gem! On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets online for the ferry Italy - Greece, including car deck spaces for cars, campers and caravans.
Ferry companies often promote offers and discounts for car transportation. This means that car deck availability can be low, especially during the high season. We recommend booking ferry and car deck tickets well in advance to avoid last-minute inconvenience.
Τhere are also offers and discounts for passengers traveling from Italy to Greece with a caravan or campervan. These are the offers to transport your caravan or motorhome on the boat from Italy to Greece:
- Camping on Board
- All-Inclusive Camping
Both offers apply exclusively on the Adriatic routes (Italy-to-Greece or Greece-to-Italy ferry). Your deck-and-camper or caravan ticket includes the following at no extra charge:
- Car deck space for your motorhome, campervan or caravan
- Access to showers, WCs, 220-volt power outlets and all public areas onboard, such as bars, restaurants, etc.
- Accommodation in your caravan or in a cabin, depending on the ferry company’s policy
- Discounts on meals and drinks served at the “à la carte” and self-service restaurants during the sailing
To take advantage of this special offer, do not hesitate to contact us. We will help you find the ferry route that suits you best, combine different offers and find the lowest prices for you and your traveling companions!
Good to know: if you’re traveling by ferry from Italy to Greece with a pet, you can either book a kennel or stay with your dog or cat in the campervan. Make sure to book a pet ticket and bring your pet’s passport, vaccination certificates and official documents. The same guidelines apply for Greece - Italy ferries.
Exploring the Greek coast with a campervan
How long is the ferry from Italy to Greece?
The ferry crossing duration from Italy to Greece ranges from 8 to 33 hours depending on the port of departure, the final destination and any intermediate stops.
The fastest ferry from Italy to Greece is from Brindisi to Corfu with a duration of 8 hours.
As for ferries from Italy to mainland Greece, the fastest ferry route is from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa and takes 8-9 hours.
Which ferry companies offer Italy - Greece routes?
The ferry companies that will be operating ferry routes between Italy and Greece in 2024 are:
All vessels traveling between Italy and Greece have car decks for vehicles, as well as cabins.
Entrance to the port of Brindisi with its small lighthouse
Book ferry tickets from Italy to Greece
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available connections to travel from Italy to Greece by ferry! Check our Map of ferries to plan your trip, compare costs and schedules, and book the cheapest ferry tickets from Italy to Greece with no hidden fees.