Ferries from Italy to Greece 2023
Check the latest timetables
Is there a ferry from Italy to Greece? Sure thing!
Taking the ferry from Italy to Greece is one of the most popular ways to travel between the two Mediterranean countries. It is a favorite among passengers traveling from central and northern Europe to Italy by car and then crossing to Greece by ferry.
If you’re ready for the ferry trip of a lifetime, you can find the latest updates on the Italy - Greece ferry schedules for 2023 on Ferryhopper!
- Ferry Italy - Greece: cost of tickets, offers and discounts
- Italy - Greece ferry routes 2023
- Traveling from Italy to Greece with a caravan
- Ferry duration from Italy to Greece
- Italy - Greece ferry companies
Check all available ferry ticket discounts and offers, the latest ferry timetables between Italy and Greece and the ferry operators, and plan your crossing in just a few clicks!
Sunny day at the port of Bari in Italy
What is the ferry price from Italy to Greece?
The lowest ferry price for crossings from Italy to Greece starts at around €55 for an economy seat. Most ferries traveling to Western Greece from Italy are around €60 to €123.
The cost of ferry tickets from Italy to Greece ranges widely depending on discounts and offers. Also, the total price of Italy - Greece ferry tickets differs depending on ferry operator, itinerary, vehicle transportation, and cabin selection.
Discover all Italy - Greece ferry deals below and book the cheapest ferry tickets!
Italy - Greece ferries: offers and discounts
There are various discounts and offers to travel from Italy to Greece by ferry, from early booking discounts to a family discount option.
Take advantage of the seasonal early booking discount that normally runs from December until February/April. A 20-25% discount is usually applied to the overall ticket price. Note that tickets issued with this discount can be neither canceled nor refunded. You can find more information on our ferry discounts page.
Here are other top 2023 Italy - Greece ferry discounts:
- International Student Discount: International Student Card (ISIC) holders are eligible for discount tickets at the same rate as Greek university students (20% discount on economy seats). You can apply the discount from the drop-down menu when booking.
- Return Tickets Discount: when issuing a return ticket, a discount is provided by the ferry operator (usually 20% or 30% on the return ticket). This is automatically applied through Ferryhopper's ferry booking platform.
- Children Discount: children travel either free of charge or with a 50% discount. These discounts are automatically applied during the booking process. Note that this discount can’t be combined with other discounts, such as the Family Discount.
- Family Discount: this discount applies to all ferry operators that serve the Italy - Greece route and it is automatically applied when 3 or more ferry tickets are issued in the same booking. The discount rate varies depending on the ferry operator.
- Discount for Automobile Clubs (e.g. ADAC): this is a 20-25% discount on vehicles of specific automobile or camping clubs and associations. You are eligible for this discount if you are a member of clubs like ADAC, ANWB, TCS, ÖAMTC, etc. Note that the discount applies exclusively on the vehicle fare and it cannot be combined with the Family Discount or other offers. You can still use it in combination with the Early Booking Discount!
If you have any questions about offers and discounts between Italy and Greece, don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team!
Early booking discount by Minoan Lines
Minoan Lines normally offers a special 20% discount at the beginning of every year for all bookings made before the 28th of February. The discount is usually valid for all Italy - Greece and Greece - Italy routes, and it applies to trips taking place until the end of the year.
This offer can also be combined with other standard discounts and there is no cancellation penalty until 20 days before departure! However, after this timeframe, early-booking tickets are not refundable.
The number of early-booking tickets is limited and they usually sell out fast! Make sure you book as early as possible to get the cheapest ferry tickets! Learn all about early booking deals for Italy - Greece ferries.
Ferry with car deck at the port of Patras, Greece
Italy - Greece ferry routes in 2023
Ferries from Italy to Greece operate all year round. There are regular crossings from the ports of eastern Italy to the west coast of Greece throughout the year, operated by 4 companies.
Ferries from Italy to Greece depart from Venice, Ancona, Bari, and Brindisi, and travel to the Greek ports of Patras, Igoumenitsa, Corfu, and Kefalonia. From there, you can easily continue your trip to the Greek mainland or catch a ferry to more islands of the Ionian Sea.
Ready to travel from Italy to Greece by ferry? Keep reading to see how to get from Italy to Greece!
Note: keep in mind that ferry routes between Italy and Greece are quite popular and ferry tickets for these routes are usually sold out by spring. We recommend booking your tickets well in advance. Let's go!
Ferries from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
You can easily travel from Italy to Greece by ferry, via the port of Ancona. Ancona is connected to the port Igoumenitsa, in Western Greece.
In 2023, the companies operating on the Ancona - Igoumenitsa ferry route will be Minoan Lines and Anek Superfast. There are usually 1-2 daily crossings to Igoumenitsa. Ferries depart from Ancona early in the afternoon and late in the evening.
The ferry ride from Ancona to Igoumenitsa takes 17-22 hours, covering a distance of 390 nautical miles. As for ticket prices, the cost for a standard economy ticket starts at €87.
Tip: the ferry ride is long, so we suggest booking a bed cabin to travel and sleep safely and comfortably.
Sunrise over the port of Igoumenitsa, Greece
Ferries from Ancona to Patras
Another way to travel by ferry from Italy to Greece is from Ancona to the port of Patras. Patras is one of the biggest cities in Greece and it’s well connected with multiple Italian and Greek destinations.
In 2023, the ferry companies that will be serving this connection are Minoan Lines (in cooperation with Grimaldi Lines) and Anek Superfast. There are normally up to 2 ferry departures a day, early in the afternoon.
The ferry trip from Ancona to Patras lasts from 19.5 to 25 hours and covers a distance of 491 nautical miles. The price of ferry tickets usually starts at €87 per passenger. Prices vary depending on seat type, discounts and vehicle transportation.
Tip: since the journey is long, we recommend booking a bed cabin.
Ferries from Venice to Greece
Venice is one of the major Italian ports connecting the northeastern part of Italy with Greece. The port of Venice is connected to both Igoumenitsa and Patras with around 4 weekly ferry crossings in total. In 2023, Anek Superfast will be serving the crossings, taking place around noon.
- The sailing from Venice to Igoumenitsa takes approximately 27 hours, covering a distance of 500 nautical miles.
- Regarding the ferries from Venice to Patras, the average trip time is 33 hours (including a stop at Igoumenitsa) and the distance is 692 nautical miles.
A standard Italy - Greece ferry ticket (via the port of Venice) costs around €123. Prices vary depending on available discounts, port of arrival, seat, cabin selection, and vehicle type.
Anek Superfast ferry at the port of Igoumenitsa, Western Greece
Ferries from Bari to Igoumenitsa
Bari is located in southern Italy and it is connected to the port of Igoumenitsa in Greece. In 2023, the route will be served by ferry companies Anek Superfast and Ventouris Ferries. You will find around 1-3 daily ferry crossings from Bari to Igoumenitsa. Ferries depart either late in the evening or at midnight.
The distance between the two ports is 240 nautical miles. The duration of the ferry journey ranges from 9.5 to 12 hours, depending on the operator. Standard ferry tickets for this crossing cost around €70.
Keep in mind that vessels serving the Bari - Igoumenitsa ferry connection have amenities, such as bed cabins and car decks.
Tip: taking the overnight ferry from Italy to Greece is ideal if you want to arrive early in the morning and make the most of your day!
Ferries from Bari to Patras
Anek Superfast will be operating on the ferry trip Bari - Patras once daily in 2023. The ferry duration is normally 17.5 hours and the distance is 295 nautical miles.
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts at around €68 and all vessels have bed cabins and car decks for vehicle transportation.
Ferry docked at the port of Patras, Greece
Ferries from Brindisi to Greece
The fastest way to travel by ferry from Italy to the Greek mainland is from the port of Brindisi. Brindisi is the closest Italian port to Greece. The ferry company that will be serving these crossings is Grimaldi Lines.
- There is at least 1 daily ferry route from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa. The ferry journey lasts around 9-10 hours. As for ticket prices, the standard economy seat starts from around €65. The distance between the 2 ports is 169 nautical miles.
- In the past, Grimaldi Lines also offered sailings from Brindisi to Patras. There were 1-2 weekly crossings between the 2 ports with a duration of 17 hours.
Ferries from Italy to the Ionian Islands
In 2023, you will be able to travel by ferry to the Greek islands of Corfu and Kefalonia from Italy. There are usually 10 direct weekly crossings from Italian ports to Corfu during the summer months. As for Italy - Kefalonia ferry routes, there are some indirect routes to the port of Sami in Kefalonia during peak summer season.
- Ferries from Ancona to Corfu are available usually 4 times a week by Minoan Lines and Anek Superfast. The ferry trip duration ranges from 15 to 19.5 hours.
- On the Bari - Corfu route, ferry companies Anek Superfast and Ventouris Ferries usually offer 4 crossings a week in the summer. The journey duration is 8-10 hours, depending on the operator.
- If you prefer to depart from the port of Brindisi, ferries to Corfu are available twice a week by Grimaldi Lines. The duration of the Brindisi - Corfu ferry sailing is just 8 hours.
- On the crossing to Kefalonia from Bari, available ferries are limited. This indirect route is usually served only during late July and August. Ferries depart from the port of Bari in Italy and stop at Corfu and Igoumenitsa before reaching the port of Sami in Kefalonia.
2022 Italy - Greece ferry routes, schedules and ticket discounts
Planning on traveling from Italy to Greece by ferry in 2022? Apart from the routes to the Ionian Islands, all crossings from Ancona, Bari, Venice, and Brindisi are available if you wish to travel later this year! Check our ferry routes pages to find ferry schedules and ticket prices.
Moreover, all discounts mentioned above also apply for ferry ticket bookings in 2022. So, don’t hesitate and plan your next Italy - Greece ferry trip for 2022 or 2023 with lower-cost tickets on Ferryhopper!
Can I travel by ferry from Italy to Greece with a car or caravan?
Traveling by ferry between Italy and Greece is the perfect way to bring your car on the ferry. All vessels have car decks to transport your car or caravan between Italy and Greece, and explore every hidden gem! On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets online for the ferry Italy - Greece, including car deck spaces for cars, campers and caravans.
Ferry companies often promote offers and discounts for car transportation. This means that car deck availability can be low, especially during high season. We recommend booking ferry and car deck tickets well in advance to avoid last-minute inconvenience.
Τhere are also offers and discounts for passengers traveling from Italy to Greece with a caravan or campervan. These are the offers to transport your caravan or motorhome on the ferry:
- Camping on Board
- All-Inclusive Camping
Both offers apply exclusively on the Adriatic routes (Italy - Greece). Your deck-and-camper or caravan ticket includes the following at no extra charge:
- Car deck space for your motorhome, campervan or caravan
- Access to showers, WCs, 220-volt power outlets and all public areas onboard, such as bars, restaurants, etc.
- Accommodation in your caravan or in cabin, depending on the ferry company’s policy
- Discounts on meals and drinks served at the “à la carte” and self-service restaurants during the sailing
To take advantage of this special offer, do not hesitate to contact us. We will help you find the ferry route that suits you best, combine different offers and find the lowest prices for you and your traveling companions!
Good to know: if you’re traveling by ferry from Italy to Greece with a pet, you can either book a kennel or stay with your dog or cat in the campervan. Make sure to book a pet ticket and bring your pet’s passport, vaccination certificates and official documents. The same guidelines apply for Greece-to-Italy ferries.
Tip: here’s more information about transferring your car or camper from Italy to Greece by ferry.
Exploring the Greek coast with a campervan
How long is the ferry from Italy to Greece?
The ferry crossing duration from Italy to Greece ranges from 8 to 33 hours depending on the port of departure, the final destination and any intermediate stops.
The fastest ferry from Italy to Greece is from Brindisi to Corfu with a duration of 8 hours.
As for ferries from Italy to the Greek mainland, the fastest ferry route is from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa and takes 9 hours.
Which ferry companies offer Italy - Greece routes?
The ferry companies that will be operating ferry routes between Italy and Greece in 2023 are:
All vessels traveling between Italy and Greece have car decks for vehicles, as well as cabins.
Good to know: ferry company European Seaways has not announced any Italy to Greece ferry routes for 2023.
Entrance to the port of Brindisi and small lighthouse
Where to book ferry tickets from Italy to Greece
On our real-time ferry booking engine, you can find all available connections to travel from Italy to Greece by ferry! Check our Map of ferries to plan your trip, compare costs and schedules, and book the cheapest ferry tickets from Italy to Greece with no hidden fees.
Tip: make sure you know all about Covid-19 ferry measures for Italy - Greece ferries before your sail!