Traveling from Venice to Patras by ferry
There are frequent ferry itineraries during the summer season connecting Greece (Patras) to Italy (Venice). The distance between the two ports is approximately 1113 km and the journey has an average duration of 30 hours. Ticket prices for passengers cost below 100€. You may find more info about the ferry from Venice to Patras in the tables listed below.
Ferry schedules from Venice to Patras*
How long is the ferry ride from Venice to Patras?
The average duration of the trip from Venice to Patras is 30 hours. As the ferry is the most popular way of bringing a car or a caravan to Greece, vehicle tickets sell out fast. Moreover, as this journey is quite long, it is advisable to book a cabin ticket. In order to keep on the safe side, we would suggest that you book your tickets as early as possible, as they usually sell out until April. If this trip seems too long, you can also find alternative itineraries, that connect Greece to Italy at our articles Ancona-Patras, Ancona-Igoumenitsa, and Venice-Igoumenitsa.
Venice to Patras: Cost of ferry
Ferry tickets from Venice to Patras cost less than € 100 euros, depending on the ferry operator. The ferry companies that operate this ferry route are Minoan Lines and ANEK Lines - Superfast Ferries. CConcerning the vehicles the tickets are much more expensive and the availability of spots is limited, so it is advisable to book early your ferry tickets. For more accurate info and the exact prices after the available discounts, we advise you to have a look at our ferry booking engine.
Ferry routes from Venice to Patras: Discounts
Several different discounts apply on the ferry tickets for the routes from Venice to Patras:
- Early Booking Discount: This is a seasonal discount opening in December and closing in February/March. Usually, a 20% discount is applied to the overall ticket price. Please note that tickets issued with this discount cannot be either canceled or refunded.
- International Student Discount: The holders of the International Student Card (ISIC) are eligible for discounted tickets at the same rate as Greek university students (20% discount on economy seats etc.). If you would like to use this discount, please select it from the related drop-down menu.
- Return Tickets Discount: When issuing a return ticket, a discount is provided by the ferry operator (usually 20% or 30% on the return ticket) and it is automatically applied from Ferryhopper's ferry booking system.
- Children Discount: Children tickets have special prices and can travel either free of charge or with a 50% discount. These discounts are automatically calculated during the pricing process. Take care, as this discount cannot be combined with other discounts e.g. Family Discount.
- Family Discount: This discount applies to all ferry operators that serve the Italy - Greece route and it is automatically calculated when 3 or more ferry tickets are issued in the same booking. The pricing is performed according to the rules of each operator.
Venice to Patras: Distance
The distance between Venice and Patras is about 1113 km or 692 nautical miles.
Tips for your trip from Venice to Patras
- In such long journeys, it is advisable to travel with a cabin. In order to do so, you should book your tickets the earliest possible, as (3-4 months before the trip).
- You can reach Athens from Patras either by the suburban railway or the bus. The cost is approximately € 20 and the duration of the journey is about 4 hours. You can take the train either from Athens International Airport or from the City center (Doukissis Plakentias Station). You may also take the regional bus (KTEL), which is a bit more expensive but it is quicker.