Traveling from Venice to Patras by ferry
There are 4 weekly ferry crossings from Venice to Patras with tickets cost starting from 79€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Venice to Patras*
Is there a ferry from Venice to Patras?
Usually, there are 4 ferry crossings every week by 2 ferry companies in the Venice to Patras route. This can change depending on the season or the weather but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Minoan Lines and Anek-Superfast Lines.
How long is the ferry ride from Venice to Patras?
The ferry ride can be from 30 hours to 36 hours depending on the vessel type and the itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Venice to Patras?
The cost of a single passenger ticket ranges from 79€ to 95€. The final price depends on the itinerary as well as reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle type, or cabin selection. For the Italy-Greece routes, there are often early booking discounts and seasonal offers so make sure you regularly check our blog for updates.
What's the ferry schedule from Venice to Patras?
The Venice-Patras route is active all year round, with 4 weekly sailings. The earliest ferry departs from Venice either around 04.00 or around 12.00, while the latest departure is usually between 16.00 and 18.00.
What's the distance between Venice and Patras?
The distance between Venice and Patras is about 692 nautical miles (around 1113 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Venice to Patras?
Yes, travel between Italy and Greece is currently allowed. For the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Venice to Patras?
On Ferryhopper you can compare real-time data from all ferry companies in the crossing Venice- Patras and book ferry tickets online with no hidden costs.
The famous archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, 1,5 hours drive from the port of Patras.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Venice to Patras
- We recommend arriving at the port of Venice at least 90 minutes in advance of your ferry departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- To travel from Italy to Greece you will probably need either your passport or your national ID card (if your country belongs in the Schengen Area).
- If you wish to travel in a bed cabin we suggest booking it at least 4 months in advance, especially for Easter and summer periods.
- Prices for vehicle tickets for the Venice-Patras route can be around 125€ for a car and from 55€ for a motorcycle.
- Ferry companies that operate on this line often have special offers for caravans/campers. You can check our relevant FAQ pages on discounts for more information.
- For useful information on the port of Patras, and what to do in the area, please visit our relevant destination page.
- From the port of Patras, there are regular ferries to Kefalonia and Ithaki. On our Ferry map, you can check all available crossings in the Ionian sea.