Traveling from Venice to Igoumenitsa by ferry
There are frequent ferry itineraries during the summer season connecting Greece (Igoumenitsa) to Italy (Venice). The distance between the two ports is approximately 1113 km and the journey has an average duration of 30 hours. An average ticket price for passengers is below € 100.
Ferry schedules from Venice to Igoumenitsa*
How long is the ferry ride from Venice to Igoumenitsa?
The average duration of the trip from Venice to Igoumenitsa is 30 hours. As the ferry is the most popular way of bringing a car or a caravan to Greece, vehicle tickets sell out fast. Moreover, as these journeys are quite long, it is advisable to book a cabin ticket. To keep on the safe side, we would suggest that you book your vehicle and cabin tickets as early as possible, as they usually sell out until April. If this trip seems too long, you can also find alternative itineraries, that connect Greece to Italy. A look at our articles on the routes Ancona-Patras and Ancona-Igoumenitsa may be very useful for planning your trip!
Venice to Igoumenitsa: Cost of the Ferry
Ferry tickets from Venice to Igoumenitsa cost below € 100 euros. Prices may vary between ferry operators, but in average do not fluctuate a lot. Concerning the transfer of vehicles, car and motorbike tickets cost more than the normal passenger ticket and their prices change from a ferry operator to another and the season of the trip.
Ferry routes from Venice to Igoumenitsa: Discounts
Several different discounts apply on the ferry tickets for the routes from Ancona to Igoumenitsa:
- Early Booking Discount: This is a seasonal discount that is opening in December and closing in February/March. Usually, a 20% discount is applied to the overall ticket price. Please note that tickets issued with this discount cannot be either canceled or refunded.
- International Student Discount: The holders of the International Student Card (ISIC) are eligible for discounted tickets at the same rate as Greek university students (20% discount on economy seats etc.). If you would like to use this discount, please select the related discount from the drop-down menu.
- Return Tickets Discount: When issuing a return ticket, a discount is provided by the ferry operator (usually 20% or 30% on the return ticket) and it is automatically applied from Ferryhopper's ferry booking system.
- Children Discount: Children tickets have special prices and can travel either free of charge or with a 50% discount. These discounts are automatically calculated during the pricing process. Take care, as this discount cannot be combined with other discounts e.g. Family Discount.
- Family Discount: This discount applies to all ferry operators that serve the Italy - Greece route and it is automatically calculated when 3 or more ferry tickets are issued in the same booking. The pricing is performed according to the rules of each operator.
Venice to Igoumenitsa: Distance
The distance between Venice and Igoumenitsa is about 1113 km or 692 nautical miles.
Tips to keep in mind when traveling from Venice to Igoumenitsa
- From Igoumenitsa port you can easily visit Corfu, Ithaka, Kefalonia, Zakynthos and almost all the islands of Eptanisa. The duration for most of these trips is really short and the prices are not very high, during the whole summer season.
- The most convenient means of public transport to get from the port of Igoumenitsa to Athens is the regional bus (KTEL). The cheapest ticket is approximately 40€ by bus and the duration of the trip last around 6:30 hours.