Traveling from Venice to Igoumenitsa by ferry
There are at least 4 weekly ferry crossings from Venice to Igoumenitsa with tickets starting from 80€. Check our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Venice to Igoumenitsa*
Is there a ferry from Venice to Igoumenitsa?
Usually, there are 4 ferry crossings every week by 2 ferry companies for the route Venice to Igoumenitsa. This can change depending on the season or the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Minoan Lines and Anek Lines.
How long is the ferry ride from Venice to Igoumenitsa?
The duration of the ferry ride can be from 26 hours to 30 hours. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel.
How much is the ferry from Venice to Igoumenitsa?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts at about 80€. The final price depends on the itinerary as well as reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle type, or cabin selection. In the Italy-Greece line, there are often early booking or seasonal offers so make sure you regularly check our blog for more information.
What’s the ferry schedule from Venice to Igoumenitsa?
Throughout the whole year, there are at least 2 ferry crossings twice a week in the Venice-Igoumenitsa route. The earliest ferry departure from Venice is around midday and the latest around 18.00 in the afternoon.
What’s the distance between Venice and Igoumenitsa?
The distance between the port of Venice in the north of Italy and the port of Igoumenitsa in western Greece is 500 nautical miles (around 920km).
Am I allowed to travel from Venice to Igoumenitsa?
Yes, traveling by ferry between Italy and Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece visit our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Venice to Igoumenitsa?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all available ferry itineraries from Venice to Igoumenitsa and book ferry tickets online, easy and fast.
Ferry boats that serve the crossing to Corfu and Paxoi at the port of Igoumenitsa.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Venice to Igoumenitsa
- We recommend arriving at the port of Venice at least 90 minutes in advance of your ferry departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- When traveling from Italy to Greece you will most probably need either your passport or your national ID card (if your country belongs in the Schengen Area).
- If you want to travel in a bed cabin we suggest booking it at least 4 months in advance, especially for Easter and summer periods.
- Prices for vehicle tickets for the Venice-Igoumenitsa route can be around 120€. to 130€. for a car and from 55€ to 65€. for a motorcycle.
- Ferry companies that operate on this line often have special offers for caravans/campers. You can check our relevant FAQ pages on discounts for more information.
- For useful information on the port of Igoumenitsa, and what to do in the area, please visit our relevant destination page.
- From the port of Igoumenitsa, there are regular ferries to Corfu, Paxoi, or Kefalonia. On our Ferry map, you can check all available crossings in the Ionian sea.