Ferry from Ancona to Patras
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ancona to Patras?
You can catch a ferry from Ancona to Patras all year round. During the high season, there are up to 2 daily ferry crossings. The route is usually serviced by 2 ferry companies: Minoan Lines and Anek Superfast.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the Ancona - Patras crossing on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Ancona to Patras?
Yes, ferry travel between Italy and Greece is currently allowed. Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel between Italy and Greece, and plan your trip!
What’s the ferry schedule from Ancona to Patras?
The Ancona - Patras ferry crossing is usually overnight with at least 1-2 sailings per day all year round.
The earliest ferry usually departs from Ancona at 13:30 and arrives in Patras from 12:00 to 14:00 the next day.
The latest scheduled trip to Patras from Ancona is usually at 16:00 or 16:30, arriving in Patras the afternoon of the next day. Occasionally, there are later crossings departing at 17:00, 18:30 or 22:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Ancona to Patras?
The cost of a single ferry ticket usually starts at €87. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers, seat type, vehicle selection, or the ferry company.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Patras from Ancona.
Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the same prices as ferry companies. Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
For even cheaper tickets, have a look at our relevant blog post on 2022 cheap Greek ferry deals.
Traveling from Ancona to Patras by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 4 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Ancona to Patras?
The Ancona to Patras ferry duration ranges from 19.5 hr to 25 hr. This depends on the type of vessel, the route and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ancona to Patras?
Most ferries operating the route from Ancona to Patras are conventional. The fastest ferry reaches Patras in 19.5 hr.
What’s the distance between Ancona and Patras?
The distance between the port of Ancona in Italy and the port of Patras in western Greece is 491 nautical miles (around 911 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Patras from Ancona
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Ancona to Patras:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Ancona at least 1.5 hr before your ferry trip, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- To travel from Italy to Greece, you should carry with you either a passport or your national ID card (if your country is in the Schengen Area).
- Since this ferry journey is long, we recommend traveling in a cabin. It's best to book at least 3-4 months in advance, especially if you are traveling in Easter or in the summer, since cabins sell out fast.
- From the port of Patras in Peloponnese, you can cross by ferry to Kefalonia and Ithaca in the Ionian sea.
- In a few cases, schedules of ferries that depart from the port of Ancona may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
Where to take the ferry from Ancona to Patras
There are regular ferries departing from the port of Ancona to Patras.
The port of Ancona is located in the city center, just 2km from the train station and only 15 minutes on foot from the Piazza del Plebiscito, the most famous square in the heart of Ancona. You can also reach the port of Ancona by bus or car.
In the area you will find many bars, ice cream parlors, restaurants, and shops.
Can I travel on the ferry from Ancona to Patras with a car?
Yes, you can transfer your vehicle in most ferries traveling from Ancona to Patras.
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Ancona to Patras.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The ferries operating the route from Ancona to Patras normally have cabins, so you can enjoy a comfortable trip.
Alternatively, you can book numbered seats.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Patras from Ancona, depending on the company and type of vessel you’ve chosen:
- In Minoan Lines ferries, pets travel in cabins available for pet carriage or in specially designed kennels on the ship’s deck. They are not allowed in indoor public areas or cabins.
- In Anek Superfast ferries, pets are allowed in pet cabins or kennels for an extra charge.
Make sure to carry along the necessary health certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Ancona to Patras?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Ancona to Patras online on Ferryhopper. Use our Map of ferries to visualize and plan your Ancona - Patras ferry trip. Compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip in just a few clicks!