Traveling from Ancona to Patras by ferry
There are 1 or 2 daily ferry crossings from Ancona to Patras all-year-round with ticket cost starting from 71€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Ancona to Patras*
Is there a ferry from Ancona to Patras?
There are usually 1 or 2 ferry crossings per day in the Ancona to Patras route all-year-round. This can change depending on the season or the weather but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Minoan Lines and Anek-Superfast Lines.
How long is the ferry ride from Ancona to Patras?
The ferry ride can be from 19,5 hours to 23 hours depending on the vessel type.
How much is the ferry from Ancona to Patras?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts from 71€. The final price depends on the itinerary as well as reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle type, or cabin selection. For the Italy-Greece routes, there are often early booking discounts and seasonal offers so make sure you regularly check our blog for updates.
What's the ferry schedule from Ancona to Patras?
The Ancona - Patras ferry crossing is usually overnight with 1 or 2 sailings per day all year round. In high season there can be up to 12 weekly sailings on this route. The earliest ferry departure from Ancona is around 13.30 and the latest one can be from 18.30 to 20.30.
What's the distance from Ancona to Patras?
The distance from the port of Ancona to the port of Patras is 491 nautical miles (around 911 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Ancona to Patras?
Yes, traveling between Italy and Greece is currently allowed. For the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Ancona to Patras?
On Ferryhopper you can find and compare the latest data from all ferry companies in the crossing Ancona - Patras and book ferry tickets online in just 4 clicks.
The Ancient Roman Odeon of Patras, one of the top sightseeing spots in the city.
Useful tips for ferry your trip from Ancona to Patras
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Ancona at least 90 minutes in advance of your ferry trip, especially if you are transferring your vehicle as well.
- To travel from Italy to Greece, you will probably need either your passport or your national ID card (if your country is in the Schengen Area).
- For such long journeys, we recommend traveling in a bed cabin. It's best to book at least 3-4 months in advance, especially for Easter and summer periods.
- Vehicle tickets can also sell out fast in the Italy-Greece route. Prices for vehicles can be around 30€-40€ for a motorcycle and 90€ - 95€ for a car.
- Ferry companies in this line often offer discounts or special offers for caravans/campers. You can check our relevant FAQ pages for more information.
- From the port of Patras in Peloponnese, you can cross by ferry to Kefalonia and Ithaki in the Ionian sea.
- For all ferry connections in the Ionian sea, check our updated Map of ferries.
- If you are looking for tips and info about the port of Patras and what to do in the area, please visit our relevant destination page.