Traveling from Brindisi to Patras by ferry
There are 2 weekly ferry crossings from Brindisi to Patras all-year-round with an average ferry ticket price of 55€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Brindisi to Patras*
Is there a ferry from Brindisi to Patras?
There are usually 2 weekly ferry crossings by 1 ferry company from Brindisi to Patras all-year-long. This can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that mainly operates on this route is Grimaldi Lines.
How long is the ferry from Brindisi to Patras?
The duration of the ferry ride is approximately 17 hours.
How much is the ferry from Brindisi to Patras?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts from 15€. The average price for a foot passenger is around 55€ and the final price is subject to change according to reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle type, or cabin selection. On the Italy - Greece lines there are often early booking discounts or seasonal offers so make sure you regularly check our blog for updates.
What's the ferry schedule from Brindisi to Patras?
During the whole year, there are at least 2 ferries per week serving the Brindisi-Patras route. The ferry itineraries are often overnight, with ferries departing around 21.00 from Bari and arriving in Patras in the early afternoon of the next day (around 14.00).
What's the distance between Brindisi and Patras?
The distance between the port of Brindisi and the port of Patras is 293 nautical miles (around 542 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Brindisi to Patras?
Yes, the ferry connections between Italy and Greece are currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please check our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Brindisi to Patras?
On Ferryhopper you can find updated ferry schedules, prices, and trip duration for the Brindisi-Patras route and book your ferry tickets online in just 4 clicks.
Sunset hour in the marina of Patras.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Brindisi to Patras
- Ferries to Greece usually depart from Porto Medio in Brindisi and specifically from the west quay of Costa Morena (Punta Delle Terrare).
- We recommend that you arrive at the port at least 1,5 hours in advance of your ferry trip, especially if you are transferring your vehicle as well.
- To travel from Italy to Greece, you will need either your passport or your national ID card (if your country of origin is in the Schengen Area)
- On such long journeys, it is advisable to travel in a bed cabin. We recommend booking your tickets at least 3-4 months before the trip.
- We recommend transferring your vehicle from Italy to Greece. Vehicle prices start from around 35€ for a moto and 75€ for a car.
- Ferry companies in this line often offer discounts or special offers for caravans/campers. You can check our FAQ or blog pages for more information.
- Ferry rides from Italy to Greece can be a bit bumpy. If you get seasick you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea medication.
- From the port of Patras in Peloponnese, you can cross by ferry to Kefalonia and Ithaki in the Ionian sea.
- For all ferry connections in the Ionian sea, check our updated Map of ferries.
- If you are looking for extra tips and info about the port of Patras and what to do in the area, please visit our relevant destination page.