Traveling from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa by ferry
There are up to 3 ferry crossings daily from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa in high season with sailing durations starting from 8,5 hours. Find all information regarding ticket prices and departure times. Compare ferry companies and book your ferry tickets.
Ferry schedules from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa*
Is there a ferry from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa?
Usually, there is at least 1 ferry crossing per day by 2 ferry companies for the whole year. This can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Grimaldi Lines and European Seaways.
How long is the ferry ride from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa?
The duration of the ferry ride can be from 8,5 hours to 10 hours depending on the vessel.
How much is the ferry from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts from 40€ but the price depends on the itinerary as well as reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle type, or cabin selection. On the Italy - Greece lines there are often early booking discounts or seasonal offers so make sure you regularly check our blog for updates.
What's the ferry schedule from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa?
In the summer months, the ferry crossing is daily with 1 to 3 ferries per day, while in the winter there are at least 8 weekly sailings from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa. The earliest ferry departure from Brindisi is around 10.00 and the latest one around 22.00.
What's the distance between Brindisi and Igoumenitsa?
The distance between the port of Brindisi in Italy and the port of Igoumenitsa in western Greece is 169 nautical miles (around 312km).
Am I allowed to travel from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa?
Yes, the ferry connections between Italy and Greece are currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please check our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa?
Compare the latest data from all ferry companies for the crossing Brindisi - Igoumenitsa on Ferryhopper and book ferry tickets online, easy and fast.
Ferry departing from the port of Igoumenitsa - with background details of the area's beautiful natural landscape.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa
- Ferries to Greece usually depart from Porto Medio in Brindisi and specifically from the west quay of Costa Morena (Punta delle Terrare).
- We recommend that you arrive at the port at least 1,5 hours before your ferry trip, especially if you are transferring your vehicle as well.
- Some ferry operators in the Adriatic lines offer the possibility of an e-ticket, to further facilitate your journey.
- The Italy-Greece ferry rides can be a bit bumpy. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- If you want to travel in a bed cabin we recommend booking your ferry tickets at least 3-4 months in advance especially for Easter and summer periods.
- We recommend booking your return to Brindisi in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- For more information on the port of Igoumenitsa, and what to do in the area, please visit our relevant destination page.
- From the port of Igoumenitsa, you can cross by ferry to Corfu, Paxoi, or Kefalonia. Find all ferry connections in the Ionian sea on our Ferry map.