Traveling from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa by ferry
There are frequent ferry itineraries throughout the year connecting Greece (Igoumenitsa) to Italy (Brindisi). The distance between the two ports is approximately 312 km and the journey has an average duration of 9 hours and the ticket prices for passengers cost below 100€. You may find more info about the ferry from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa in the tables listed below.
Ferry schedules from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa*
How long is the ferry ride from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa?
The average duration of the ferry trip from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa is 9 hours. As the ferry is the most popular way of bringing your vehicle or caravan to Greece, and the ferry route from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa is the shortest crossing, vehicle tickets rather quickly. Some of the crossings are executed during the night, so you should also consider booking a cabin.
Brindisi to Igoumenitsa: Cost of the ferry transfer
Ferry tickets from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa cost below 100€, for single foot passengers. Prices may vary amongst ferry operators, but on average do not fluctuate a lot. Concerning the transfer of vehicles, car and motorbike ferry tickets cost more than the normal single passenger ticket and the prices vary depending on the ferry operator and the season of the trip.
Should I book ferry tickets from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa in advance?
By all means, you should consider booking your ferry tickets from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa well in advance! The ferry crossing from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa is the shortest ferry route connecting Greece to Italy, and as a result, is one of the most popular. Moreover, the "Early Booking Discount" that is usually an additional 20-30% discount is available up to February. As these tickets are usually quite expensive, getting this discount is also highly recommended! Overall, the most important thing if you really want to get from Italy to Greece is to be “on time”. Ferryhopper is here to help you find all the possible options; it is up to you to choose the perfect one and book it while there is still availability.
Ferry routes from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa: Discounts
Several different discounts apply on the ferry tickets for the routes from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa:
- Early Booking Discount: This is a seasonal discount that is opening in December and closing in February/March. Usually, a 20% discount is applied to the overall ticket price. Please note that tickets issued with this discount cannot be either canceled or refunded. You can find more information on the Early booking discount here.
- International Student Discount: The holders of the International Student Card (ISIC) are eligible for discounted tickets at the same rate as Greek university students (20% discount on economy seats etc.). If you would like to use this discount, please select the related discount from the drop-down menu.
- Return Tickets Discount: When issuing a return ticket, a discount is provided by the ferry operator (usually 20% or 30% on the return ticket) and it is automatically applied from Ferryhopper's ferry booking system.
- Children Discount: Children tickets have special prices and can travel either free of charge or with a 50% discount. These discounts are automatically calculated during the pricing process. Take care, as this discount cannot be combined with other discounts e.g. Family Discount.
- Family Discount: This discount applies to all ferry operators that serve the Italy - Greece route and it is automatically calculated when 3 or more ferry tickets are issued in the same booking. The pricing is performed according to the rules of each operator.
- Automobile clubs e.g. ADAC: This offer includes 20-25% discount on vehicles of specific automobile & camping clubs & associations and the discount applies on the vehicle fare only. You are eligible for this discount if you are a member of clubs like ADAC, ANWB, TCS, ÖAMTC etc.The discount is not cumulative with the family offer, deck/airseats offer, but you can combine it with the Early Booking Offer.
Brindisi to Igoumenitsa: Distance
The distance between Brindisi and Igoumenitsa is about 312 km or 169 nautical miles.
Tips for your trip from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa
- From Igoumenitsa port you can easily visit Corfu, Ithaka, Kefalonia, Zakynthos and almost all the islands of Eptanisa. The duration for most of these trips is really short and the prices are not very high, during the whole summer season.
- The most convenient means of public transport to get from the port of Igoumenitsa to Athens is the regional bus (KTEL). The cheapest ticket is approximately 40€ by bus and the duration of the trip last around 6:30 hours.
- In such long journeys, it is advisable to travel with a cabin. In order to do so, you should book your tickets the earliest possible, as (3-4 months before the trip). Find all available cabins at ferryhopper.com
- Some ferry operators offer the possibility of an e-ticket, to further enable you in your journey.
- Ferry rides from Italy to Greece can become a bit bumpy. There is absolutely nothing to be worry about, rather than getting a bit seasick. If you do not feel well you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirins.
- The port of Igoumenitsa is usually crowded during the whole summer season, and multiple ferries can arrive/depart at the same time. Make sure to be there on time and ask the port authorities personnel for information regarding your ferry.
- The port of Brindisi is also connected with the greek port of Patras. More information on that ferry route you can find here.
- You can also check other Italian ports that Greece is connected with, such as Ancona, Venice and Bari.