Ferry from Ancona to Corfu
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ancona to Corfu?
You can catch a ferry from Ancona directly to the island of Corfu in the summer months. From June to September, there are usually 4 weekly ferry crossings from Ancona to Corfu.
The route is served by 2 ferry companies: Minoan Lines and Anek Superfast.
Am I allowed to travel from Ancona to Corfu?
Yes, traveling between Ancona and Corfu is currently allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel between Italy and Greece, and plan your trip easily on Ferryhopper!
What’s the ferry schedule from Ancona to Corfu?
The Ancona - Corfu is normally operated 4 times a week in the summer months and is overnight.
The earliest ferry usually departs from Ancona at 13:30 and arrives in Corfu around 07:00 the next day. The latest ferry to Corfu from Ancona usually leaves at 19:30, arriving in Corfu around 16:00 the next day.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Ancona to Corfu?
The cost of a single ferry ticket usually starts at €87. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers, seat type, vehicle selection, or the ferry company.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Corfu from Ancona. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
For even cheaper tickets, find out about the early-booking offer up to 25% for Greece - Italy ferries.
Traveling from Ancona to Corfu by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to available discounts. Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount up to 50% are:
- Children from 5 to 12 years old
- Students (Greek Public Universities)
- Large families
- Passengers over 60 years old
- Large groups of travelers
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
On Minoan Lines ferries, infants and toddlers up to 4 years old travel for free.
Note: keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Tip: check out our relevant post to find all the info you need about offers and discounts for Italy - Greece ferries.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Ancona to Corfu?
The Ancona to Corfu ferry duration ranges from 16 hr to 20.5 hr. This depends on the company, the route and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ancona to Corfu?
Most ferries operating the route from Ancona to Corfu are conventional. The fastest ferry reaches Corfu in 16 hr.
What’s the distance between Ancona and Corfu?
The distance between the port of Ancona in Italy and the port of Corfu in western Greece is 438 nautical miles (around 811 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Corfu from Ancona
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Ancona to Corfu:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Ancona at least 1.5 hr before your ferry trip, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- To travel from Italy to Greece, you should carry with you either a passport or your national ID card (if your country is in the Schengen Area).
- Since this ferry journey is long, we recommend traveling in a bed cabin. It's best to book at least 3-4 months in advance, as cabins sell out fast.
- Ferry companies often offer discounts or special offers for caravans/campers. Make sure to check them before booking your tickets!
- Ferry rides from Italy to Greece can be a bit bumpy. If you feel seasick, you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea medication.
- To find out more about what to see and do on the island, check our Corfu travel guide.
Where to take the ferry from Ancona to Corfu
You can take the ferry to Corfu and other regions in Western Greece from the port of Ancona in eastern Italy. Ancona is an important port city on the coast of the Adriatic Sea.
The port of Ancona is located in the city center, just 2 km from the train station and only 15 minutes on foot from the Piazza del Plebiscito, the most famous square in the city’s heart. You can also reach the port of Ancona by bus or car.
In the area you will find many bars, ice cream parlors, restaurants, and shops.
Can I travel on the ferry from Ancona to Corfu with a car?
Yes, most ferries traveling from Italy to Greece have car decks, so you can transfer your vehicle.
Tip: as available car-deck spaces and vehicle tickets usually sell out fast, we suggest planning your trip well in advance.
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Ancona to Corfu.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own luggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The ferries operating the route from Ancona to Corfu normally have cabins, so you can enjoy a comfortable trip.
Alternatively, you can book numbered seats.
You can travel with your pet on ferries to Corfu from Ancona, depending on the company you’ve chosen:
- On Minoan Lines ferries, pets are allowed on the deck. A carrier or cage is required for small pets. As for larger pets, they must wear a muzzle and a leash.
- On Anek Superfast ferries, there are some kennels and a limited number of cabins that you can book in advance for an extra charge. Pets are not allowed indoors or in vehicles. When walking on the open decks, they must wear a muzzle and a leash and be accompanied by their owner or guardian.
Note that, in both companies, pets can travel in their own carrier of cage free of charge. However, they must be included in your booking.
Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Ancona to Corfu?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Ancona to Corfu online on Ferryhopper. Use our Map of ferries to visualize and plan your Ancona - Corfu ferry trip. Compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip in just a few clicks!