Traveling from Ancona to Igoumenitsa by ferry
There are frequent ferry itineraries during the summer season connecting Italy (Ancona) to Greece (Igoumenitsa). The distance between these two ports is approximately 723 km and the journey has an average duration of 17 hours. Ticket prices for passengers cost below 100€. You may find more info about the ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa in the tables listed below.
Ferry schedules from Ancona to Igoumenitsa*
How long is the ferry ride from Ancona to Igoumenitsa?
The average duration of the trip from Igoumenitsa to Ancona is 17 hours. As the ferry is the most popular way of bringing a car or a caravan to Greece, vehicle tickets sell out fast. Moreover, as these journeys are quite long, it is advisable to book a cabin ticket. In order to do so, you should book your tickets as early as possible, as they usually sell out until April.
Ancona to Igoumenitsa: Cost of the Ferry
Ferry tickets from Ancona to Igoumenitsa cost below € 100 euros. Prices may vary between ferry operators, but in average do not fluctuate a lot. Concerning the transfer of vehicles, car and motorbike tickets cost more than the normal passenger ticket and their prices change from a ferry operator to another and the season of the trip.
Ferry routes from Ancona to Igoumenitsa: Discounts
Several different discounts apply on the ferry tickets for the routes from Ancona to Igoumenitsa:
- Early Booking Discount: This is a seasonal discount that is opening in December and closing in February/March. Usually, a 20% discount is applied to the overall ticket price. Please note that tickets issued with this discount cannot be either canceled or refunded.
- International Student Discount: The holders of the International Student Card (ISIC) are eligible for discounted tickets at the same rate as Greek university students (20% discount on economy seats etc.). If you would like to use this discount, please select the related discount from the drop-down menu.
- Return Tickets Discount: When issuing a return ticket, a discount is provided by the ferry operator (usually 20% or 30% on the return ticket) and it is automatically applied from Ferryhopper's ferry booking system.
- Children Discount: Children tickets have special prices and can travel either free of charge or with a 50% discount. These discounts are automatically calculated during the pricing process. Take care, as this discount cannot be combined with other discounts e.g. Family Discount.
- Family Discount: This discount applies to all ferry operators that serve the Italy - Greece route and it is automatically calculated when 3 or more ferry tickets are issued in the same booking. The pricing is performed according to the rules of each operator.
Ancona to Igoumenitsa: Distance
The distance between Ancona and Igoumenitsa is about 723 km or 390 nautical miles.
Tips for your trip from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
- Usually, during the summer season, there are ferry boats connecting Ancona to Corfu. In this case, the prices of this trip are not very different, and the duration of the trip is approximately 16 hours.
- If you want to reach the port of Igoumenitsa from Athens there is the possibility of taking the bus (KTEL). The cheapest ticket is approximately 40€ by bus and the duration of the trip last around 6:30 hours.