Ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa?
Usually, there are at least 2 ferry crossings per day by 2 ferry companies from Ancona to Igoumenitsa all year round. This can change according to the season or the weather but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Minoan Lines and Anek Lines.
How long is the ferry ride from Ancona to Igoumenitsa?
The ferry crossing lasts from 16 hours to 18,5 hours. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel.
How much is the ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts at 70€. The final price depends on the itinerary as well as reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle type, or cabin selection. For the Italy-Greece routes, there are often early booking discounts and seasonal offers so make sure you regularly check our blog for updates.
What’s the ferry schedule from Ancona to Igoumenitsa?
The Ancona - Igoumenitsa ferry crossing is usually overnight with 2 sailings per day all year round. In high season there can be up to 15 sailings every week on this route. The earliest ferry departure from Ancona is around 13.00 and the latest one can be from 18.00 to 20.00 in the evening.
What’s the distance between Ancona and Igoumenitsa?
The distance between the port of Ancona in Italy and Igoumenitsa in western Greece is 390 nautical miles (around 720 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Ancona to Igoumenitsa?
Yes, traveling between Italy and Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Ancona to Igoumenitsa?
Compare the latest data from all ferry companies in the crossing Ancona - Igoumenitsa on Ferryhopper and book ferry tickets online at the best prices.
The sandy beach of Drepano, close to the port of Igoumenitsa.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Ancona at least 1,5 hours prior to your ferry trip, especially if you are transferring your vehicle as well.
- To travel from Italy to Greece, you will most probably need either your passport or your national ID card (if your country is in the Schengen Area).
- For such long journeys, we recommend traveling in a bed cabin. It's best to book at least 3-4 months in advance, especially for Easter and summer periods.
- Vehicle tickets can also sell out fast in the Italy-Greece route. Prices for vehicles can be around 30€ to 40€ for a motorcycle and 85€ to 95€ for a car.
- Ferry companies in this line often offer discounts or special offers for caravans/campers. You can check our relevant FAQ pages for more information.
- For more information on the port of Igoumenitsa, or what to do in the area, please visit our dedicated page.
- From the port of Igoumenitsa, you can cross by ferry to Corfu, Paxoi, or Kefalonia. On our Ferry map, you can check all available crossings in the Ionian sea.