Ferry from Bari to Corfu
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Bari to Corfu?
You can catch a ferry from Bari directly to the island of Corfu in the summer months. From June to September, there are up to 7 weekly ferry crossings from Bari to Corfu.
The route is served by 2 ferry companies: Ventouris Ferries and Anek Superfast.
Am I allowed to travel from Bari to Corfu?
Yes, ferry travel between Bari and Corfu is currently allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel between Italy and Greece, and plan your trip easily on Ferryhopper!
What’s the ferry schedule from Bari to Corfu?
The Bari - Corfu route is operated up to 7 times a week in the high season.
The earliest ferry usually departs from Bari at 12:00 and reaches Corfu around 21:00. The latest ferry to Corfu from Bari is usually at midnight, arriving in Corfu around 11:00 the next morning.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Bari to Corfu?
The cost of a single ferry ticket usually starts at around €55. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers, seat type, vehicle selection, and the ferry company.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Corfu from Bari. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Traveling from Bari to Corfu by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to available discounts. Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to a discount are:
- Students (Greek Public Universities)
- Large families
- Passengers over 60 years old
- Large groups of travelers
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
On Ventouris Ferries, infants and toddlers up to 4 years travel for free.
Note: keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Tip: check out our relevant post to find all the info you need about offers and discounts for Italy - Greece ferries.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Bari to Corfu?
The duration of the ride from Bari to Corfu ranges from 9 hr to 11 hr. The final ferry time depends on the company, the route and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Bari to Corfu?
Most ferries operating the route from Bari to Corfu are conventional. The fastest ferry reaches Corfu in 9 hr.
What’s the distance between Bari and Corfu?
The distance between the port of Bari in Italy and the port of Corfu in western Greece is around 166 nautical miles (approximately 307 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Corfu from Bari
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Bari to Corfu:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Bari at least 1.5 hr before departure time, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- To travel from Italy to Greece, you should carry with you either a passport or your national ID card (if your country is in the Schengen Area).
- Since this ferry journey is long, we recommend traveling in a bed cabin. It's best to book at least 3-4 months in advance, as cabins sell out fast.
- Ferry companies often offer discounts or special offers for caravans / campers. Make sure to check them before booking your tickets!
- Ferry rides from Italy to Greece can be a bit bumpy. If you feel seasick, you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea medication.
- To find out more about what to see and do on the island, check our Corfu travel guide.
Where to take the ferry from Bari to Corfu
Ferries to Corfu and Western Greece depart from the port of Bari. The port area is divided into the Old and the New Port. Ferries to Corfu depart from the New Port.
You can get to the port of Bari by car or public transport. The Bari train station is only 2.5 km from the port of Bari.
In the area you will also find many shops, high fashion boutiques and souvenir kiosks.
Can I travel on the ferry from Bari to Corfu with a car?
Yes, most ferries traveling from Italy to Greece have car decks, so you can transfer your vehicle.
Tip: as available car-deck spaces and vehicle tickets usually sell out fast, we suggest planning your trip well in advance.
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Bari to Corfu.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own luggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The ferries operating the route from Bari to Corfu normally have cabins, so you can enjoy a comfortable trip.
Alternatively, you can book numbered seats.
You can travel with your pet on ferries to Corfu from Bari, depending on the company you’ve chosen:
- On Ventouris Ferries vessels, you can travel with a small pet on the deck. Pets must wear a muzzle and a leash. They are not allowed in indoor public areas on the ferry.
- On Anek Superfast ferries, there are some kennels and a limited number of cabins that you can book in advance. Pets are not allowed indoors or inside vehicles. When walking on the open decks, they must wear a muzzle and a leash and be accompanied by their owner or guardian.
Note that, in both companies, pets travel free of charge. However, they must be included in the booking.
Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Βook cheap ferry tickets from Bari to Corfu
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Bari to Corfu online on Ferryhopper. Use our Map of ferries to visualize and plan your Bari - Corfu ferry trip. Compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip in just a few steps!