Traveling from Bari to Patras by ferry
There are a lot of weekly ferry itineraries throughout the whole year connecting Greece (Patras) to Italy (Bari) is approximately 295 nautical miles and the ferry journey has an average duration of 17 hours and 30 minutes and the ferry tickets cost around 70€ per passenger. You can find additional information about the ferry route from Bari to Patras in the tables listed below.
Ferry schedules from Bari to Patras*
How long is the ferry ride from Bari to Patras?
The average duration of the ferry trip from Bari to Patras is 17 hours and 30 minutes and. As the ferry is the most popular way of bringing a car or a caravan to Greece, vehicle ferry tickets sell out fast. Moreover, as this ferry trip is quite long and is usually executed during the night, it is advisable to book a cabin ticket.
Bari to Patras: Cost of the ferry transfer
Ferry tickets from Bari to Patras cost below 100€, for single foot passengers. Prices may vary amongst ferry operators, but on average do not fluctuate a lot. Concerning the transfer of vehicles, car and motorbike ferry tickets cost more than the normal single passenger ticket and the prices vary depending on the ferry operator and the season of the trip.
Should I book ferry tickets from Bari to Patras in advance?
Indeed, you should book your ferry tickets for this ferry route well in advance! The ferry tickets for vehicles and cabins for trips executed during spring or summer are sold out quickly. The “Early Booking Discount” which is an additional 20-30% discount is available till February, which leads to availability being low by the end of April. Given the high cost of these ferry tickets, it is highly recommended that you try to get the additional “Early Booking Discount”. Overall, the most important thing if you really want to get from Italy to Greece is to be “on time”. Ferryhopper is here to help you find all the possible options; it is up to you to choose the perfect one and book it while there is still availability.
Ferry routes from Bari to Patras: Discounts
Several different discounts apply on the ferry tickets for the routes from Bari to Patras:
- Early Booking Discount: This is a seasonal discount opening in December and closing in February/March. Usually, a 20% discount is applied to the overall ticket price. Please note that tickets issued with this discount cannot be either canceled or refunded. You can find more information about the early booking discount here.
- International Student Discount: The holders of the International Student Card (ISIC) are eligible for discounted tickets at the same rate as Greek university students (20% discount on economy seats etc.). If you would like to use this discount, please select it from the related drop-down menu.
- Return Tickets Discount: When issuing a return ticket, a discount is provided by the ferry operator (usually 20% or 30% on the return ticket) and it is automatically applied from Ferryhopper's ferry booking system.
- Children Discount: Children tickets have special prices and can travel either free of charge or with a 50% discount. These discounts are automatically calculated during the pricing process. Take care, as this discount cannot be combined with other discounts e.g. Family Discount.
- Family Discount: This discount applies to all ferry operators that serve the Italy - Greece route and it is automatically calculated when 3 or more ferry tickets are issued in the same booking. The pricing is performed according to the rules of each operator.
- Automobile clubs e.g. ADAC: This offer includes 20-25% discount on vehicles of specific automobile & camping clubs & associations and the discount applies on the vehicle fare only. You are eligible for this discount if you are a member of clubs like ADAC, ANWB, TCS, ÖAMTC, etc. The discount is not cumulative with the family offer, deck/air seats offer, but you can combine it with the Early Booking Offer.
Bari to Patras: Distance
The distance between Bari and Patras is 546 km or 295 nautical miles.
Tips for your trip from Bari to Patras
- To travel from Italy to Greece, you will definitely need either your passport or your ID card (if your country is in the Schengen Area)
- In such long journeys, it is advisable to travel with a cabin. In order to do so, you should book your tickets the earliest possible, as (3-4 months before the trip). Find all available cabins at ferryhopper.com
- The port of Patras is usually very crowded during the whole summer season, and multiple ferries can arrive/depart at the same time. Make sure to be there on time and ask the port authorities personnel for information regarding your ferry.
- You can reach Athens from Patras either by the suburban railway or the bus. The cost is approximately € 20 and the duration of the journey is about 3 hours. You can take the train either from Athens International Airport or from the City center (Doukissis Plakentias Station).
- Ferry rides from Italy to Greece can become quite bumpy. There is absolutely nothing to worry about, rather than getting a bit seasick. If you do not feel well you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirins
- The port of Bari is also connected with the greek port of Igoumenitsa. More information on that ferry route you can find on our dedicated page.
- You can also check other Italian ports that Greece is connected with, such as Ancona, Venice, and Brindisi.