Ferry from Mallorca to Ibiza
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Mallorca to Ibiza?
The ferry route from Mallorca to Ibiza is available all year round with at least 1 daily crossing. The ferry companies that usually operate on this route are Baleària and Trasmed.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can check real-time schedules and book ferry tickets online for the Mallorca - Ibiza route on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Mallorca to Ibiza
Usually, there are up to 20 weekly ferry crossings from Mallorca to Ibiza, with ferry frequency increasing during the summer months.
The earliest ferry departs from the port of Palma in Mallorca at 08:00 and arrives in Ibiza at 10:15. The latest ferry departure is usually at 16:30, reaching the port of Ibiza at around 20:00.
Tip: there are additional indirect ferry crossings that usually have Barcelona or Valencia as an intermediate stop.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Mallorca to Ibiza?
The price of a ferry ticket for the trip from Mallorca to Ibiza ranges from around €50 to €100. The final cost may vary depending on available discounts, vehicle selection and seat type.
Discover the best available offers for the route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Find updated information about available ferry connections, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel by ferry from Mallorca to Ibiza for free. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Balearic Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Mallorca to Ibiza?
The duration of the direct ferry trip from Mallorca to Ibiza ranges from 2 hr 15 min to 4 hr, depending on the type of vessel (high-speed or conventional).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Mallorca to Ibiza?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Mallorca to Ibiza. The fastest ferry to Ibiza takes about 2 hr and departs from the port of Palma de Mallorca.
What’s the distance between Mallorca and Ibiza?
The distance between Mallorca and Ibiza is approximately 71 nautical miles (132 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Ibiza from Mallorca
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Mallorca to Ibiza:
- The port of Palma in Mallorca can get crowded, especially in the summer, so we recommend arriving well in advance.
- In Ibiza, it is best to use your own vehicle or public transport. You either transfer your vehicle by ferry or rent one there. Keep in mind that taxis are the most expensive means of transport on the island.
- Make sure to add our guide on getting to Ibiza to your reading list and visit the island like an expert.
- From the port of Ibiza, you can easily travel by ferry to the beautiful island of Formentera. The Ibiza - Formentera ferry ride lasts just 30 min and there are multiple departures throughout the day.
- Read our Ibiza travel guide for useful information and tips about your holidays on the island.
Where to take the ferry from Mallorca to Ibiza
The easiest way to travel by ferry to Ibiza from Mallorca is from the port of Palma de Mallorca, on the west coast of the island. Palma de Mallorca is the island's capital, famous for its nightlife and impressive gothic architecture.
You can easily access the port of Palma de Mallorca in about 40 min by bus or 15 min by taxi from the center of the city.
Can I travel on the ferry from Mallorca to Ibiza with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle on the majority of the ferries from Mallorca to Ibiza and easily explore the island.
Each ferry operator serving this route has different luggage policies:
- Trasmed allows passengers to carry luggage with a maximum weight of 40 kg for cabins and 30 kg for onboard seating. Ferries often have closed spaces for luggage.
- On the ferries of Baleària, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage per passenger, as long as you can handle it on your own. There are also open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
Though the ride is relatively short, most of the ferries that operate on the Mallorca - Ibiza route have cabins. Alternatively, there are also numbered seats.
When it comes to traveling to Ibiza by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the operator and type of vessel, there are various services and facilities for your little friend, such as pet-friendly cabins.
For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you contact the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Mallorca to Ibiza
You can book cheap ferry tickets to Ibiza and the Balearic Islands online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can check all available ferry connections, compare companies and ticket prices, and book your ferry trip to Ibiza at the same prices as ferry companies!