Ferry from Ischia to Naples
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ischia to Naples?
There are about 35 daily ferry crossings from Ischia to Naples. This service is offered by 4 companies: Alilauro, Medmar, Caremar and SNAV.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can find real-time schedules, compare ferry ticket prices and book your tickets from Ischia to Naples online with no extra fee on Ferryhopper.
How long is the ferry ride from Ischia to Naples?
The duration of the ferry from the port of Ischia to Naples takes about 50 min to 1 hr 30 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ischia to Naples?
Yes, the fastest ferry to Naples from Ischia takes about 50 min by high-speed boats (hydrofoils).
How much is the ferry from Ischia to Naples?
The price of a ferry ticket from Ischia to Naples is around €20. However, the ticket cost varies according to the period, the discounts as well as the vehicle and seat selection. If you take a return ticket, you will be eligible for a discount.
Some ferry companies offer discount tickets for children. Children up to 2 years travel for free while children between 2 and 12 years old can benefit from a reduced ticket (around €10).
Tip: you can also travel with your pet by ferry for an additional cost of around €5.
What’s the ferry schedule from Ischia to Naples?
There are normally 35 daily ferry crossings from Ischia to Naples. The earliest ferry from Ischia to Naples departs from Ischia port around 06:20 and arrives in Naples around 07:30. The latest departure is usually at 20:20 with an arrival in the Campania capital at 21:30.
What’s the distance between Ischia and Naples?
Ischia is approximately 18 nautical miles (29km) from Naples.
Am I allowed to travel from Ischia to Naples?
Yes, travelling from Ischia to Naples is possible. When you start planning your holidays, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Ischia to Naples?
The port and the medieval Maschio Angioino castle of Naples in Italy
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Ischia to Naples
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Ischia to Naples:
- Ferry times change frequently. Make sure to check the ferry timetable from Ischia to Naples again a few days before your departure.
- It is recommended to arrive at the port of Ischia at least 1 hour before boarding, especially during the summer months.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- You can also take a ferry from Ischia to Capri, from Ischia to Positano and from Ischia to Sorrento.
Where to take the ferry from Ischia to Naples
The ferries from Ischia to Naples leave from 3 ports: Ischia port, Casamicciola and Forio. Most of the ferries and hydrofoils to Naples depart from the Ischia port that is located very close to Ischia town on the northeast coast.
The port of Ischia is accessible by car, taxi or bus. It’s just a 3-minute ride by car from Ischia's town center and is easily accessible by public transport. There, you can find several bars, restaurants, shops and tourist services especially along the main Corso Vittoria Colonna.
The port of Casamicciola is the second largest port on the island. It is about 13 min from the town of Ischia. There you can find a few bars, restaurants and vehicle rental services.
Each ferry company from Ischia to Naples has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Alilauro ferries, passengers can have 1 piece of luggage up to 50x35x20cm. The limit for carry-on luggage is 9kg.
- With Medmar each passenger is entitled to take a hand luggage of 20kg with no extra fee.
- Caremar ferry company allows a hand luggage of 20kg on a conventional ferry or 10kg on a hydrofoil with maximum dimensions of 50x40x20cm.
- SNAV allows passengers to carry on board a single hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20cm weighing up to 9kg with no extra fee.
Tip: please note that ferry companies charge fees for additional baggage and baggage exceeding the size and/or weight policy.
Ferries from Ischia to Naples do not have cabins on the vessels. Only standard seats are available on this ferry route.
Can I travel on the ferry from Ischia to Naples with a car?
Hydrofoils operating between Ischia and Naples do not carry vehicles.