Ferry from Ischia to Naples
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ischia to Naples?
There are about 30 daily ferry crossings from the 3 ports of Ischia (Ischia Porto, Casamicciola e Forio) to Naples. This ferry route is operated by 3 ferry companies: Alilauro, Caremar and SNAV.
Keep in mind that some companies operate ferries from Ischia to Naples only on certain days of the week.
What’s the ferry schedule from Ischia to Naples?
The earliest ferry from Ischia to Naples departs from Ischia port around 06:10 and arrives in Naples around 07:50. The latest departure is usually at 20:20 with an arrival in the Campania capital at 21:40.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Ischia to Naples?
The price of a ferry ticket from Ischia to Naples starts at around €12. However, the ticket cost varies according to the period, the discounts as well as the vehicle and seat selection.
Discover the best available offers for your trip to Naples on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes in Italy, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Children up to 2-3 years old travel for free. Some companies also provide reduced fares for older children, large groups and residents.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Ischia to Naples?
The duration of the ferry from the port of Ischia to Naples takes about 50 min to 1 hr 45 min. The duration of the crossing varies depending on the type of vessel (ferry or hydrofoil) and any scheduled stops in Procida.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ischia to Naples?
Yes, the fastest ferry to Naples from Ischia takes about 50 min by high-speed boats (hydrofoils).
What’s the distance between Ischia and Naples?
Ischia is approximately 18 nautical miles (29 km) from Naples.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Naples from Ischia
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Ischia to Naples:
- Ferry times change frequently. Make sure to check the ferry timetable from Ischia to Naples a few days before your departure.
- It is recommended to arrive at the port of Ischia at least 1 hour before boarding, especially during the summer months.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- You can also take a ferry from Ischia to Capri, from Ischia to Positano and from Ischia to Sorrento.
- The port of Naples is well connected to the airport and train station via various buses and shuttles.
Where to take the ferry from Ischia to Naples
The ferries from Ischia to Naples leave from 3 ports: Ischia port, Casamicciola and Forio. Most of the ferries and hydrofoils to Naples depart from the Ischia port that is located very close to Ischia town on the northeast coast.
The port of Casamicciola is the second largest port on the island. It is about 13 min from the town of Ischia.
The port of Forio is located in the west of Ischia and allows you to reach the famous Chiaia beach in just a few minutes.
Can I travel on the ferry from Ischia to Naples with a car?
You can only bring your car on some ferries from Ischia to Naples. At the time of booking, you will be able to see which companies provide the garage option.
Each ferry company from Ischia to Naples has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Alilauro ferries, passengers can have 1 piece of luggage up to 50x35x20 cm. The limit for carry-on luggage is 9 kg.
- Caremar ferry company allows a hand luggage of 20 kg on a conventional ferry or 10 kg on a hydrofoil with maximum dimensions of 50x40x20 cm.
- SNAV allows passengers to carry on board a single hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm weighing up to 9 kg with no extra fee.
Tip: please note that ferry companies charge fees for additional baggage and baggage exceeding the size and/or weight policy.
As the trip is pretty short, there are no cabins on the ferry traveling from Ischia to Naples. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Pets are welcome on ferries traveling to Naples from Ischia. Therefore, you can safely travel with your pet, which must be included in the booking.
As pet policies and amenities may vary, make sure to contact the company you’re traveling with for additional information.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Ischia to Naples
On Ferryhopper, you can book your ferry tickets to Naples from Ischia hassle-free! Find real-time information about ferries to Naples and plan your trip without hidden fees!