Ferry Gran Canaria - Fuerteventura
Tickets, Prices, Times, Companies
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
There are usually at least 3 daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura. Most ferries arrive at the port of Morro Jable, but there are also ferry connections to Puerto del Rosario. The companies that normally operate on the Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura ferry route are Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas.
Please note that ferry schedules can change from season to season. You can find real-time information, compare prices and book ferry tickets for the Gran Canaria - Fuerteventura ferry on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Yes, traveling from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura by ferry is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura
You can find up to 6-7 Gran Canaria - Fuerteventura ferries every day throughout the year. The earliest ferry departs at 07:30 in the morning, arriving at 09:30. The last ferry leaves Gran Canaria at 23:30 and reaches Fuerteventura at 06:30 in the morning.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
The price of a standard ferry ticket to Fuerteventura from Gran Canaria ranges from €46 to €52. The final cost varies depending on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information, compare all offers for the route you’re interested in and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best price.
For your trip from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura, you can take advantage of special discounts. For example, if you're living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount on Ferryhopper.
Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets are:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
The duration of the Gran Canaria - Fuerteventura ferry trip ranges from 2 to 7 hr, depending on the itinerary, type of vessel and port of arrival.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling to Fuerteventura. The fastest ferry from Las Palmas to Fuerteventura arrives at the port of Morro Jable in 2 hr.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura?
The distance between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura is approximately 76 nautical miles (about 140km). The closest port to Gran Canaria is Morro Jable.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Fuerteventura from Gran Canaria
Here are some travel tips for your trip to Fuerteventura:
- The port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria can get quite busy, especially during the summer, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before your departure.
- If you're arriving at the port of Morro Jable in Fuerteventura, you can reach the island's capital, Puerto del Rosario, by car, taxi or bus (route 1).
- From Fuerteventura, you can easily travel to Lobos, a beautiful little island of the Canaries. You can take the boat from the port of Corralejo and the ferry ride takes only 15 min.
- Check our Fuerteventura travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- The Las Palmas - Fuerteventura ferry crossing is quite popular, but there are also other options for island hopping in the Canaries. Check all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries and start planning your next trip!
Where to take the ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura
You can travel by ferry to Morro Jable or Puerto del Rosario in Fuerteventura from the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The city is located on the northeast coast of the island, approximately 25km from Gran Canaria Airport. To get to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria from the airport, you can take bus 60, 1 or 11.
Can I travel on the ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura with a car?
Yes, all ferries operating on this route can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that there might be limited availability, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance!
Each ferry company has different baggage allowance policies. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
- With Naveria Armas, each passenger can carry 60kg or 4 items of luggage. The company also offers trolleys to transport them.
Depending on the type of vessel and port of arrival, there are available cabins for a more comfortable ferry trip to Fuerteventura. Additionally, all companies offer numbered seats that are included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura. Pet policies may vary depending on the company you're traveling with. Make sure to carry along all necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
On Ferryhopper, you can book cheap ferry tickets to Fuerteventura from Gran Canaria in just a few clicks. Compare schedules, companies and prices, book your tickets and plan your trip online at the same price with the ferry companies!