Ferry Gran Canaria - Fuerteventura
Tickets, Prices, Times, Companies
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
There are usually at least 3 daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura. Most ferries arrive at the port of Morro Jable, but there are also ferry connections to Puerto del Rosario. The ferry companies that normally operate on the Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura ferry route are Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas and Trasmediterránea.
Please note that ferry schedules can change from season to season. You can find real-time information, compare ferry ticket prices and book tickets for the ferry Gran Canaria - Fuerteventura on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Ferry duration for this route usually ranges from approximately 2 hr to 3 hr, but there are also crossings that take 6 hr or 7 hr. The Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura ferry time depends on the company, type of ferry and port of arrival.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling for this crossing. The fastest ferry from Las Palmas to Fuerteventura arrives at the port of Morro Jable in 2 hr.
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Ferry costs from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura start at around €32. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts, such as the resident discount.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
There are normally several weekly ferry crossings from the port of Las Palmas in Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura, with frequency usually increasing during the summer. The ferry route to the port of Morro Jable in the south of Fuerteventura is normally served 2-3 times per day, while there are also weekly ferry crossings to Puerto del Rosario.
The earliest ferry usually departs at 07:00 and reaches Fuerteventura at around 10:00. The latest departure is at 21:00, with the ferry arriving in Fuerteventura at 23:00.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura?
The distance between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura is approximately 76 nautical miles (about 140km). The closest port to Gran Canaria is Morro Jable.
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Yes, you can travel from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura at the moment, as movement between the Canary Islands is allowed. Βear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
On Ferryhopper, you can book cheap ferry tickets to Fuerteventura from Gran Canaria in just a few clicks. Compare schedules, companies and prices, book your tickets and plan your trip online at no extra cost.
The impressive crater of the Calderón Hondo volcano in Fuerteventura
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura
Here are some travel tips for your trip:
- The port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria can get quite busy, especially during the summer, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before departure.
- If you're arriving at the port of Morro Jable in Fuerteventura, you can reach the island's capital, Puerto del Rosario, by car, taxi or bus. Bus route 1 runs regularly from Morro Jable on the southern coast of Fuerteventura to Puerto del Rosario in the northeast.
- From Fuerteventura, you can easily travel to Lobos, a beautiful little island of the Canaries. You can take the boat from the port of Corralejo and the ferry ride takes only 15 min.
- Check our Fuerteventura travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- The Las Palmas - Fuerteventura ferry crossing is quite popular, but there are also other options for island hopping in the Canaries. Check all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries and start planning your next trip!
Where to take the ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura
You can travel by ferry to Morro Jable or Puerto del Rosario in Fuerteventura from the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The city is located on the northeast coast of the island, approximately 25km from Gran Canaria Airport. To get to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria from the airport, you can take bus 60, 1 or 11.
Can I travel with a car on the Gran Canaria-Fuerteventura ferry?
Yes, the boat for this route can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance! An average Gran Canaria - Fuerteventura ferry price for a car is around €40 - €60, while for motorcycles from approximately €32 - €53.
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and easily travel from Las Palmas to Fuerteventura by ferry.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
- Trasmediterránea: The company allows up to 30kg per person or 40kg in the cabins.
Most ferries traveling from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura do not have cabins, as trip duration is quite short. Ferries serving crossings that last longer (usually arriving in Puerto del Rosario) do have cabins. All companies offer numbered seats.