Traveling from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura by ferry
One of the most popular ferry connections of the Canary islands is that from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura, with over 10 sailings each week. Due to being close to each other, you can travel by ferry from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura, through its two ports: that of Puerto del Rosario and that of Morro Jable. Check the Ferryhopper search engine and find all the available ferry routes and schedules, in order to find the most suitable one for your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura!
Which of the ports of Fuerteventura are connected with Gran Canaria?
- Puerto del Rosario: The capital of the island, which is located in the northeast part of the island.
- Morro Jable: This port is closer to Gran Canaria and is located to the south of Fuerteventura.
How frequent is the ferry connection between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura?
The ferry trip from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura is quite popular, especially during the summer months. There are almost 15 weekly crossings between the ports of the two islands.
- Puerto de Rosario: There are 5 weekly sailings that are usually operated from the ferry company Naviera Armas and connect the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to Puerto del Rosario in Fuerteventura.
- Morro Jable: Due to their distance, there are 10 weekly crossings between the two islands, that are usually provided by the ferry companies Naviera Armas and Fred Olsen Express.
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
The duration of the ferry trip from Gran Canaria is about 7 hrs to Puerto de Rosario and 2-3 hrs to Morro Jable.
What is the distance between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura?
The distance between Las Palmas de Gran Canaria with Puerto del Rosario is approximately 105 nautical miles (194.5 km). On the other hand, the distance between the port of Gran Canaria and Morro Jable in Fuerteventura is 65.3 nautical miles (121 km)
Ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura: Cost
The price of the ferry ticket starts from 36 euros for single foot passengers, for both of the ports of Fuerteventura. The ferry companies also offer the option to transfer your vehicle onboard.
For all types of ferry tickets, you can visit the Ferryhopper pages and choose the ones you prefer!
How can I book my ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
You can easily book your ferry tickets using the Ferryhopper search engine. Find all the information about the ferry trips and their respective schedules and organize the most convenient ferry trip!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura:
- We highly recommend that you get to the port 90 min before the departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle, to avoid missing your trip.
- Fuerteventura is pretty close to Lanzarote and La Graciosa. Check the Ferryhopper map of ferries and plan an unforgettable island hopping around the Canary Islands!
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper team!