Traveling from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura by ferry
There are around 32 weekly ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura serviced by Fred Olsen Express, Naviera Armas and Trasmediterránea. Find all information regarding ticket prices and departure times. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets for the Canaries.
Ferry schedules from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura*
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Normally, there are more than 3 daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to two ports in Fuerteventura: Morro Jable and Puerto del Rosario. The routes are operated by 3 ferry companies throughout the year. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Ferry crossings to Fuerteventura from Gran Canaria last from 2h 15min to 7 hours. The fastest way to get to Fuerteventura from Gran Canaria is to travel from the port of Las Palmas to Morro Jable with Fred Olsen Express. The duration of the trip varies depending on the type of vessel, the destination port and the weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
The starting price for a simple ferry ticket from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura ranges from €32 to €50. If you transfer your vehicle or book a cabin, there is a higher fare.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
There are regular ferry routes from Gran Canaria to Tenerife. You can travel daily from the port of Las Palmas to Morro Jable and Puerto del Carmen in Fuerteventura. The most frequent ferry route is to the port of Morro Jable on the southern part of the island. The earliest ferry departs at 07:00 and reaches Fuerteventura around 09:15, while the latest crossing is at 20:00 and arrives in Fuerteventura around 22:15.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura?
The distance between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura is approximately 76 nautical miles (140 km). Morro Jable is the closest port to Gran Canaria.
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Yes, travel between Gran Canaria and Furteventura is currently allowed. There are no movement restrictions in place for the Canary Islands. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to Fuerteventura. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The awe-inspiring crater of volcano Calderón Hondo in Fuerteventura.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura
- Gran Canaria is the perfect destination for island hopping in the Canaries. From the two ports of the island you can catch a ferry to Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Huelva, and Tenerife.
- To travel around Gran Canaria you can ride a taxi, use the public bus network or drive your own vehicle. If you don’t have your own vehicle, there are several car rental companies on the island.
- The coldest month in Fuerteventura has to be January. But, don’t be alarmed! Temperatures rarely fall below 20°C even in the winter.
- The port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is quite busy particularly in the summer. Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port at least 1h 30min before departure.
- You can travel from Morro Jable to Puerto del Rosario either by car, taxi or bus. Bus no. 1 takes passengers from the southern part of Fuerteventura all the way to the capital.