Ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry route is served several times per day by Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas. During the high season, there can be up to 15 daily ferries.
Ferries depart from the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife and arrive either in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria or at the port of Agaete.
Please note that ferry schedules can change depending on the season. You can find real-time information, compare ticket prices and book ferry tickets for the Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry online on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
Yes, traveling from Tenerife to Gran Canaria by ferry is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
The Tenerife to Gran Canaria ferry crossing is served by multiple ferries every day, with increased frequency in the summer.
The earliest ferry normally departs from Tenerife at around 06:00 in the morning and arrives in Gran Canaria at about 07:20 or 07:40, depending on the crossing you’ve chosen.
The latest departure is usually at 20:00, with the ferry reaching Gran Canaria at 21:20. Once a week, there is also a night ferry to Las Palmas that departs at 01:30 and arrives at 07:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The Tenerife to Gran Canaria ferry price starts at around €45. The final cost may vary depending on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your tickets on Ferryhopper at the same price as the ferry companies.
Find the discount that suits you best and book ferry tickets to Gran Canaria! For instance, if you're living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount on Ferryhopper.
Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets are:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The average duration of the Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry route varies between 1 hr 20 min and 2 hr 45 min. There is also an overnight crossing that is operated weekly from Tenerife to Las Palmas lasting around 6 hr.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
Yes, most ferries traveling from Tenerife to Gran Canaria are high-speed. The fastest ferry takes about 1 hr and 20 min to reach the port of Agaete.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and Gran Canaria?
The port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is approximately 51 nautical miles (94 km) from the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and about 37 nautical miles (69 km) from the port of Agaete.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Gran Canaria from Tenerife
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Tenerife to Gran Canaria:
- The port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is one of the busiest in the Canary Islands. We recommend arriving 1.5 hr before your departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- The Tenerife - Las Palmas ferry route is the best way to introduce yourself to the culture and lifestyle of Gran Canaria. Check out our Gran Canaria travel guide for vacation tips and useful information about the island.
- From Gran Canaria, you can catch a ferry to Fuerteventura and Lanzarote. Find all available ferry itineraries on Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping in the Canaries step-by-step.
- We would recommend booking your return trip in advance, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle. Check out more information about the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife on Ferryhopper!
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
You can travel by ferry to Gran Canaria from the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the capital of the island. The city is located in the northeast of Tenerife, about 15 km from Tenerife North Airport and approximately 60 km from Tenerife South Airport.
Bus route 20 takes you from Tenerife North Airport to Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 25 min. To get to the capital from Tenerife South Airport, you can catch bus 111 or 711. The ride takes around 1.5 hr.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria with a car?
Yes, the boat from Tenerife to Gran Canaria can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance!
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Naviera Armas allows a maximum of 60 kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your baggage if you don't want to carry it on board the ferry.
- Fred. Olsen Express allows 20 kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
Yes, you can book a cabin for your Tenerife - Gran Canaria trip for a more comfortable journey, especially if you choose to travel at night. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on all Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferries, as long as you book a special ticket for your pet. Make sure you carry your pet’s health certificates and any necessary supplies for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
You can book cheap tickets for the Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry route online on Ferryhopper. Check out all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and book ferry tickets to the Canary Islands without hidden fees.