Ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry route is served all year round by Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas, with many ferries daily. During the high season, there are up to 15 daily ferries.
Ferries depart from the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife and arrive either at the port of Las Palmas or at the port of Agaete.
Please note that ferry schedules can change depending on the season. You can find real-time information, compare ticket prices and book ferry tickets to the Canaries online on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
The earliest ferry normally departs from Tenerife at around 06:00 in the morning and arrives in Gran Canaria at about 07:20 or 07:50, depending on the crossing you’ve chosen and the port of arrival.
The latest departure is usually scheduled at 20:00, with the ferry reaching Gran Canaria (Agaete) at around 21:20. Once a week, there is also a night ferry to Las Palmas that departs from Santa Cruz at 01:30 and arrives at 07:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The Tenerife to Gran Canaria ferry price starts at around €49. The final cost may vary depending on the company, available offers and discounts, seat type, and vehicle selection.
Discover the best ferry deals and offers for Spain and the Canaries on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about routes, compare prices and offers, and book your tickets on Ferryhopper easily and quickly!
Note that current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Find the discount that suits you best and book ferry tickets to Gran Canaria! For instance, if you're living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount on Ferryhopper.
Some passenger categories entitled to discount tickets are:
- Children (4-11 years old)
- Young travelers (<26 years old)
- Senior travelers (60+ years old)
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Note: infants and toddlers up to 3 years old normally travel free of charge.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The average duration of the Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry route ranges between 1 hr 20 min and 2 hr 45 min.
There is also an overnight crossing that is operated weekly from Tenerife to Las Palmas and takes around 6 hr.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
Yes, most ferries traveling from Tenerife to Gran Canaria are high-speed. The fastest ferry takes about 1 hr 20 min to reach the port of Agaete.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and Gran Canaria?
The port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is approximately 51 nautical miles (94 km) from the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and about 37 nautical miles (69 km) from the port of Agaete.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Gran Canaria from Tenerife
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Tenerife to Gran Canaria:
- The port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is one of the busiest in the Canary Islands. We recommend arriving at least 1 hr before departue, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- Check out our Gran Canaria travel guide for vacation tips and useful information about the island.
- From Gran Canaria, you can catch a ferry to Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and more Canary islands. Find all available ferry routes on Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping in the Canaries step-by-step.
- We would recommend booking your return trip in advance, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle. Check out more information about the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife on Ferryhopper!
- For even easier and faster bookings, download the Ferryhopper App for free!
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
You can travel by ferry to Gran Canaria from the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the capital of the island. The city is located in the northeast of Tenerife, about 15 km from Tenerife North Airport and approximately 60 km from Tenerife South Airport.
Bus 20 takes you from Tenerife North Airport to Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 25 min. To get to the capital from Tenerife South Airport, you can catch bus 10. The ride takes around 50 min.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria with a car?
Yes, all ferries to Gran Canaria from Tenerife have car decks and transport vehicles.
Bear in mind that the car-deck spaces can run out fast, especially in the high season. Therefore, we suggest booking your car or motorcycle tickets well in advance!
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Naviera Armas allows each passenger a maximum of 4 luggage items, weighing up to 60 kg in total. It also offers trolleys to help passengers transport their luggage.
- On Fred. Olsen Express ferries, you can carry up to 20 kg of luggage free of charge. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags.
There are no cabins available on ferries operating between Tenerife and Gran Canaries, with the exception of the overnight Santa Cruz - Las Palmas crossings departing at 01:30.
However, onboard seating is included in the ticket price
You can travel with your pet on all Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferries, as long as you include the pet in the booking.
Pets are normally allowed in seating areas, as long as they weigh up to 10 kg and stay in a carrier. They are also allowed on the outside decks. When outside their carriers, pets should wear a leash.
Tip: make sure you carry your pet’s updated health certificates and any necessary supplies you might need during the trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
You can book cheap tickets for the Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry route online on Ferryhopper. Check out all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and book ferry tickets to the Canary Islands without hidden fees.