Traveling from Tenerife to Gran Canaria by ferry
Tenerife and Gran Canaria are the two capitals of the Canary Islands, that are located in the center of the Canary Archipelago. They are as well connected to each other as to other Canary Islands. Tenerife is connected by ferry with two ports of Gran Canaria, with frequent crossings all week. The Ferryhopper search engine will show you all the available ferry routes from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to the ports of Las Palmas and Agaete in Gran Canaria and the available itineraries, in order to book your ferry tickets for your trip from Tenerife to Gran Canaria.
Ferry schedules from Tenerife to Gran Canaria*
How frequent is the ferry connection between Tenerife and Gran Canaria?
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: There are 6 daily sailings between the two ports that are operated by the ferry company Naviera Armas. Also, there is 1 additional crossing from the ferry company Trasmediterranea, that operates 1 time a week.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife - Agaete: The ferry company Fred Olsen Express, usually, offers 8 daily crossings from Tenerife to the port of Agaete in Gran Canaria.
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The duration of the ferry ride varies according to the receiving port and the ferry company:
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: The average time of this ferry journey is 1 hr 50 min. However, the duration of the ferry route that is operated by Trasmediterranea, is approximately 8 hrs, because the ferry cruises among other Canary Islands and ends up at Gran Canaria. If you are up for an amazing cruise on the Canary Archipelago, then you should book a bed cabin to compliment your experience on the ferry!
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife - Agaete: The ferry journey from Tenerife to the port of Agaete lasts about 1 hr 20 min.
What is the distance between Tenerife and Gran Canaria?
Santa Cruz de Tenerife is approximately 50.6 nautical miles (94 km) from the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and about 37 nautical miles (69 km) from the port of Agaete.
Prices of ferry tickets from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
According to the data of the ferry companies for 2019 ferry tickets costs are as following:
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: The price of the ferry tickets for this ferry route starts from 30 € for single footing passengers
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife - Agaete: The ferry ticket for this ferry trip costs around 43 € per passenger.
For both crossings, there is the option of booking a bed cabin and of vehicle transportation. You can also travel with your pet from Tenerife to Gran Canaria with the pet ticket price starting from 3 €.
Where to book my ferry tickets from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
You can book online your ferry tickets from Tenerife to Gran Canaria on Ferryhopper, by comparing prices & booking without hidden fees on a safe bank environment. You can find the best deals, get your e-ticket with an e-mail and enjoy the best customer support throught your planning and travel experience.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tenerife to Gran Canaria:
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife is one of the biggest ports of the Canary Islands and can be quite busy. For that reason, it is recommended to get to the port 90 min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- Tenerife and Gran Canaria are well connected with all the Canary Islands. If you want to plan an amazing island hopping, check the Ferryhopper map of ferries and visit Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, La Gomera or La Palma.
- In case you want to cruise the Atlantic Ocean and reach the Iberic Peninsula, the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is connected with Huelva, in west Andalusia.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper Team!