How to get from Tenerife to Gran Canaria by ferry
There are several ferry crossings per day from Tenerife to Gran Canaria, with journey duration ranging from 1.5 hr to 6 hr. Compare ferries from Tenerife to Gran Canaria and find the latest updates in our ferry guide.
Ferry schedules from Tenerife to Gran Canaria*
Is there a ferry between Tenerife and Gran Canaria?
The Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry crossing is served several times per day. During high season, there can be up to 10 daily ferries.
Ferries depart from the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife and arrive either in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria or at the port of Agaete.
Please note that ferry schedules can change depending on the season. You can find real-time information, compare ferry ticket prices and book tickets for the ferry Tenerife - Gran Canaria on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The duration of the ferry Tenerife to Gran Canaria depends on the port of arrival and the type of ferry.
The Tenerife - Las Palmas trip can take 1.5 hr to 6 hr. The ferry trip from Tenerife to Agaete is approximately 1.5 hr.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
Yes, most ferries traveling from Tenerife to Gran Canaria are high-speed. The fastest ferry arrives at the port of Agaete and takes about 1 hr and 20 min to reach the island.
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The Tenerife to Gran Canaria ferry cost usually ranges between €27 and €60. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts, such as the resident discount.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
The Tenerife to Gran Canaria ferry crossing is served by multiple ferries every day, with frequency increasing during the summer.
The earliest ferry normally departs from Tenerife at around 06:00 and arrives in Gran Canaria at about 07:20 or 07:50. The latest departure is usually at 20:00, with the ferry reaching Gran Canaria at 21:20. There is also a weekly Tenerife to Las Palmas ferry that departs at 01:30 and arrives at 07:30.
What's the distance between Tenerife and Gran Canaria?
The port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is approximately 51 nautical miles (94km) from the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and about 37 nautical miles (69km) from the port of Agaete.
Am I allowed to travel from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
Yes, you can travel from Tenerife to Gran Canaria at the moment, as movement between the Canary Islands is allowed. Βear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to Gran Canaria?
You can book cheap tickets for the ferry Tenerife - Gran Canaria online on Ferryhopper. See all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and buy ferry tickets for the Canary Islands at no extra cost.
View of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and the calm sea at sunset
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Tenerife to Gran Canaria:
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife is one of the biggest ports in the Canary Islands and can get quite busy. We recommend arriving at the port at least 1.5 hr before departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- The Tenerife - Las Palmas ferry route is the best way to introduce yourself to the culture and lifestyle of Gran Canaria. Las Palmas is a vibrant city with many attractions, a lively urban coast and beautiful beaches nearby.
- Check out our Gran Canaria travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- From Gran Canaria, you can catch a ferry to Fuerteventura and Lanzarote. Find all available ferry itineraries on Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping in the Canary Islands hassle-free.
- We would recommend booking your return trip in advance, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle. Check more information about the ferry Gran Canaria-Tenerife on our pages.
- For more information about the ferry Tenerife - Gran Canaria, please contact our customer support team.
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria
You can travel from Tenerife to Gran Canaria by ferry from the port of Santa Cruz, the capital of the island.
The port is located in the northeast of Tenerife, about 15km from Tenerife North Airport and approximately 60km from Tenerife South Airport.
Bus route 20 takes you from Tenerife North Airport to Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 25 min. To get to the capital from Tenerife South Airport, you can catch bus 111 or 711. The ride takes around 1.5 hr.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria with a car?
Yes, the boat from Tenerife to Gran Canaria can transport vehicles. An average Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry price for a car is around €35 - €55, while for motorcycles from approximately €32 - €47. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance!
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and easily travel from Tenerife to Gran Canaria by ferry.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
- Trasmediterránea: The company allows up to 30kg per person or 40kg in the cabins.
Ferries to Gran Canaria from Tenerife offer numbered seats and cabins. You can book a cabin on the crossing Tenerife - Las Palmas operated by Trasmediterránea and Naviera Armas, and numbered seats on the Fred. Olsen Express route.