Traveling from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Porto Torres by ferry
The Civitavecchia-Porto Torres ferry connection operates throughout the year and allows travellers to easily and quickly reach the north-west part of Sardinia. The ferry route from central Italy to Porto Torres is particularly convenient for those who plan holidays in the Sardinian provinces of Stintino, Alghero, Castelsardo or Badesi. The duration of the ferry trip from Civitavecchia to Porto Torres is a bit more than 7 hours while the ferry tickets start from 30 euros for a standard economy seat.
Ferry schedules from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Porto Torres*
How frequent is the Civitavecchia - Porto Torres ferry connection?
In the summer months (June - September) there are at least 5 ferries per week while in low season there are 2 ferry crossings every week. At the moment the ferry connection is served by the ferry company Grimaldi Lines.
What is the distance between Civitavecchia and Porto Torres?
The Civitavecchia - Porto Torres ferry route connects Italy with northwest Sardinia and the distance between the two ports is approximately 322 km (174 nautical miles).
How long is the ferry ride from Civitavecchia to Porto Torres?
The trip duration of the Civitavecchia - Porto Torres ferry crossing is around 7 hrs and 15 min. For a more comfortable journey we would suggest that you book a numbered seat or a bed cabin in order to arrive fresh on your destination.
The majority of the ferry connections from mainland Italy to Porto Torres are also overnight which means that passengers can take advantage of the early morning arrival to Sardinia and enjoy their holidays to the most.
Do I have to book my ferry tickets in advance from Civitavecchia?
It’s definitely best to book your ferry tickets from the port of Civitavecchia in advance! The ferry routes from Civitavecchia to Sardinia are particularly popular throughout the year but especially from May to October when the weather allows you to enjoy swimming and outdoor activities, the demand for ferry tickets is higher!. On Ferryhopper you can book your ferry tickets for Sardinia easy, fast, and in the best prices!
What is the ferry ticket price from Civitavecchia to Porto Torres?
The ferry cost from Civitavecchia to Porto Torres starts from a bit more than 30€ for a one-way economy ticket. Ferry ticket prices are subject to change depending on the ferry ticket type (deck, numbered seat, cabin), if you are transferring your vehicle or if you are traveling with your pet.
The ferries that depart from Civitavecchia, in Rome, to Porto Torres often apply to seasonal offers so this crossing can be the cheapest way to get from central Italy to Sardinia. For more information on ferry ticket prices, ticket types and available discounts visit our updated search engine.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Civitavecchia to Porto Torres
- The residents of Sardinia are entitled to discounted rates in the Civitavecchia - Porto Torres ferry route. The discounts also apply to the residents’ vehicle tickets.
- The port of Civitavecchia can get quite busy, particularly during the summer months, so we recommend that you arrive early for your ferry departure. For travelers with a vehicle, we suggest that you arrive at the port at least 90 minutes before departure, while 60 minutes before the ferry departs is enough for travelers without a vehicle.
- Sardinia is a unique destination and an island that is best to explore by car as it’s quite big and it has many interesting and beautiful places to visit. We recommend that you either bring your own vehicle by ferry or you rent one on arrival to the port of Porto Torres. You can see and compare ferry ticket prices for you and your vehicle on the Ferryhopper search results.
- The port of Porto Torres in the northwest side of Sardinia is often the intermediate stop on the ferry route Italy - Barcelona. The ferry route from Porto Torres to Barcelona is usually operated by Grimaldi Lines. On our Map of Ferries, you can find all ferry connections from Porto Torres to Italy, France, and Spain. Traveling by ferry in the Mediterranean sea is a great experience!
- Before taking the ferry from the port, make sure that you spend some time visiting the city of Civitavecchia! A walk around the city can be fascinating! Don't miss Civitavecchia’s magnificent spas, the historic center, the archaeological sites, and its impressive churches.
- A few km outside of Porto Torres you can find the beautiful beaches of Platamona and Pelosa - both not to be missed!