Traveling from Genoa to Porto Torres by ferry
The ferry route from the port of Genoa to that of Porto Torres is one of the most requested by travelers to reach the northwest part of Sardinia. Ιt is operated all year round with several nighttime connections and is especially convenient for those who book their holidays in Stintino, Alghero, Castelsardo and Badesi. The price for a standard one-way ticket can start from around 50 euros, but the fare changes by far during the high season or if you want to travel with your own vehicle (car, motorbike or camper).
Ferry schedules from Genoa to Porto Torres*
How many connections are there between Genoa and Porto Torres?
The ferry connection between Genoa and Porto Torres is operated by Grandi Navi Veloci (GND) and Tirrenia, with up to 11 weekly crossings. Tirrenia offers this service all year round while GNV does not provide it during the winter.
- During the summer, the number of night runs is increased and during the peak season, daytime runs are also available up to 5 times a week.
- Tirrenia ferries serve night routes that leave every day from the port of Genoa at 21:30. In August, every weekend, a daytime crossing is also added and leaves at 8:30.
- Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV) instead offers connections from the end of May and the departure of the ferries is at 20:30 (although the times may vary).
What is the distance between Genoa and Porto Torres?
The ferry route is about 396 km long (214 nautical miles) and connects Italy with north-western Sardinia.
What is the duration of the ferry trip from Genoa to Porto Torres?
The duration of the crossing from Genoa to Porto Torres is approximately 10 to 11 hours.
Different types of seats are available on ferries (deck passage, armchair or cabin) according to your needs. On occasion, there are cabins with pet facilities or suites with exclusive services and comforts. Some vessels also have restaurants, bars, a cinema and an area equipped for children aiming to make the ferry trip more pleasant to passengers.
Where to book ferry tickets from Genoa to Porto Torres?
The Genoa - Porto Torres ferry route is very popular as you can reach the Gulf of Asinara from northern Italy, therefore we recommend that you check Ferryhopper and book your ferry tickets in advance in order to take advantage of the best offers.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Genoa to Porto Torres
- All companies offer reduced rates for groups of people such as children or locals. On Ferryhopper you will find all types of ferry tickets as well as discounts and offers.
- If you are a Sardinia resident, you are entitled to discounted rates.
- The port of Genoa can be very crowded in summer. It is suggested to get to the port 90 min before the departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- Moreover, the port of Genoa is very close to the city center, so it is very easy to reach it
- The port of Porto Torres also offers connections with ports in France and Spain. You can find all the ferry connections available from the ports of Sardinia to Italy, France and Spain on Ferryhopper!
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper team!