Ferry from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Olbia (Sardinia)
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Civitavecchia to Olbia (Sardinia)?
Yes, you can travel from Civitavecchia to Olbia throughout the year. Ferry connections are operated by 3 companies: Grimaldi Lines, GNV and Tirrenia.
Tirrenia operates on the route year-round with 1 daily departure in winter and up to 3 daily departures in the high season.
The ferries of Grimaldi Lines and GNV operate only from June to September.
What’s the ferry schedule from Civitavecchia to Olbia
In winter, the daily departure from Civitavecchia to Olbia is scheduled for 22:30, arriving the next day at 06:30 in the morning.
In summer, however, the first ferry departs from the port of Civitavecchia at around 08:30 in the morning, while the last ferry departure to Olbia is scheduled for 23:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Civitavecchia to Olbia?
The price of the tickets for the Civitavecchia - Olbia ferry starts at around €19-€47. The final cost depends on seat type, vehicle selection and the operator you've chosen for your trip.
Tip: as ferry prices tend to be higher in summer, consider planning your trip well in advance.
On Ferryhopper, you can discover the best available offers for the crossing you’re interested in. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare prices and offers, and book cheap ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel from Civitavecchia to Olbia for free but are not entitled to onboard seating. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of Sardinia throughout the year.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Civitavecchia to Olbia?
The Civitavecchia - Olbia ferry crossing usually lasts 6-8.5 hr, depending on the type of vessel you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Civitavecchia to Olbia?
The connections from the port of Civitavecchia to that of Olbia are also operated by high-speed ferries. The fastest ferry crossing, which is offered by Tirrenia, lasts about 6 hr.
What’s the distance between Civitavecchia and Olbia?
The distance between Civitavecchia and Olbia is 120 nautical miles (about 220 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Olbia from Civitavecchia
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Civitavecchia to Olbia:
- In high season, we recommend arriving early at the port of Civitavecchia to avoid delays and overcrowding, especially if you’re bringing along your vehicle.
- You can easily get around Sardinia by car. You can either bring along your vehicle or rent one upon arrival. Consider planning an exciting camper vacation in Sardinia as well!
- If you choose to travel without a vehicle, you can easily reach Civitavecchia from Roma Termini railway station!
- In addition to Olbia, you can reach various destinations in Sardinia from Civitavecchia by ferry. Discover the Civitavecchia - Porto Torres and Civitavecchia - Cagliari routes on Ferryhopper!
- We suggest you take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy as you plan your Civitavecchia - Olbia ferry trip.
Where to take the ferry from Civitavecchia to Olbia
Ferries from Civitavecchia to Olbia depart from Calata Laurenti Maritime Station.
From the train station of Civitavecchia, you can reach the port by bus or on foot. The entrance to Varco Fortezza is about 600 m away. Alternatively, the other 2 pedestrian entrances to the port are Varco Vespucci and Porta Livorno.
Can I travel on the Civitavecchia to Olbia ferry with a car?
Yes, you can bring along your car on the ferries that serve the Civitavecchia - Olbia route and explore Sardinia at your own pace.
Each ferry company operating on the ferry route to Olbia, Sardinia, has different policies for luggage:
- On the ferries of GNV, you can bring along up to 2 pieces of luggage free of charge.
- With Tirrenia, passengers can carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 20 kg.
- Grimaldi Lines allows each passenger to carry one piece of luggage weighing less than 30 kg for free.
The ferries serving the Civitavecchia - Olbia route offer different types of cabins: internal, external (with windows), suites and cabins that are accessible to people with disabilities.
On the ferries of Grimaldi Lines, you can bring along your pet. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. You can either book a special cabin or bring your own pet carrier. For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you contact the ferry operator and make the best of your ferry ride with your little companion!
Book cheap ferry tickets from Civitavecchia to Olbia
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Olbia from Civitavecchia easily and quickly! Find real-time information on the Civitavecchia - Olbia connection on our Map of ferries and book ferry tickets hassle-free!