Traveling from Athens (port of Rafina) to Syros by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Rafina) - Syros normally takes from 6h to 7h and costs start at 40€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Rafina) to Syros*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Rafina) to Syros?
At present, there are only indirect ferry routes from the port of Rafina to Syros, with other Greek islands as intermediate stops such as Mykonos and Tinos. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Rafina) to Syros?
The duration of the trip varies depending mainly on the type of vessel, the ferry company and the intermediate destination you choose. On average you will need 6-7 hours to reach Syros from Rafina.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Rafina) to Syros?
The price of ferry tickets from Rafina to Syros also depends on the type of vessel, the season and the intermediate destination. Generally, there are tickets from 38 to 70€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Rafina) to Syros?
The ferry schedule from Rafina to Syros depends on the ferry route combination that you choose. You can find more information on the ferry routes on the respective pages of Ferryhopper.
What’s the distance between Athens (Rafina) and Syros?
The distance from the port of Rafina to the port of Syros is about 62 nautical miles (114 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Rafina) to Syros?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Travel with Ferryhopper to the beautiful island of Syros.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Rafina) to Syros?
The Ferryhopper platform shows you all the possible combinations of prices and ferry itineraries to travel from Rafina to Syros. Book ferry tickets online and plan your trip.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Rafina) to Syros
- Many of the Rafina - Syros ferries have garages for transporting vehicles.
- The port of Rafina is the second in preference and extent after that of Piraeus and serves all of Attica. From Rafina, many itineraries depart daily and the port can be very busy. For this reason, we recommend that you get there at least 45 minutes earlier, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- Syros is the capital of the Cyclades and is connected by ferry to many other islands such as Andros, Naxos, Tinos and Mykonos. Check the Ferryhopper map of ferries and organize island hopping from Syros easily and quickly.
- We suggest you take a look at the pages of Ferryhopper for the routes Rafina - Tinos and Rafina - Mykonos.
- For more information on the trip or to confirm the departure time, do not hesitate to contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!