Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Thessaloniki to Syros?
For now, you can find 1 weekly ferry from Thessaloniki to Syros in the Cyclades. The ferry company that currently operates this crossing is Blue Star Ferries.
Please note that the ferry connection between Thessaloniki and Syros is served seasonally and schedules may be changed or canceled. For this reason, always check our ferry ticket booking engine to find up-to-date data.
How long is the ferry ride from Thessaloniki to Syros?
The duration of the Thessaloniki-Syros ferry ride is more than 1 day, approximately 29 hours.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Thessaloniki to Syros?
No, unfortunately, the ferry route from Thessaloniki to Syros is not served by fast ferries.
How much is the ferry from Thessaloniki to Syros?
The ferry ticket for the crossing from Thessaloniki to Syros costs €62.5 per passenger for a deck or lounge seat. The ticket price can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, cabin selection and vehicle transportation.
What's the ferry schedule from Thessaloniki to Syros?
In 2021, for the periods from March 1st to June 6th and from September 6th to December 31st, you can find 1 weekly ferry connection from Thessaloniki to Syros, every Saturday.
The ferry departs from Thessaloniki at 21:00 and reaches the main port of Syros in Ermoupolis the next day, at 02:00 after midnight.
What's the distance between Thessaloniki and Syros?
The distance between the port of Thessaloniki and Syros in an almost straight line is around 219 nautical miles (406km).
Am I allowed to travel from Thessaloniki to Syros?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Thessaloniki to Syros?
Travel by ferry from Thessaloniki to the Cyclades and book your ferry tickets with Ferryhopper. On our pages, you will find updated information on schedules and prices, in order to book online your tickets to Syros at no extra cost!
A bloomed purple bougainvillea in an alley of Syros
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Thessaloniki to Syros
Here are some travel tips for your journey from Thessaloniki to Syros by ferry:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Thessaloniki at least 1.5 hr before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a car to Syros.
- The port of Thessaloniki is located near the city center and reaching it in peak hours can take some time. If you go by car, you are advised to take into account the traffic jam that you may face.
- The route Thessaloniki - Syros is a perfect way to transport your vehicle from Northern Greece to the Cyclades and explore every corner of them. Indicatively, vehicle tickets can be around €27 for a motorbike and around €133 for a car.
- You can find more information and details regarding holidays in Syros on our relevant page.
- From the port of Thessaloniki, you can travel by ferry to more islands in the Cyclades. Find out more about the available ferry schedules from Thessaloniki to the Cyclades in our blog.
- Syros is an ideal destination for island hopping as it’s next to many popular islands like Mykonos or Tinos. On our Map of Ferries, you can plan your ferry trips from Syros in just a few steps!
Where to take the ferry from Thessaloniki to Syros?
You can take the ferry to Syros from the port of Thessaloniki near the city center. The port is located approximately 16km from Thessaloniki International Airport “Makedonia” and 1km from the railway station.
Getting to the port of Thessaloniki is very easy as there are frequent bus services and taxis. For those who want to reach the port by car, there is a port parking space 500m from the port gate.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Syros.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The vessels Blue Star Chios and Blue Star Mykonos that often operate on the Thessaloniki-Syros ferry route has cabins with beds that provide a comfortable journey. Due to the overnight trip and the long ferry ride, we suggest that you book a cabin to have more privacy and sleep well.