Ferry from Stromboli to Panarea
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Stromboli to Panarea?
Yes, you can travel by ferry from Stromboli to Panarea all year round. There are usually 3-4 daily crossings to Panarea, depending on the season. The Stromboli - Panarea connection is operated by Liberty Lines and Siremar ferries.
Keep in mind that during the high season, the number of daily crossings from Stromboli to Panarea increases. Therefore, make sure to check the ferry schedules and your travel time before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Stromboli to Panarea?
The earliest ferry departs from Stromboli at 06:15 and arrives in Panarea around 07:35, while the latest departure from Stromboli is usually at 17:30, reaching the port of Panarea at around 18:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Stromboli to Panarea?
The ferry ticket price from Stromboli to Panarea ranges between €9 and €11. The ticket cost depends on the company and the season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Panarea from Stromboli. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper online.
Toddlers up to 3 years old travel from Stromboli to Panarea for free. There are also discount tickets for children up to 14 years old and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Stromboli to Panarea?
The ferry time from Stromboli to Panarea is between 25 min and 1 hr 30 min. The trip duration depends on the boat type (ferry or hydrofoil).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Stromboli to Panarea?
The connection from Stromboli to Panarea is also operated by hydrofoils. The fastest ferry takes around 25 min to reach the Panarea port.
What's the distance between Stromboli and Panarea?
The distance between Stromboli and Panarea is 13 nautical miles (around 24 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Panarea from Stromboli
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Stromboli to Panarea:
- When booking your ferry tickets from Stromboli to Panarea, make sure that you select the right departure port (Stromboli or Ginostra).
- The 2 ports of Stromboli are connected by ferry. You can travel from the port of Stromboli to that of Ginostra and vice versa in just 10 min!
- Panarea is a very popular destination, so we recommend booking your trip well in advance.
- From Panarea, you can continue your adventure and explore the other Aeolian Islands by ferry. Find out which Aeolian island is the best for your holidays, thanks to our travel guide.
- If you want to leave directly from the Italian peninsula and reach Panarea, take the ferry from Naples. Take a look at the direct ferry from Naples to Panarea!
- In a few cases, the schedules of ferries that depart from the port of Stromboli may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
Where to take the ferry from Stromboli to Panarea?
Ferries and hydrofoils to Panarea depart from both ports of Stromboli island: Stromboli port and Ginostra. The port of Stromboli is located in the northeastern part of the island and is partly surrounded by the beach. You can easily reach the port area by taxi or on foot as there is no public transport service.
The port of Ginostra is smaller and is located in the southwestern part of the island. This area is surrounded by greenery and is ideal for nature lovers and relaxation.
Can I travel on the ferry from Stromboli to Panarea with a car?
Yes, it is possible to embark motor vehicles on the conventional ferries that operate the Stromboli - Panarea connection, but not on the hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that, from May to October, motor vehicles of non-residents are not allowed to circulate in Panarea.
Each company operating the ferry route from Stromboli to Panarea has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger is entitled to have 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20 kg.
- On Liberty Lines hydrofoils, you can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with dimensions of 60x40x20 cm.
Given the short duration of the trip, there are no cabins on the hydrofoils and ferries from Stromboli to Panarea. Instead, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on Stromboli - Panarea ferries and hydrofoils, as long as you fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets.
A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while large-sized pets must wear a muzzle and a leash. On Siremar ferries, there are also special areas on board reserved for passengers with dogs or other pets.
Book ferry tickets from Stromboli to Panarea
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Stromboli to Panarea online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Panarea easily and quickly!