Ferry from Vulcano to Panarea
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Vulcano to Panarea?
Yes, you can travel by ferry from Vulcano to Panarea all year round. There are usually 2 daily crossings to Panarea, depending on the season. The Vulcano - Panarea connection is operated by Liberty Lines and Siremar ferries.
Keep in mind that during the high season, there are up to 6 daily crossings operating the Vulcano - Panarea ferry route. Therefore, make sure to check the ferry schedules and your travel time before your trip.
Am I allowed to travel to Panarea from Vulcano?
Yes, you can travel from Vulcano to Panarea by ferry at the moment. Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Vulcano to Panarea?
The earliest ferry departs from the port of Vulcano at 08:50 and arrives at the port of Panarea around 11:25. The latest departure from Vulcano to Panarea is usually at 14:25.
However, sometimes there are crossings to Panarea leaving at 16:10 from the port of Vulcano.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Vulcano to Panarea?
The Vulcano to Panarea ferry price ranges from €8 to €11. The ticket cost depends on the company and the season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Panarea from Vulcano. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the same price with ferry companies.
Toddlers up to 3 years old travel from Vulcano to Panarea for free. There are also discount tickets for children up to 14 years old and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Vulcano to Panarea?
The ferry time from Vulcano to Panarea is between 1 hr and 2 hr 30 min. The trip duration depends on the boat type (ferry or hydrofoil).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Vulcano to Panarea?
The connection from Vulcano to Panarema is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry takes around 1 hr to reach the Panarea port.
What's the distance between Vulcano and Panarea?
The distance between Vulcano and Panarea is 15 nautical miles (around 27km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Panarea from Vulcano
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Vulcano to Panarea:
- Panarea is the smallest island of the Aeolian Islands, but it is also the most popular destination. We, therefore, suggest that you book the ferry and accommodation in advance.
- If you want to leave directly from the Italian peninsula and reach Panarea, just take the ferry from Naples. Take a look at the direct ferry route from Naples to Panarea!
- From Panarea, you can continue your journey among the other wonders of the Aeolian Islands and reach nearby Stromboli by ferry in just 30 min.
- Find out which Aeolian island is the best for your holidays thanks to our travel guide.
- We recommend booking your return to Vulcano in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- In a few cases, the schedules of ferries that depart from the port of Vulcano may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real-time on the Ferryhopper app!
Where to take the ferry from Vulcano to Panarea
Ferries and hydrofoils to Panarea from Vulcano depart from Porto di Levante, located in the northern part of the island.
In the port area, you can find several shops, bars, restaurants and taxi services. Also, you can reach the famous beach of Acque Calde in just a 5-minute walk from the port.
Can I travel on the ferry from Vulcano to Panarea with a car?
Yes, it is possible to embark motor vehicles on the conventional ferries that operate the Vulcano - Panarea connection, but not on the hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that, from July to September, motor vehicles of non-residents are not allowed to circulate in Panarea.
Each company operating the ferry route from Vulcano to Panarea has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger is entitled to have 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20kg.
- On Liberty Lines hydrofoils, you can carry up to 10kg of hand luggage with dimensions of 60x40x20cm.
Given the short duration of the trip, there are no cabins on the hydrofoils and ferries from Vulcano to Panarea. Instead, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on Vulcano - Panarea ferries and hydrofoils, as long as you fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets.
A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while large-sized pets must wear a muzzle and a leash. On Siremar ferries there are also special areas on board reserved for passengers with dogs or other pets.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Vulcano to Panarea?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Vulcano to Panarea online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Panarea in just a few clicks!